Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 29, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #41,881 of 75,118
Well I have just had an evening of comparing Svara-L and Smabat ST-10. First conclusion is if you already have Svara-L you do not need the Smabat ST-10. The Smabat is an improved Svara-L, just sounds a bit smoother, less lively. As a Svara-L lover I would not want the Smabat but if I didn't already possess the Svara-L the Smabat would be a nice purchase though.

check. (relieved and closes wallet)

Apr 29, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #41,883 of 75,118
Well I have just had an evening of comparing Svara-L and Smabat ST-10. First conclusion is if you already have Svara-L you do not need the Smabat ST-10. The Smabat is an improved Svara-L, just sounds a bit smoother, less lively. As a Svara-L lover I would not want the Smabat. But if I didn't already possess the Svara-L the Smabat would be a nice purchase though.
I'm so happy to hear this. I already have svara-l. In the anniversary sale, I chose the k600 instead of the smabat.

Apr 29, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #41,884 of 75,118
:)

The way I am reading that is if you have neither and can fit it in your budget, pick the Smabat.

yup, luckily i have the svara L, although this couple of pages talking about the smabat really tempted me to break my "stop buying earbuds, man, you had enough!" promise i made to myself :dt880smile:

seeing it as a refinement of the Svara, I'm certain the Smabat is a good sounding earbud.
but i bet it doesn't have the "bass bloom" of the Svara L that makes it special sounding for me

(this is just some rough rationalization i made to stop me from buying another earbud :laughing:

Apr 30, 2019 at 12:04 AM Post #41,886 of 75,118
Well I have just had an evening of comparing Svara-L and Smabat ST-10. First conclusion is if you already have Svara-L you do not need the Smabat ST-10. The Smabat is an improved Svara-L, just sounds a bit smoother, less lively. As a Svara-L lover I would not want the Smabat. But if I didn't already possess the Svara-L the Smabat would be a nice purchase though.

tumblr_n2aqciHG0H1qaho1po7_250.gif

check. (relieved and closes wallet)

Amen! :)

Apr 30, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #41,887 of 75,118
yup, luckily i have the svara L, although this couple of pages talking about the smabat really tempted me to break my "stop buying earbuds, man, you had enough!" promise i made to myself :dt880smile:

seeing it as a refinement of the Svara, I'm certain the Smabat is a good sounding earbud.
but i bet it doesn't have the "bass bloom" of the Svara L that makes it special sounding for me

(this is just some rough rationalization i made to stop me from buying another earbud :laughing:

Sorry to step on your rationalization, but you don't have the 32ohm version of the Svara L, do you? I think that's the version that HungryPanda is comparing the Smabat to.

So maybe you do need the Smabat??? :smiling_imp:

Apr 30, 2019 at 12:22 AM Post #41,888 of 75,118

Smoother across all frequencies or is it focused somewhere (IE: bass/mids/treble)? Is it uneven in some manner or maybe just more grainy?

Sorry to step on your rationalization, but you don't have the 32ohm version of the Svara L, do you? I think that's the version that HungryPanda is comparing the Smabat to.

Hahaha. Instigator.

... did you order your pair yet?

Anyways, the bass on the ST-10 is interesting. Perhaps IEM like? I'm not sure how to describe it. I'm guessing the Svara's are similar.

Apr 30, 2019 at 1:11 AM Post #41,889 of 75,118

i most definitely don't need it....

want it? heck yea :dt880smile::dt880smile:

Apr 30, 2019 at 2:29 AM Post #41,890 of 75,118
It is not what we need that defines us as Head-fier. :grin:

Apr 30, 2019 at 3:20 AM Post #41,891 of 75,118
I'm surprised to see that the Svara-L has better bass than ST-10. I'm not aware but does the Svara-L integrate a Transmission Line system in its shells too?
I feel like there is a massive boost of bass at around 50Hz on my ST-10 (which I like), feeling like a big subwoofer (plz no joke on my nickname, lol). Extremely deep rumble for an earbud, I'm still much amazed!
Also, I don't feel any kind of mid-bass bump (unlike we can easily recognize on Willsound MK2).

Apr 30, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #41,892 of 75,118
I'm surprised to see that the Svara-L has better bass than ST-10. I'm not aware but does the Svara-L integrate a Transmission Line system in its shells too?
I feel like there is a massive boost of bass at around 50Hz on my ST-10 (which I like), feeling like a big subwoofer (plz no joke on my nickname, lol). Extremely deep rumble for an earbud, I'm still much amazed!
Also, I don't feel any kind of mid-bass bump (unlike we can easily recognize on Willsound MK2).

better might not be the right term. mind you i haven't heard the Smabat so i could only comment on the Svara L (115ohm version)

i suspect the Smabat has a more refined bass than the Svara L(others who have both could give better impressions on this. Svara L, well at least my old version, has a loose and bloomy warm bass. technically it might be called sloppy, but it is really addictive, and i like it very much

Apr 30, 2019 at 6:07 AM Post #41,893 of 75,118
Apr 30, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #41,894 of 75,118
So, its be confirm that there were problem with SMABAT ST-10 with the very first batch and now everything is solved and none of the more than 300 buyers have issue.

Thats a relief cause these are great earbuds.

Now I wait for my replacement pair.

Until then I learn to enjoy the BK2, wich aren't bad at all....perhaps its burn in. Only the mmxc cable that do not clip make me worry about durability.

Apr 30, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #41,895 of 75,118
better might not be the right term. mind you i haven't heard the Smabat so i could only comment on the Svara L (115ohm version)

i suspect the Smabat has a more refined bass than the Svara L(others who have both could give better impressions on this. Svara L, well at least my old version, has a loose and bloomy warm bass. technically it might be called sloppy, but it is really addictive, and i like it very much

It's the bolded part of your comment that gives me the strong impression that the 115ohm is a very different beast than the 32ohm version - the 32ohm version's bass goes deep, but is very well controlled imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back