Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 8, 2021 at 12:11 AM Post #53,326 of 75,077
Are you saying people should skip the $7USD RY4S and just go for the $90USD Dendroaspis Virdis?

Where do they get these names anyway... What does that mean?
I did not skip them, if I did not have them I could not give my opinion.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 12:43 AM Post #53,327 of 75,077
Deal done! We’ll see when i’ll get them.
Took also smabat ST10s silver, just in case.
Two good choices man! I wanna know your impressions when arriving.

Apr 8, 2021 at 4:36 AM Post #53,329 of 75,077
Hi All, sorry if this was already mentioned (I could not find it though) - is the Fiio EM5 worth to buy? Moreover, any comparisons with the Aiwa HP-V99? Because I saw that the V99 inspired the EM5 in the first place and I became interested. Cheers. :)

Apr 8, 2021 at 6:05 AM Post #53,330 of 75,077
Yincrow RW-2000 impressions:

Bass is very clean and is fun at the same time due to the boost. Speed, tightness and texture are top tier.

Mids are excellent with very good tonality for both male and female vocals and clarity/detail are very good despite the high bass quantity.

Treble is airy as most buds are and treble extension is good as well, very non-fatiguing but detailed treble.

Technicalities are very good but most notable is the huge soundstage and that the timbre is excellent as most buds.

Comparison with the Yincrow X6:

The sub-bass is lower on the RW-2000 and doesn’t rumble as much either. Extension is similar. But otherwise, the speed, tightness and texture are better on the RW-2000 while the overall bass is very similar.

Mids and treble are a lot better on the RW-2000 and the tonality is brighter than the warm X6 and is more neutral than the X6.

Technicalities and overall resolution are leagues ahead on the RW-2000.

This might be my favorite bud and worthy of being called a TOTL bud.

Apr 8, 2021 at 6:15 AM Post #53,331 of 75,077
The sub-bass is lower on the RW-2000 and doesn’t rumble as much either. Extension is similar. But otherwise, the speed, tightness and texture are better on the RW-2000 while the overall bass is very similar.
I agree with this. And everything else is just way better. Worthy of TOTL tuning status.

Apr 8, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #53,332 of 75,077
I agree with this. And everything else is just way better. Worthy of TOTL tuning status.
The sub-bass difference is probably due to the deeper fit you get with the MX500 shell.

Apr 8, 2021 at 6:25 AM Post #53,333 of 75,077
The sub-bass difference is probably due to the deeper fit you get with the MX500 shell.

I think MX500 shells sits in my ears a lot better. I'm not sure if it is the smaller diameter or protruding shell of the RW-2000, but I cannot get them to stay in place for long without having to readjust. Maybe this can be fixed by wearing them with ear hooks or cables behind the ears but it is not what I particularly like to do with earbuds. I tried stacking multiple foams but ended up just using very porous VE foams.

Fit was the main reason I did not keep this pair but I still miss its sound at times. Maybe I'll get another pair sometime later.

Apr 8, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #53,334 of 75,077
I think MX500 shells sits in my ears a lot better. I'm not sure if it is the smaller diameter or protruding shell of the RW-2000, but I cannot get them to stay in place for long without having to readjust. Maybe this can be fixed by wearing them with ear hooks or cables behind the ears but it is not what I particularly like to do with earbuds. I tried stacking multiple foams but ended up just using very porous VE foams.

Fit was the main reason I did not keep this pair but I still miss its sound at times. Maybe I'll get another pair sometime later.
Indeed, mx500 works the best for me as well.

But fortunately I didn't have any problems with the RW-2000.

Apr 8, 2021 at 6:34 AM Post #53,335 of 75,077
Indeed, mx500 works the best for me as well.

But fortunately I didn't have any problems with the RW-2000.

I think I could have fixed the issue with with some rubber rings or something. If you can get a good fit out of the box then it's a keeper. I cannot name another pair similar to it for the price and performance. Not to mention the built quality and cables are really good too.

Apr 8, 2021 at 6:35 AM Post #53,336 of 75,077
I wear the RW-1000 over ear with the driver angling in slightly so that they are firing direct into the ear canal. This is the best sound and most stable fit (when stationary) for me. YMMV.

Edit: Pull the cable tight using the chin slider when used over ear. This helps with fit stability

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #53,337 of 75,077
I think I could have fixed the issue with with some rubber rings or something. If you can get a good fit out of the box then it's a keeper. I cannot name another pair similar to it for the price and performance. Not to mention the built quality and cables are really good too.
You could use the following cheap porous and thick foams. Then you could cover it with red and blue donut foams to make double foams and increase the bass.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33019313027.html

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 6:53 AM Post #53,338 of 75,077
High impedance versions of PT2021 are now available on AE.

Screenshot_20210408-065145.png

Apr 8, 2021 at 7:07 AM Post #53,340 of 75,077
Yincrow RW-2000 impressions:

Bass is very clean and is fun at the same time due to the boost. Speed, tightness and texture are top tier.

Mids are excellent with very good tonality for both male and female vocals and clarity/detail are very good despite the high bass quantity.

Treble is airy as most buds are and treble extension is good as well, very non-fatiguing but detailed treble.

Technicalities are very good but most notable is the huge soundstage and that the timbre is excellent as most buds.

Comparison with the Yincrow X6:

Mids and treble are a lot better on the RW-2000 and the tonality is brighter than the warm X6 and is more neutral than the X6.

Technicalities and overall resolution are leagues ahead on the RW-2000.

This might be my favorite bud and worthy of being called a TOTL bud.

Thanks for the impressions! Any comparisons with your other TOTL sets like the NiceHCK EBX21 or Turandot?

High impedance versions of PT2021 are now available on AE.

Screenshot_20210408-065145.png

Nice thanks for the headsup. Anybody tried the lower impedance ones before?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back