Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 27, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #46,141 of 75,143
I have the Ting and I have the Toneking 150 ohm which is listed as TO180 by many sellers. A bit confusing. I bought mine from NiceHCK for $40. I love both of them but the form factor is a bit difficult for me to fit because of the thickness. So even though the Monk shells are wider they fit me more easily. Diameter is not the whole story.

Haha you quoted me just before I edited to TO180, confusing indeed.

I do apreciate the monk form factor too. If I had to wear an earbud while I'm moving, that'd be it, sits much more securely, and thus also makes a better seal without having to fumble. But globally I prefer the premium look and feel of metal.

Nov 27, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #46,142 of 75,143
Managed to sell some old expensive vaping stuff to have some money for friday, as I can't get enough of the toneking sound atm and greatly apreciate the differences between TO200 and TO400s and think they're both excellent, I'm considering growing the collection with the MrZ Tomahawk, MrZ Ting and TO180. The Ting being the most debatable at 56€ (the TO600 I got for 48€ on 11.11...)

In other news, the hiegi foams came home quickly, as usual with Penon, and yes the full foams are truely worth it on EBX and Shiro-Yuki, tamed the mids just what was needed to make them so much better for me. Their donuts sit on my tonekings, and while it's not night and day with the trig rains they're more dense and help with seal.

Have u recieved your TO600? I'm looking forward to your reviews/impressions on it. Not many reviews on the TO600 on the net, but if there's one toneking bud to get, that is on my wishlist.

I heard Toneking released a IEM version of the Tomahawk, same drivers as the earbud but Archdawg says the tuning of the IEM version is not as good as the earbud version.

Nov 27, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #46,143 of 75,143
Have u recieved your TO600? I'm looking forward to your reviews/impressions on it. Not many reviews on the TO600 on the net, but if there's one toneking bud to get, that is on my wishlist.

I heard Toneking released a IEM version of the Tomahawk, same drivers as the earbud but Archdawg says the tuning of the IEM version is not as good as the earbud version.

Not yet unfortunately, it's departing UK now so won't be in France before next week.

Yeah I've heard so good things about the TO600 it might be wiser to hold on further purchases until I receive it (and the yincrow rw-1000 also).

I'll make you know about them, have not forgotten to make an additional reply to your PM once I have received everything.

Nov 27, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #46,144 of 75,143
Nov 27, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #46,145 of 75,143
I received an awesome gift from my husband a couple of days ago:)

10388891.jpg
What a gift, wonderful :)

Nov 27, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #46,146 of 75,143
I received an awesome gift from my husband a couple of days ago:)

10388891.jpg
Nice! I know there is a difference and I'm not asking you to compare them but I'm curious as to the quality difference between a TOTL bud and something like the EA bud. The EA bud seemed like such a big leap compared to most stuff I own that I decided to not buy as many buds. Not saying that I'm done but Wild Lee himself convinced me to not buy the Sun DICE and get myself a pair of full size headphones. Would something like this convince me to jump back in?

Nov 27, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #46,148 of 75,143
Hey guys back with another request.
I loved the nicehck b40's you guys recommended. I also love the apple earpods and fiio em3... If you guys know where I'm getting at. Well, I'm looking for a pair of earbuds that sound good without foam covers. I will be buying a pair for myself and another for a friend who suffers from insomnia and listens to asmr in bed that helps him sleep.
that's a difficult one...

There's a lot of things to consider:
Budget?, Comfort size restrictions (will mx500 shell be too big for comfortable sleeping buds?), tuning would have to be dark/warm to compensate for the lack of foams used.

From personal experience, small comfortable shell + soft good quality(non itchy) full foams beats foamless for sleeping. It softens the plastic contact on your ear that would create hotspots after a short while.

There are some reall nice quality velvety feeling foams out there to use and shell wise I'd opt for pk or monk lite/Qian type shells as they are the most comfortable IMO.

If it was me I'd be using pk type earbud mmcx modded to accept a bluetooth cable and using the softest full foams. That would give you a really great sleeping bud experience provided you are streaming from a smartphone which I assume will be the case for your friend if you are on youtube/spotify or whatever. But even a wired pk earbud with soft full foams is great as a sleeping bud. You really dont gain much at all going foamless as the pressure from plastic on your inner ear is much more felt this way.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 10:14 PM Post #46,149 of 75,143
been bouncing between so many buds lately like the FAAEAL Datura Pro, Willsound MK32 black 8 core, Sony 755 mmcx, Willsound MK2 mmcx and my new VE DICE zenll and sun.
But one set that keeps amazing me and I keep coming back to is this silver bodied FENGRU Tingo TC200 32ohm.
I don't know how I found out about these but I'm sure it was from someone on this thread
Anyway they hold their own and have a bigger/wider and brighter presentation than the Moondrop Shiroyuki, the Sony 755 and Willsound MK2

Anyone else try these buds?
Are my ears deceiving me?

budz-11-19-2.jpg

Nov 28, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #46,151 of 75,143
been bouncing between so many buds lately like the FAAEAL Datura Pro, Willsound MK32 black 8 core, Sony 755 mmcx, Willsound MK2 mmcx and my new VE DICE zenll and sun.
But one set that keeps amazing me and I keep coming back to is this silver bodied FENGRU Tingo TC200 32ohm.
I don't know how I found out about these but I'm sure it was from someone on this thread
Anyway they hold their own and have a bigger/wider and brighter presentation than the Moondrop Shiroyuki, the Sony 755 and Willsound MK2

Anyone else try these buds?
Are my ears deceiving me?

I'm sure @wilbur's hype got you hooked on them (like he did to me, also with the sr2's and b40's).

Anyway, the silvers are my sleepytime buds. I listen to them every night, so I suppose I agree with your positive assessment :)

Nov 28, 2019 at 2:09 AM Post #46,152 of 75,143
Nov 28, 2019 at 5:47 AM Post #46,154 of 75,143
First impressions of Moondrop Nameless : a better shiro-yuki, mid-centric too but with better mids, very natural and not slightly grainy like the shiro, much better bass extension with actual sub-bass, and more clarity in treble.

Probably a rare encounter, almost flat sig around 20€? It's cool for vocals, but I wouldn't get this one only, unless one is allergic to bass lol. It's enough to keep the vocal songs going without distracting attention from the mids, but for other genres it's a bit too recessed for me. I actually prefer u-shape for all-rounders, than slightly bumped mids like the nameless. (to be a bit more clear, it's not that the nameless really lacks bass in the absolute, it's that it's overshadowed by the mids)

Overall : good (to great for the price) but reserved to mids lovers, or as an addition to different buds imo.

As usual with Moondrop I'm delected by the packaging (seriously, for 20€, what the hell, this is totally premium) and disapointed to find a soft, and too small, carry pouch, I'd rather have it the other way around.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #46,155 of 75,143
@mbwilson111 You meant ...a gift from my AWESOME husband a couple of days ago. Right? :ksc75smile:

Absolutely! Thank you to my AWESOME husband for this awesome bud.

I'm sure @wilbur's hype got you hooked on them (like he did to me, also with the sr2's and b40's).

Anyway, the silvers are my sleepytime buds. I listen to them every night, so I suppose I agree with your positive assessment :)

Seems there is more than one wilbur/willber. @Willber is our bud guy. Where are you Willber?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back