Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 26, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #43,142 of 74,611
Earbud - Linsoul DTM A8 MMCX

Cable - Tripowin C8 Silver Copper Foil Mixed Braided 2.5mm Balanced

Got a chance to try out these review units and take a few photos.

The Yuin type style shells of the Linsoul DTM A8 are very unassuming at first glance. Though they are nicely put together with the MMCX connector.

The Tripowin C8 Silver Copper Foil Mixed Braided 2.5mm Balanced Cable is a thing of beauty. I did my best to take as good as possible pictures, but even that does not do these justice. They come in many types of terminals, for different connections. When in use, they bring a whiff of warmth to the overall sound signature. I do wish these had the straight connection and not over the ear, as for use with the PK1 shell, it does not work as well than it would with something like the Svara - L / SMABAT ST-10 earbud which have the MMCX connection on top.

When these two meet, they come together to produce a extremely smooth and vocally biased sound. Bass is present, but limited. Mids are forward and excel in delivery. Highs are rolled off a touch early, but with just enough detail left behind to round out the overall signature.

I will say on its own, the Linsoul DTM A8 is versatile on its signature depending on what MMCX cable used and what type of foam cover is worn. Personally, for me, I use the airy VE Foams (not shown), to let the optimal amount of sound pass through, while still providing good comfort.

Final thoughts are that maybe this pairing is not made in heaven, but the Linsoul DTM A8 Earbud does play nice with many types of cables and the Tripowin C8 Silver Copper Foil Mixed Braided 2.5mm Balanced Cable would be a wonderful pairing for Earbuds/Earphones that could use a touch of warmth.

P1100456.jpg

P1100443.jpg

P1100449.jpg

P1100454.jpg

P1100452.jpg

P1100458.jpg

P1100451.jpg

P1100455.jpg

--

you could peel away that ear guide tubing, so you can use it under ears

Jun 26, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #43,145 of 74,611
Jun 26, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #43,146 of 74,611
Which foams do I use if I wanna make my music sound more clear/forward sounding with an emphasis on the vocals? Earbuds I mainly use are the Qian39s, Edifier H180s, and DIY PK2 SR2 in 16 ohms.
In this order:

- Original VE thin foam (aka monk plus stock thin foam)
- Aliexpress thin foam.
- New VE thin foam.

If the earbud cover has opening in the middle you can try donut foams, but most earbuds have openings around the edge, so the thin foams would bring vocals forward as the mids/highs are less dampened.

Sadly the original monk thin foams are difficult to obtain now, as VE has moved to a newer (And lesser in my opinion) foam production type that's slightly thicker and sounds a bit off.

The original thins are almost acoustically transparent sounding, the aliexpress thin foams are about 90% transparent sounding, good for taming treble slightly but offer slightly less absolute clarity.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #43,147 of 74,611
Happy! Finally snagged the Sabia V6 mmcx's. Happy days :)

Jun 27, 2019 at 12:19 AM Post #43,148 of 74,611
Earbud - Linsoul DTM A8 MMCX

Cable - Tripowin C8 Silver Copper Foil Mixed Braided 2.5mm Balanced

Got a chance to try out these review units and take a few photos.

The Yuin type style shells of the Linsoul DTM A8 are very unassuming at first glance. Though they are nicely put together with the MMCX connector.

The Tripowin C8 Silver Copper Foil Mixed Braided 2.5mm Balanced Cable is a thing of beauty. I did my best to take as good as possible pictures, but even that does not do these justice. They come in many types of terminals, for different connections. When in use, they bring a whiff of warmth to the overall sound signature. I do wish these had the straight connection and not over the ear, as for use with the PK1 shell, it does not work as well than it would with something like the Svara - L / SMABAT ST-10 earbud which have the MMCX connection on top.

When these two meet, they come together to produce a extremely smooth and vocally biased sound. Bass is present, but limited. Mids are forward and excel in delivery. Highs are rolled off a touch early, but with just enough detail left behind to round out the overall signature.

I will say on its own, the Linsoul DTM A8 is versatile on its signature depending on what MMCX cable used and what type of foam cover is worn. Personally, for me, I use the airy VE Foams (not shown), to let the optimal amount of sound pass through, while still providing good comfort.

Final thoughts are that maybe this pairing is not made in heaven, but the Linsoul DTM A8 Earbud does play nice with many types of cables and the Tripowin C8 Silver Copper Foil Mixed Braided 2.5mm Balanced Cable would be a wonderful pairing for Earbuds/Earphones that could use a touch of warmth.

P1100456.jpg

P1100443.jpg

P1100449.jpg

P1100454.jpg

P1100452.jpg
nice! yuin type shell but driver is using metal grills

Jun 27, 2019 at 5:38 AM Post #43,150 of 74,611
Got a Auglamour RX-1 for office use.

Running it off a Cayin N6ii.

Pretty impressed - balanced is the word. The mids are especially sweet. Perfect for office use!

Jun 27, 2019 at 5:50 AM Post #43,151 of 74,611

I have promised not to divulge anything at this point, but I think it is safe to say none of you will regret getting this lucky bag deal.

can't wait for mine to arrive. but looks it won't arrive before my vacation, so sadly can't bring it along on the trip

got my me80, finally. a bit disappointed though. the bass is a little light for my liking (using stock grey foams). hopefully the bass will gets better after burn in. everything else is good, especially for the build quality
My ME80s from NICEHCK have too arrived! Comfortable, smaller than my MX500 shelled Blurs. Ever so slightly brighter than my Blurs and new Crystalcores. I am not finding the bass to be that light though (especially for a sub $10 ear bud) but that may be due to my using a headphone amp perhaps? The bass is there and actually quite detailed (again for a $10 ear bud)... the bass is just slightly softer in volume than my Blurs and definitely not as prominent (deep and impactful) as my new Kryptonites but that may be due to a much better seal/fit of course. Very well made ear buds as @cyh03176 has stated with an interesting cable which is light, soft, and rather supple.
IMG_20190627_141608.jpg

IMG_20190627_141531.jpg
IMG_20190627_141545.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #43,152 of 74,611
My ME80s from NICEHCK have too arrived! Comfortable, smaller than my MX500 shelled Blurs. Ever so slightly brighter than my Blurs and new Crystalcores. I am not finding the bass to be that light though (especially for a sub $10 ear bud) but that may be due to my using a headphone amp perhaps? The bass is there and actually quite detailed (again for a $10 ear bud)... the bass is just slightly softer in volume than my Blurs and definitely not as prominent (deep and impactful) as my new Kryptonites but that may be due to a much better seal/fit of course. Very well made ear buds as @cyh03176 has stated with an interesting cable which is light, soft, and rather supple.
IMG_20190627_141608.jpg

IMG_20190627_141531.jpg

IMG_20190627_141545.jpg
haha don't get me wrong, the bass is definitely there but.. not as engaging.. it just can't get me to stand up and dance to the my favourite tune (don't judge me!) i am driving it with bravo ocean.

just too bad really. only if it has a tad more low end and it will be the perfect earbuds for me. everything else is so nice!

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019 at 6:55 AM Post #43,153 of 74,611
haha don't get me wrong, the bass is definitely there but.. not as engaging.. it just can't get me to stand up and dance to the my favourite tune (don't judge me!) i am driving it with bravo ocean.

just too bad really. only if it has a tad more low end and it will be the perfect earbuds for me. everything else is so nice!

I wonder if I am somehow getting a better fit even thought it is almost too big for me... just almost. I too am using the stock grey foams.

The first thing I noticed was how great the bass is. I think this one will have very divided opinions depending on the fit.

edit:
@cyh03176 If yours is slightly loose you could try a donut over the foam. I would not have room in MY ear to do that.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #43,154 of 74,611
I wonder if I am somehow getting a better fit even thought it is almost too big for me... just almost. I too am using the stock grey foams.

The first thing I noticed was how great the bass is. I think this one will have very divided opinions depending on the fit.

edit:
@cyh03176 If yours is slightly loose you could try a donut over the foam. I would not have room in MY ear to do that.
it might be the fit, but i can shake my head no problem, i also tried different position. still the same. i wonder if you have access to tingo tg-38s or the fengru silver, that's what i consider as enough bass and me80 is having lesser bass than that. me80 bass is punchy but not enough body for me.

Jun 27, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #43,155 of 74,611
The Fengru Silver is tuned to the low end so bass is plentiful but obscures the mids a bit because of it, the ME80 is more balanced overall with a larger soundstage. it has enough bass for me and I prefer the overall sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back