Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 20, 2019 at 12:45 AM Post #43,684 of 74,610
Speaking of MMCX: are there any decent bluetooth receivers with that interface you could use to make wireless buds that, unlike anything I've seen in stores, are actually listenable?

If you don't mind the physical format, the Radsone ES100 is a very good BT Receiver / Amp, with both Single-Ended and Balanced outputs.
Just add an appropriate length MMCX cable, and you'll have a great sounding setup.

Jul 20, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #43,685 of 74,610
If you don't mind the physical format, the Radsone ES100 is a very good BT Receiver / Amp, with both Single-Ended and Balanced outputs.
Just add an appropriate length MMCX cable, and you'll have a great sounding setup.

^ truth!

Jul 20, 2019 at 1:25 AM Post #43,686 of 74,610
Speaking of MMCX: are there any decent bluetooth receivers with that interface you could use to make wireless buds that, unlike anything I've seen in stores, are actually listenable?

The only receivers which I am aware of that have their own mmcx connectors would be FiiO's RC-BT cable, and then the BT1 and BT2 cables from Shure

Jul 20, 2019 at 3:17 AM Post #43,688 of 74,610
Is simphonio D3 worth it if you already own the D2+?

I only found one english review here that describes the earphone in similar ways of D2+
I asked Penon why is he not selling it, he told me he thinks it's "too expensive"
Being a big fan of D2+, after nearly a year I am still impressed by this earphone, was wondering... but maybe I should wait for D3+ or D4

Jul 20, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #43,690 of 74,610
Nearly a month has past and I am very happy with my Siamese made Kryptonites (original post link here)... they are extremely comfortable to wear; their cables are ever so slightly microphonic but not enough to annoy me; they offer a non-fatiguing signature (I am treble and sibilant sensitive); and their bass is quite prominent due to their interesting port holes. All in all quite pleased with em.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #43,691 of 74,610
Nearly a month has past and I am very happy with my Siamese made Kryptonites (original post link here)... they are extremely comfortable to wear; their cables are ever so slightly microphonic but not enough to annoy me); they offer a non-fatiguing signature (I am treble and sibilant sensitive); and their bass is quite prominent due to their interesting port holes. All in all quite pleased with em.

How would you rate them on imaging, soundstage, and realism of instruments?

Jul 20, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #43,692 of 74,610
How would you rate them on imaging, soundstage, and realism of instruments?
Unfortunately, I have way too much work related hearing damage to comfortably offer any such specific details on their sound signature but with that said I am truly quite amazed at how much earbuds in general have come in the recent years to sounding more like open back headphones especially when playing classical pieces. Details wise my Blurs are probably better (larger drivers and shells) but their not as comfortable to wear nor can I wear them all day long like these Kryptonites.

Jul 20, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #43,695 of 74,610
Been away from here since late 2017 and been quietly reading away the last few days in catch-up mode.

Has reminded me of the perils of this place..now have the following on order from Ali...

Fengru Silver
Moondrop ShiroYuki
DIY PK2
DIY SR2
Yincrow RW-9
Faeeal Snow Lotus 1.0+ comm.

Now the wait begins :-D

(Plus replacement spare Monk and Vido having given some away over time, and some Vido red just cos).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back