1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. Chris674
    Not sure about the balanced difference but there are vast differences between models. I thought that Rosemary and Narcissus were just higher ohm versions of the SL. Nope they are different. Rosemary is a lot more warm sounding (bass emphasis) than the SL. From what I read of Narcissus, it's way different also. I've got SL 1.0 (and 1.0+) and Rosemary and looking forward to Narcissus in the next month or so. May even buy those first batch FAAEAL's .Great brand.

viatraco and HungryPanda like this.
  2. MelodyMood
  3. Willber
    It's official - the Kube v1 is now my favourite of all my earphones. I prefer them even to my AKG 702 which cost 25x as much. There is true greatness in these silly little orange 'toys'. I bow down to Mr Kube, whoever he is.
    (ymmv)

GREQ, drey101, Dabbaranks and 4 others like this.
  4. nick n
    ^ awesome !

Be really fun to locate some of the tiny KUBE MP3 players, as limited as they might be it would make for a perfectly authentic listening experience.

mbwilson111 and Willber like this.
  5. HungryPanda
    earbuds I love but had to put on my Denon AH-D7200's tonight just for the great Roger Hodgson

jibberish, nick n and Willber like this.
  6. Willber
    That's true. And of course the next question I need to ask is, are the Kube v2 even better? (I have a set sitting in my ebay shopping cart).

7. waynes world
    Out of those, I would go for the kube 1! :wink:

The 760's are okay, but I think you can do better. I am not familiar with the others.

You should get a Radsone ES100 bluetooth player so that you can get buds that don't have mics, because then you'd have so many awesome choices :)

8. Chris674
    Question is... How do we make them last forever?

9. Willber
    They look nice, but I've given up pursuing 'serious' headgear. I just get more pleasure from finding cheap gems.

HungryPanda, Chris674 and mbwilson111 like this.
  10. Willber
    So would I. No mic, though.

11. waynes world
    Hodgson is indeed great! And I bet those D7200's sound fantastic :)

12. mbwilson111
    So...maybe the Sabia V6 as that does have a mic. I have not heard it...my silver cable one is on its way but I do trust those who have recommended it.

13. nick n
    This is why I got "some" spares.
    With enough left to send out as a surprise for my old friend's entire family lol
    Which will be fun since they will likely laugh at them when they first see them ....and be totally unprepared for the dumbfounding listening session after they try them out lol.

Kube 2 are a bit warmer -anolog sounding , maybe more bulkier sound with a touch taken down off the top iirc. Still quite large sound though... Can't recall what i said earlier about them. Should be similar description.
    The signature takes a minute or two to for me adjust to, and assuming you use a shirt clip and toy with various foams can get quite crazy.
    However best to default to mbwilson and waynesworld ( and mochill if he pops in ) on that front.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    HungryPanda likes this.
  14. Willber
    Buy more, I suppose.

Having said that, along the way I have bought a few spares when I thought I'd found my ideal earphones. They include:

KZ ATE (x2)
    VE Monk+ (x3)
    TY HP32 (x3)
    Philips SHE3800 (x2)
    Sony E808+ (x3)
    AAW N1 (x2)
    UiiSii CM5 (x2)
    QKZ W1 Pro (x3)
    Koss KSC75 (x3)
    Vido (x3)
    Snow Lotus 1.0 (x2)

And each time I've found something better. I am an idiot. :frowning2:

nickv, rahmish, mbwilson111 and 3 others like this.
  15. waynes world
    Right! I was going there but got distracted.

@MelodyMood, the Sabia V6 has awesome bass. They are slighty V shaped, meaning that the highs are present (not harsh though), so you'd have to be okay with that. But I'd just get them if I were you.

Btw, I don't have the silver cable version, but I have it from a reliable source that they are more transparent, detailed and revealing, whereas the regular cable could be described as being "more analog" sounding.

nickv and nick n like this.