Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 31, 2020 at 1:04 AM Post #48,601 of 75,145
AK DIY VIDO. Nice one

Attachments

• 20200729_182515.jpg
    20200729_182515.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Jul 31, 2020 at 7:39 AM Post #48,602 of 75,145
Which device did you use to drive the snow lotus? ALL 64ohm faaeal and above NEED enough power to sound right :beyersmile: My sl 1.0 sound really good with xduoo xd-05 plus, sound like crap with phones lmao

If my HD600's Sound good out of my phone or an ipod, Those earbuds should of. They sounded as if they were pulled away from your ears or like listening to radio. Getting burned Twice by the same company isnt a good look. I saved the travel bags and foam covers.

Jul 31, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #48,603 of 75,145
hello!

I'm not sure if this exists, no specific budget - would be nice to keep it under $150 though... but, what I'm looking for is basically:
smaller shell, my ears don't really like the Toneking TO600 or Vido shells that I used to own.
something an inoffensive sound, no super spikes in the treble or upper midrange - would be nice to have decent staging though.
bass quality is more important than quantity, not a huge focus though.

for features - I'd like a cable that lasts, or replaceable cables, WITH a microphone! remote isn't super important but would be nice to have :)

good build quality would also be nice, but I've never had anything other than a cable fail on me, so not sure how it would be bad...

and I have the Apple USB-C adapter, so nothing tooo demanding in terms of power :)

thank you!

Jul 31, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #48,604 of 75,145
hello!

I'm not sure if this exists, no specific budget - would be nice to keep it under $150 though... but, what I'm looking for is basically:
smaller shell, my ears don't really like the Toneking TO600 or Vido shells that I used to own.
something an inoffensive sound, no super spikes in the treble or upper midrange - would be nice to have decent staging though.

for features - I'd like a cable that lasts, or replaceable cables, WITH a microphone! remote isn't super important but would be nice to have :)

good build quality would also be nice, but I've never had anything other than a cable fail on me, so not sure how it would be bad...

and I have the Apple USB-C adapter, so nothing tooo demanding in terms of power :)

thank you!
I would almost heartily recommend the isn Rambo II's but they might be a tad large for you. I believe the vido's are a mx500 shell? Can anyone confirm?

Aug 1, 2020 at 7:08 AM Post #48,606 of 75,145
I would almost heartily recommend the isn Rambo II's but they might be a tad large for you. I believe the vido's are a mx500 shell? Can anyone confirm?

Interesting, never heard of these before!

14mm driver... that's 1.4mm smaller than Vido and Toneking TO600.
if the shell is small enough, this could be a good choice!

MMCX cables means I can replace the cable with a microphone-enabled one? :)

Thank you very much for the recommendation, I'll read up on it!

Aug 1, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #48,607 of 75,145

Yes, vidos are mx500 shells.

Just recieved snow lotus and iris. Snow lotus sounds like tinny crap, and the iris sounds 85 % better with uneven sound. Waste of money. wont be buying anything from them again.

Any other suggestion in the $6 - $50 Range ?

And which version Iris was that?

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #48,609 of 75,145
hello!

thank you!

Since you are an Apple user, are you ok with the earpod design? There are a couple of earpod style earbuds with mmcx cables that might be of interest, **** PT25 and KP220. If you search this thread, you can find comments on the PT25 but not the KP220.

EDIT: It seems that the brand has been censored, if you do not know what brand I'm talking about, send me a PM

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2020 at 12:05 PM Post #48,610 of 75,145
Since you are an Apple user, are you ok with the earpod design? There are a couple of earpod style earbuds with mmcx cables that might be of interest, **** PT25 and KP220. If you search this thread, you can find comments on the PT25 but not the KP220.

EDIT: It seems that the brand has been censored, if you do not know what brand I'm talking about, send me a PM

I was able to find them through Google - strange that they would censor it... but, the Earpods fit rather well actually - I used to have an iPhone a few years ago when the earpods were new. Didn't even know there were clones of it, that's really cool. PT25 looks discontinued however, is the KP220 supposed to be an upgrade of the same type of sound? it looks very different and possibly uncomfortable but hard to tell without trying them - they just look like they stick out a lot, but could be fine of course, would have to try them :D

Very interesting, I'll have to read up on these as well, thank you for letting me know about them!

BTW, I use an Android phone, but the Apple USB-C adapter works with my phone (a Sony without headphone jack) and I thought it sounded good + it has microphone support, so that's why I got it.

Aug 2, 2020 at 6:31 AM Post #48,613 of 75,145
Been listening to the monk 120 ohm tonight, I really like the sound quality from these earbuds - very headphone like, punches way above their weight.

What do you guys consider to be the best earbuds in the <$21 range?

Aug 2, 2020 at 6:37 AM Post #48,614 of 75,145
Been listening to the monk 120 ohm tonight, I really like the sound quality from these earbuds - very headphone like, punches way above their weight.

BK2 (can be $21 during Aliexpress sales), RY4S 300 ohm, Faaeal Datura Pro (also can be $21 during sales).

Aug 2, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #48,615 of 75,145

That Monk Lite 120ohm is a gem, imho (except for the cable which is meh). For other buds around $21, my vote goes to the BK2. Some have sung high praise for the ME80 as well and that's even cheaper but I haven't heard it yet so can't confirm. Currently I've fallen back in love with the Kube v2 (sells for ~USD5 where I am).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back