1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. seanc6441
    Uploading as 'thumbnail' usually helps. Of course if you are trying to show off some nice pics you'd want to upload full size.

ValSilva and darmanastartes like this.
  2. CriminalCrimson
    Hi all. I need recomendations for classic earbuds with the following:

1.- Mic and volume control
    2.- Chi-Fi
    3.- Better than VE Monk, Headroom MS16 (my current earbuds)
    4.- No foams or wireless, only classic earbuds
    5,. around 20 and 50$
    6.- Brand doesnt matter.

Thank you!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  3. seanc6441
    Why no foams? Personal choice or a fit/comfort issue?

No foams narrows down the choices of buds to non fatiguing bassy earbuds because most earbuds are designed to be used with foams of some kind for the right tonal balance.

groucho69 likes this.
  4. palestofwhite
    The sort of only earbuds I know that are supposedly created to be worn without foams are the VE Zen 2.0 which are way above your budget.

I've had a few pairs of them in the past, but foams are a must for earbuds to stay in my ears, hence I used with them.

groucho69 and Infoseeker like this.
  5. Infoseeker
    Anyone use a silicone ring for fit? Those work?

Also the Faael Datura Pro preorder someone linked order seems to be for foamless. Or they just want to show off the casing? I'm guessing it is just the pictures don't show the foams on purpose?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  6. mbwilson111
    Exactly. They want to show off the casing. I have never seen buds on product pages showing the foams but they always include foams in the package. Some sellers even install them on the bud before sending. I love when they do that... saves me time.

One reason I take photos with the foams on is because I always take my photos after I have listened to them. If you knew how long it takes me to get the foams on, then you would understand why I don't take them off for the photo.

With foams, almost all buds sound better and fit better.

I have tried the rings when they are included with some buds but those always ruin the sound for me.

groucho69 likes this.
  7. seanc6441
    "I’m looking to add a pair of earbuds to my collection, and wanted a more high end option (looking to spend around $300). I mainly listen to hiphop, rock and electronic so I want something that offers a natural yet visceral sound signature with deeper than average bass (I know it won’t go as deep as iems due to the nature of the design) any suggestions would be greatly appreciated"

This was commented to me elsewhere but I thought asking here would be best. Any suggestions?

@ClieOS any of the new TOTL arrivals fit that description?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  8. JPardo
    Hello! I am new but I have been following this thread for some time. First of all, I want to thank you for all your opinions, advice and evidence. After much reading, one ends up learning a lot about sound and earbuds. I currently have Fengru DIY EMX500, DIY SR2 16ohms, Nicehck B40 and Willsound MK2 VJC.

I would like to know what you think about the 1more e1008. It isn't a very commented earbud and there aren't many analyzes or opinions about it. From what I've read, in its price range when it was launched it was not the best option but now for about 30/40€ it could be an interesting option. Someone who has them could give me an opinion of them, especially considering the earbuds that I already own.

I’m also following the new smabat M1 pro and BGVP DX5 smabat. I look forward to more reviews and comparisons.

nick n likes this.
  9. mbwilson111
    I have the IMORE E1008. All I can say right now is that it is excellent. Give me a couple of days and I will get back to you. I will say it is a bit large and I had to put foams on top of the silicone covers... otherwise the foams slide around.... and I do need foams for fit and comfort.

JPardo likes this.
  10. cqtek
    ValSilva, JPardo, KevDzn and 6 others like this.
  11. CriminalCrimson
    Hmm i dont use foams, those headphones will be only for use at office work, so i dont need any noise cancelling.
    Yes, Zen 2.0 seems great but is expensive, any other options? For work right now im using Headroom MS16

12. RobinFood
    Foams don't cancel any sound coming in if that is what you are concerned about, they mostly allow the earbud to fit in your ear in the right way.

I use my headroom MS16 with foam too, they have a joke in the back and you can hear everything going on in the real world. Same for most other earbuds with foam.

13. CriminalCrimson
    Well i typed bad, i mean, i dont use this on my headphones:

[​IMG]

14. mbwilson111
    Those have nothing to do with earbuds. Those are for IEMs

15. RobinFood
    images.jpeg
    When talking about earbuds foam people are talking about the little sponge pancake we use as socks for our earbuds. Here is an example...

mbwilson111 likes this.