Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 9, 2020 at 12:08 AM Post #50,896 of 75,141
Dec 9, 2020 at 1:32 AM Post #50,897 of 75,141
Have earbuds really progressed since then? Anything similar to the Rose Mojito in the earbud world? By that I mean an almost electrostatic headphones-like sound with insanely good treble, a sub-bass that really kicks, and extreme detailing and soundstage.
For sound quality, Rose Mojito is still competitive today. FiiO EM5 has even better bass but its treble is a bit too aggressive for me. My problem with Rose Mojito is that it is large and not the best fit for my ears.

Dec 9, 2020 at 1:33 AM Post #50,898 of 75,141
Couple of reasons for not using Bluetooth.

1. It is really harmful for health. 99.9% people may not be aware of that but the effects, especially on one's mental health, will be visible after longer period only. Like 15-20 years.
  2. I don't want to keep Bluetooth on and drain the batter in few hours.
  3. Every day you need to charge your Bluetooth headphone also. One day you forget, then you are gone if you are not able to charge it for some reason.
  4. All Bluetooth earphones are in-ear only. I have not seen any earbud yet.
These are only few reasons. I can surely list few more easily.

And on top of that, there is not a single reason which is actually valid for not providing 3.5mm Jack. These companies are only making people fool and not anything else. Their logic of slimmer phone or water resistant phone are useless. I am yet to see a phone which is 4mm in thickness. And there are number of phnes which has headphone jack and still water resistant.

Thanks for your detailed response. Fyi, I was referring to bluetooth receivers, not bluetooth IEMs or headphones. I clip my btr3k onto my belt and have my regular wired earbuds plugged into it, so no bluetooth near my head.

Dec 9, 2020 at 2:07 AM Post #50,899 of 75,141
I clip my btr3k onto my belt and have my regular wired earbuds plugged into it, so no bluetooth near my head.
Oh yes there is. Your receiver may not be close to your head, but the Bluetooth signal is there (30 ft range, or further for BT 5). Anyway I'm skeptical about health effects. Bluetooth operates around 2.4 GHz which WiFi also uses, and we are constantly showered with 2.4 GHz radio waves.

Dec 9, 2020 at 3:39 AM Post #50,900 of 75,141
For sound quality, Rose Mojito is still competitive today. FiiO EM5 has even better bass but its treble is a bit too aggressive for me. My problem with Rose Mojito is that it is large and not the best fit for my ears.
Mojitos fit me perfectly actually. Some earbud housing don't fit me that well, or are uncomfortable...like the VE Zen 2.0 or Monks.

Dec 9, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #50,901 of 75,141
Also, I don't want to carry too many devices and connectors etc. I am usually on phone for one of more reason related to the work so need a phone which I can use to talk also. Even if I use DAC or any other device, these phones will still be useless for me as I cannot use them to talk. I prefer headset/earphones only to talk so my hands are free to do other works as well. I cannot keep talking only for ~2 hours in a day and do nothing at that time.

I forgot to mention that one of the main reason I went with a bluetooth receiver was because I prefer not to have my phone tethered - I like my phone to be un-encumbered so that it does NOT get pulled off the counter and crash to the floor lol. And as Chinmie said, you can use the bluetooth receiver's mic for phone calls. Ultimately though it's a personal choice, so I wish you luck with your search.

Oh yes there is. Your receiver may not be close to your head, but the Bluetooth signal is there (30 ft range, or further for BT 5). Anyway I'm skeptical about health effects. Bluetooth operates around 2.4 GHz which WiFi also uses, and we are constantly showered with 2.4 GHz radio waves.

Good points. Possibly it is safer though than having the receivers in the ears. But I'm either a hypocrite or also skeptical about the health effects, because I have other bluetooth iems and headphones that I occasionally do use to get blasted by the death rays :rolling_eyes:

Dec 9, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #50,902 of 75,141
It is really harmful for health. 99.9% people may not be aware of that but the effects, especially on one's mental health, will be visible after longer period only. Like 15-20 years.

Do you have any proofs for this statement? Any links to scientific researches or medical articles? Or you have empirical evidence for this?
Just asking...

Dec 9, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #50,903 of 75,141
Couple of reasons for not using Bluetooth.

1. It is really harmful for health. 99.9% people may not be aware of that but the effects, especially on one's mental health, will be visible after longer period only. Like 15-20 years.
The 2 other radio transmitters in your phone are outputting much high power. Bluetooth is the least of your worries.

Dec 9, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #50,906 of 75,141
most bluetooth dacs usually can still make phone calls as they would have built-in mic on them
Brother, I don't want to use Bluetooth headphone or any device. I am not comfortable in using them for health reasons. That's why I wanted to know if we have earbuds (not in-ear) with C Type connector also otherwise, is there any way that we can order each and every required Mobile parts to built a High End phone (Like S20 or P40 Pro or Find X2 etc.) on our own. I am sure it can be done but have no clue where to find them?

Dec 9, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #50,909 of 75,141
Dec 9, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #50,910 of 75,141
Brother, I don't want to use Bluetooth headphone or any device. I am not comfortable in using them for health reasons. That's why I wanted to know if we have earbuds (not in-ear) with C Type connector also otherwise, is there any way that we can order each and every required Mobile parts to built a High End phone (Like S20 or P40 Pro or Find X2 etc.) on our own. I am sure it can be done but have no clue where to find them?

if that's the case, I'm afraid the options would be limited to this model of earbuds (as far as i know)
Screenshot_20201210-082919_AliExpress.jpgScreenshot_20201210-082828_AliExpress.jpg

if you want to use your wired earbuds, you can use the usb c dacs, but i don't think it allows phone calls from the earbuds..

custom build phones is a more complex and expensive idea, if that's possible at all..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back