Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 11, 2020 at 8:17 AM Post #50,941 of 75,140
Fiil CC2 has a very beautiful minimalistic design. They remind me a little of Edifier H190. I like the app but I think there is only a Chinese version :slight_frown:
Not taking into account the quality of the mic, which is far away from decent, I think that TWS earbuds have really improved, in terms of sound quality,
over the last two years, especially budget models. In many models. We can see more and more advanced drivers such as Ti, Graphene, DLC,
also many of these have their own apps with great features for additional tuning which is very important IMO.

have you tried the CC2? i wonder how's the connection strength? this Onyx Ace has weaker signal than typical IEM TWS as it sometimes stutter on one side.. might be because of my devices haven't supported TWS+ yet, but then again, i never have any dropouts problem with my other IEM TWS.

The Soundpeats Trueair2 that I've tried had even worse signal dropouts, as simply touching the stem to adjust it would immediately cut out the signal on one /both side. it's a shame because i like the size and fit of it, and the sound is also not bad at all.

Dec 11, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #50,942 of 75,140
have you tried the CC2? i wonder how's the connection strength? this Onyx Ace has weaker signal than typical IEM TWS as it sometimes stutter on one side.. might be because of my devices haven't supported TWS+ yet, but then again, i never have any dropouts problem with my other IEM TWS.

The Soundpeats Trueair2 that I've tried had even worse signal dropouts, as simply touching the stem to adjust it would immediately cut out the signal on one /both side. it's a shame because i like the size and fit of it, and the sound is also not bad at all.
I didn't try CC2. Personally, I don't like airport style cover and already I mention only the Chinese version of the app.
My friend has Soundpeats Trueair2, I only tried them for a short time and I know about the issue with signal dropouts.
I am currently using Soundcore Liberty Air 2 with which I am really pleased. The app is really cool, u can nicely fine-tune the sound.
Also, sound isolation is very good. It provides a "vacuum" seal because of its ergonomic shell design which for some will not be pleasant due to the pressure and echo effect.
I tried many different eartips and for me, KZ "star-tips" and S.e.n.f.e.r_DT6 "groove-tips" which I currently use, are the best option
libertyair2.jpg

Dec 11, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #50,943 of 75,140
I didn't try CC2. Personally, I don't like airport style cover and already I mention only the Chinese version of the app.
My friend has Soundpeats Trueair2, I only tried them for a short time and I know about the issue with signal dropouts.
I am currently using Soundcore Liberty Air 2 with which I am really pleased. The app is really cool, u can nicely fine-tune the sound.
Also, sound isolation is very good. It provides a "vacuum" seal because of its ergonomic shell design which for some will not be pleasant due to the pressure and echo effect.
I tried many different eartips and for me, KZ "star-tips" and S.e.n.f.e.r_DT6 "groove-tips" which I currently use, are the best option
libertyair2.jpg
Sorry That's in ear canal type earphone, not earbuds...:dizzy_face:

Dec 11, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #50,944 of 75,140
Dec 11, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #50,945 of 75,140
Hellooo! Can i ask if you know whether an amp such as my Aune B1 will drive the Smabat ST10 Black & Gold optimally? I am a total technoramus but all my regular IEMs so far distort when plugged into this potent unit.. I attach screenshot of original Aune B1 specs listing from PenonAudio. Oops, no i don't . Doesn't work! For headphone power output it says "@3000 84mW"
Earbuds sound good enough on a DAP (for 150 ohms - balanced 200 mW, single-end 170 mW), but with an amplifier (600 mW) everything is better.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #50,946 of 75,140

I had the CC gen 1 (was stolen along with my backpack). One of my favorite TWS earphones.

Dec 11, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #50,947 of 75,140
Anyone know of full size cans that have the lush, velvety mids of VE Zen 2.0's? Meze 99's seem to be the only ones I've found like that so far.

Dec 11, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #50,949 of 75,140
Came across measurments of a pair of Rose Mojito made on a GRAS 45-CA... Is the legend really up to its reputation? At least I guess no one could call them dark :)
Rose Maria looks great and probably sounds as good as it looks. The size of the shell is too big for earbuds. I hope that the price justify overall quality.
Before the model of Maria came out, I expected that ROSE would work only on the build quality and release a Pro version for Mesya and Mojito.
These two models just need a "new suit" to shine again

Dec 11, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #50,951 of 75,140
Came across measurments of a pair of Rose Mojito made on a GRAS 45-CA... Is the legend really up to its reputation? At least I guess no one could call them dark :)
Mojitos are fairly bright and analytical to my ears

Dec 11, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #50,952 of 75,140
Rose Maria looks great and probably sounds as good as it looks. The size of the shell is too big for earbuds. I hope that the price justify overall quality.
Before the model of Maria came out, I expected that ROSE would work only on the build quality and release a Pro version for Mesya and Mojito.
These two models just need a "new suit" to shine again
Rose Maria2 is coming out and it can be considered as an improved version of the first one in the mid and low range.
The shell seems to be all metal and even heavier.

The source is as follows
http://www.erji.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2210659

Dec 11, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #50,955 of 75,140
nice find but those df compensated graphs don't look right -- they're obviously raw

Users who are viewing this thread

Back