Earbuds Round-Up
May 25, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #4,861 of 75,145
  The Cygnus and Monk+ arrived yesterday but I'm quite disappointed because the Cygnus that came is the balanced version which I did not order. It's really a hassle having to return it and wait for another month or so for the replacement to arrive. I bought it from Easy Earphones. Anyone have the same experience with the supplier? :frowning2:

As with the Monk+, it's indeed the best bang for our bucks! Currently, it's burning-in. Anyone knows how many hours is required for the burn-in?

Did you get the 32ohm version or the 18ohm one?

May 25, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #4,862 of 75,145

The balanced version comes with 2.5mm TRRS IIRC? If so, this will work: http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=5221

If is easy to convert balanced back to single-ended, just short the ground for both side together and you are done.

p/s: here is the AE link for Lunashops, but as you can see, it is more expensive: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/4pin-2-5mm-Female-Silver-Plated-TRRS-Balanced-AKR03-Layla-Angie-Earphone-To-3pin-3-5mm/319162_32654559212.html

Hi ClieOS, I honestly not an audio technical person. I just enjoy good sound and music. :) this is the picture I got from AE for the jack. can you tell by looking at this if it's a TRRS IIRC or not? Let me know if it's a yes so I can order now. thanks.

May 25, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #4,863 of 75,145

Hi ClieOS, I honestly not an audio technical person. I just enjoy good sound and music. :) this is the picture I got from AE for the jack. can you tell by looking at this if it's a TRRS IIRC or not? Let me know if it's a yes so I can order now. thanks.

That should be a 2.5mm TRRS balanced plug for A&K's DAP. Those two Lunashops links above are the right adapter for you.

May 25, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #4,864 of 75,145
Yahooooo! Thanks a lot ClieOS for the confirmation. I will not return this to Easy. At least now I have the option for balanced in case in the future I will have a DAP that has that feature. Appreciate the help. I'm happy now. :)

May 25, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #4,865 of 75,145
  Yahooooo! Thanks a lot ClieOS for the confirmation. I will not return this to Easy. At least now I have the option for balanced in case in the future I will have a DAP that has that feature. Appreciate the help. I'm happy now. :)

i saw a few ver of cygnus on AE, with price range from 79 - 99, 99 being at Easy, now i know that the 99 is the balanced TRRS, this means the cheaper ver is the nomal jack ver, like the luna shop and at penon audio ? on AE.

May 26, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #4,866 of 75,145
Got mine for $74. I selected the silver connector version which is the single-ended but got the black connector version which is the balanced version. there is no mention about impedance versions so I don't think the buyer has a choice for that.

May 26, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #4,868 of 75,145
Are there any Etymotic-sounding earbuds which are less expensive than the Mojo?

Definitely have a look at the musicmaker earbuds, the tomahawk and ting. I have the tomahawk and find them very neutral. I had the er4s a while back, too long ago to compare extensively unfortunately. Regardless, both are sure to impress with copious detail, clarity and a very neutral signature. Combined with the monk+ foams, detailing is even more prevalent. Love the simple adjustability of earbuds.

May 26, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #4,869 of 75,145
Definitely have a look at the musicmaker earbuds, the tomahawk and ting. I have the tomahawk and find them very neutral. I had the er4s a while back, too long ago to compare extensively unfortunately. Regardless, both are sure to impress with copious detail, clarity and a very neutral signature. Combined with the monk+ foams, detailing is even more prevalent. Love the simple adjustability of earbuds.

Hmm, I had the Tomahawk a few months ago, and didn't like it at all. The sound was too un-natural to me, and found the treble to be way too sparkly for my taste. If i like the TK13 I may consider trying the Ting

Mojito was very Ety sounding but want to spend like $50 not $200, lol

May 26, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #4,870 of 75,145
Very true, on first listen, the Tomahawks were a bit thin in the midrange and a tad bright for my tastes, I find them a lot better with certain types of foams, especially donuts and monk+ foams which darken the sound a bit, producing more balance. I`ll be receiving a Cygnus soon and will post some comparisons with the Tomahawk and Monk+, it`s looking to be a really good earbud, not sure it`s very neutral though. Perhaps you`ll have better luck with the Ting... 

May 26, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #4,872 of 75,145

Hmm, I had the Tomahawk a few months ago, and didn't like it at all. The sound was too un-natural to me, and found the treble to be way too sparkly for my taste. If i like the TK13 I may consider trying the Ting

Mojito was very Ety sounding but want to spend like $50 not $200, lol

I also felt the same, i use Ting only, Tomahawk i had used 2/3 times only :)

May 26, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #4,873 of 75,145
May 26, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #4,874 of 75,145
Unfortunately I've started getting buzzing in my right earbud of the VE Zen 2.0. 
frown.gif

I can tell it's not a hair or dirt rattling because I've tried many times to clean it out gently without opening it. 

Anyone else have this same problem and manage to fix it by opening them up? Since I'm the second owner of these, I'm not sure if I can send them in or if there is even any warranty, but maybe I can fix them myself. 

May 26, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #4,875 of 75,145

Users who are viewing this thread

Back