Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 3, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #44,417 of 75,146
As resident n00b, I'm unfamiliar with this luckybag business... do those buds usually become more widely available at a higher price later on, or will they just disappear after this run?

If it's bright and forward, I'm willing to try it at $7.99, but more as a sampler to buy more pairs later if they're good.

Sep 3, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #44,418 of 75,146
I find them quite balanced overall with a decent low end. More bass than I expected. I made a 32 ohm PK earbud that has plenty bass too

Sep 3, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #44,420 of 75,146
As resident n00b, I'm unfamiliar with this luckybag business... do those buds usually become more widely available at a higher price later on, or will they just disappear after this run?

If it's bright and forward, I'm willing to try it at $7.99, but more as a sampler to buy more pairs later if they're good.

Usually those lucky bag buds become more widely available at a higher price later on.

Sep 3, 2019 at 11:18 PM Post #44,423 of 75,146
lucky bag has arrived safely! phew... not gonna spoil it for anybody with pics
gotta say that the quality of the included foams are quite suspect... the long term customers of this thread prolly have other foams, but would be good if the included foams were decent enough for newbies to get started

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #44,424 of 75,146
gotta say that the quality of the included foams are quite suspect... the long term customers of this thread prolly have other foams, but would be good if the included foams were decent enough for newbies to get started

You will probably end up with various foams because some will work better on a particular model than others will for your tastes and ears. It is unlikely that one foam will always be the one you like best on all of your buds.

Sep 4, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #44,426 of 75,146

I am patiently waiting for my lucky bag today. No sign of the postman who normally would have been here two or three hours ago. I think we have had substitute mailmen for a couple of weeks now... I hope our regular guy has not quit or retired. He was great. He would alway put things inside the outer door and sometimes even sign for us. He also knew not to ring the doorbell if we might still be sleeping after a night shift. I don't want to have to train another one.

As for the foams.. .I have seen them because my husband's lucky bag arrived yesterday. They seem fine to me. You always have to gently stretch these things. Takes me 20 minutes to put one on. Takes him 2... lol.

Sep 4, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #44,427 of 75,146
Stock foams work well for me

I was typing my reply and did not see you had answered already:) I just found them on your desk and I think they feel nice. I might have to wait until you get home to put mine on... if the bud even gets here today. Too bad I accidentally left my lucky bag in my cart for 12 hours before realizing I had forgotten to check out. Ours might have been on the same plane if I had bought them when I thought I did. I think I was too busy researching other sale items.

Sep 4, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #44,429 of 75,146
I was typing my reply and did not see you had answered already:) I just found them on your desk and I think they feel nice. I might have to wait until you get home to put mine on... if the bud even gets here today. Too bad I accidentally left my lucky bag in my cart for 12 hours before realizing I had forgotten to check out. Ours might have been on the same plane if I had bought them when I thought I did. I think I was too busy researching other sale items.

I'm think I belong to those who wanted to know what the earbuds were like before ordering them, hence taking away the "surprise" from this lucky bag drop. The moment I could confirm they were PK shells, I ordered them last night and now the wait begins.

On the bright side, my repaired B.K was ready and shipped together with my new Cygnus and Hiegi foam order. The B.Ks were actually the culprit for me to rekindle my interest in PK type earbuds again... :D

Sep 4, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #44,430 of 75,146
how does this compared to me80 and ry4s mmcx ?
l will say I have the ry4s plus and would prefer them first over the other two but ymmv

Users who are viewing this thread

Back