Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 4, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #56,866 of 75,140
So....wonder if the QC problem that they seem to have on the ti model, is only limited to that specific shell? While the other bells dont have any particular QC issues? (I havent seen any other QC reports on their other buds.)

I be lying if I said I wasnt interested in the bell-blue after hearing the LBBS.....
Yes, concur. It does seem like the QC issues have been with the Bell-Ti series only and our Chinese comrades over on erji.net have intimated that to me as well.

After my nightmare right driver and cable double-whammy failure with the Bell-Ti 120Ω 🤮 (thankfully repaired by Wong @ Blur) I do kind of wish I had bought the slightly cheaper Bell-Blue instead as it had a far more robust and supple cable on it than the fragile thin one that came on my Bell-Ti 120Ω. I was also quite impressed with the sound of the Bell-Blue aka "The Smurfs" except something in the lower treble was slightly "fatiguing" to me though I wouldn't call the Bell Smurf bright, it is still a rather warm earbud. The Smurf has a nice sparkle in the treble. So again I wouldn't categorize it as being bright or even sibilant but rather maybe a bit "excited". I might have adapted to it after a week or so using them; hard to say.

I did finally have the opportunity to listen to both versions of the 2020 - K's Temperament 白铃 Bell-We 158Ω aka "New White Ling E", Standard & Bass Editions, about a month ago and I wasn't that impressed... I would say to either buy the cheaper LBBs or save up for the Bell-Blue instead.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #56,867 of 75,140
Yes, I meant confort wise. My ears just love LBBS :)

Would love to get more into DIY and stuff, to test more, but I have two bricks instead of hands 😂
Everyone has this problem in the beginning until they get a little into the game.
There will always be a compromise between comfort and better sound, it is up to the users to decide which side to choose.
Even if you find a pair who has both traits, it doesn't have to mean that someone else will have the same thing

Aug 4, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #56,868 of 75,140
Yes, concur. It does seem like the QC issues have been with the Bell-Ti series only and our Chinese comrades over on erji.net have intimated that to me as well.

After my nightmare right driver and cable double failure with the Bell-Ti 120Ω 🤮 I do kinda wish I had bought the slightly cheaper Bell-Blue instead as it had a far more robust and supple cable on it than the fragile thin one that came on my Bell-Ti 120Ω. I was also quite impressed with the sound of the Bell-Blue aka "The Smurfs" except something in the lower treble was slightly "fatiguing" to me though I wouldn't call the Bell Smurf bright, it is still a rather warm earbud. The Smurf has a nice sparkle in the treble. So again I wouldn't categorize it as being bright or even sibilant but rather maybe a bit "excited". I might have adapted to it after a week or so using them; hard to say.

I did finally have the opportunity to listen to both versions of the 2020 - K's Temperament 白铃 Bell-We 158Ω aka "New White Ling E", Standard & Bass Editions, about a month ago and I wasn't that impressed... I would say to either buy the cheaper LBBs or save up for the Bell-Blue instead.
Yep, Bell-Blue is on my radar. It looks like it has the exact same cable as the LBBS. (except a blue metal chin slider)
Seems the Bell-Blue Aluminium alloy CNC, while the LBBS uses Magnesium Aluminium alloy (according to google translate). So the Bell-Blue should be heavier
1628106484752.png

Bell-WE is very dissapointing....

Everyone has this problem in the beginning until they get a little into the game.
There will always be a compromise between comfort and better sound, it is up to the users to decide which side to choose.
Even if you find a pair who has both traits, it doesn't have to mean that someone else will have the same thing
None of my MX500 buds beats the LBBS in anything besides bass though.

Aug 4, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #56,869 of 75,140
Alright, if anyone has the LBB and wants to hear how the LBBS sounds like. You can try this PEQ preset I made (very similar actually...):

Low-shelf: 80hz, Q: 0.6, gain: 3db
Low-shelf 300hz, Q: 0.6, gain: -3.5db
High-shelf: 10 000hz, Q:0.7, gain: 5db
Preamp: -5db

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #56,870 of 75,140
In my personal opinion TINGO TG38 (for example) outperforms LBB with a much more natural tonality and true to reality (in my opinion LBB has a metallic timbre similar to the BA timbre and a significant lack even to be a bud in the subbass), Tingo makes any type of music more faithful to the real sound of the instruments themselves. Just for that reason the technicalities in my case go to the background, I cannot ignore it at any time.

I believe that LBB is an adequate value in relation to its price (SQ), but nothing beyond it. He is not a giant's killer.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #56,871 of 75,140
None of my MX500 buds beats the LBBS in anything besides bass though.
That's because none of your MX500's use LBBS driver.
Bell and funnel-shape shells are similar, but funnel-shape shells have a small advantage: they can have a real back vent in addition to the stem / vent.
I transferred all drivers from funnel-shape shells to MX500 for testing purposes and guess what, I never put them back in the stock state,
even if I don't have the best sealing / fit with the MX500 shell.

Aug 4, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #56,872 of 75,140
Hello everyone!

After almost 2 years of constant lurking i've finally decided to post here.
I started this hobby roughly at the end of 2019 when i bought a bunch of cheap earbuds to replace my old Pioneer. As soon as i've got my first pair of Vidos i knew i couldn't stop there and from that point onward i just kept buying more and more new toys.

I've read every message from this thread (yes, all 3000+ pages) and all posts from DIY Earbuds (2 times).
In the past months i've tested many buds and completed many diy projects and i finally feel comfortable sharing my knowledge.

Last week i listened again to all my collection and i ranked all earbuds from best to worst:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qJ3T10FyvKI-8gAc7169mSr052yoV7EO8RCtbs6G-Do/edit?usp=sharing

I hope this can be helpful to everyone who wants to join this hobby or just needs to buy new stuff :)
Feel free to ask me anything, i'd be happy to help.

Current plans:
-19-21 Biofilm (White vido shell + bass hole)
-64ohm full Ti (Furyossa's mx500 rivet mod)
-White Vido high impedence mod (220ohm resistor + refined tuning)

Future plans:
-Black Docomo + white/pink furukawa cable
-14.8mm 40ohm Ti + blue transparent PK shells
-19-21 graphene composite
-19-21 beryllium composite
-19-21 full ti
-Smabat Super One drivers in mx500 shells
-Find a way to properly tune the 400ohm graphene drivers

8TFVASM.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #56,873 of 75,140
In my personal opinion TINGO TG38 (for example) outperforms LBB with a much more natural tonality and true to reality (in my opinion LBB has a metallic timbre similar to the BA timbre and a significant lack even to be a bud in the subbass), Tingo makes any type of music more faithful to the real sound of the instruments themselves. Just for that reason the technicalities in my case go to the background, I cannot ignore it at any time.

I believe that LBB is an adequate value in relation to its price (SQ), but nothing beyond it. He is not a giant's killer.
Thats the LBB, which is not good IMO. The LBBS is leagues ahead of the LBB.

Aug 4, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #56,874 of 75,140
Aug 4, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #56,875 of 75,140
Hello everyone!

I started this hobby roughly at the end of 2019 when i bought a bunch of cheap earbuds to replace my old Pioneer. As soon as i've got my first pair of Vidos i knew i couldn't stop there and from that point onward i just kept buying more and more new toys.

I've read every message from this thread (yes, all 3000+ pages) and all posts from DIY Earbuds (2 times).
In the past months i've tested many buds and completed many diy projects and i finally feel comfortable sharing my knowledge.

Last week i listened again to all my collection and i ranked all earbuds from best to worse:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qJ3T10FyvKI-8gAc7169mSr052yoV7EO8RCtbs6G-Do/edit?usp=sharing

I hope this can be helpful to everyone who wants to join this hobby or just needs to buy new stuff :)

Current plans:

Future plans:
-19-21 full ti

8TFVASM.jpg
Great to see a third ranking lists for buds. :thumbsup:

Aug 4, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #56,876 of 75,140
Hello everyone!

Last week i listened again to all my collection and i ranked all earbuds from best to worse:

Current plans:

Future plans:
-19-21 full ti

8TFVASM.jpg
Welcome bro! You have really good collection. Maybe it would be better to post this in DIY Earbuds thread as well, since they are mostly DIY models :beerchug:
@RikudouGoku what do you think Mr @Rary transferred Smabat Super One drivers in mx500 shells? :wink:

Aug 4, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #56,877 of 75,140
Welcome bro! You have really good collection. Maybe it would be better to post this in DIY Earbuds thread as well, since they are mostly DIY models :beerchug:
@RikudouGoku what do you think Mr @Rary transferred Smabat Super One drivers in mx500 shells? :wink:
No idea. It doesnt sound good in the Super One bud at least.

Aug 4, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #56,878 of 75,140
No idea. It doesnt sound good in the Super One bud at least.
You know about 2K peak which you mentioned in your review. Now is probably gone :wink:

Aug 4, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #56,879 of 75,140
You know about 2K peak which you mentioned in your review. Now is probably gone :wink:
Fury is right, there is a reason to why nearly all earbuds use MX500 shells, because they're probably one of the best shell designs you can get for an earbud.

Aug 4, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #56,880 of 75,140
If the bass quantity is the same, it might sound worse due to it being even more bloated then. The 2-3k peak is meant to balance out the bass, if its gone...well, rip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back