1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. Chris674
    The Kube is great! I'd buy that and be happy. It's certainly a unique sounding earbud. Someone in another forum
    asked about a comparison between that Vido and the FAAEAL Rosemary. After some listening between them I'd say that would be a nice upgrade. They have VERY similar signatures but the Rosemary is more refined in every way. Soundstage is not as wide but instrument separation is excellent and the grain in the Vidos mid-range and treble is no where to be found (even though that's one of the things I like about the Vido.) They are 150 ohm drivers though and they really need that power. If the source isn't up to it they become bloated in the lower mid-range with NO treble.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    fairx and nick n like this.
  2. nick n
  3. Chris674
    When I asked the seller about the Sabia a few weeks back he mentioned that this cable was a real special upgrade that really improved the sound. I did spend a couple of minutes thinking about the mmcx option but I think we all made the right choice.

HungryPanda and mbwilson111 like this.
  4. waynes world
    The $16 760 are fine (you will hear various opinions), and the $29 version are great.

5. waynes world
    Why didn't you tell me this before they were sold out lol!

HungryPanda and Chris674 like this.
  6. Chris674
    He also told me that he only had a few (I think he said six) and that some he was going to mod with the cable and some mmcx. I stalked his listening multiple times a day waiting for them. I figured I'd wait until I secured my own set. Lol.

HungryPanda, nick n and mbwilson111 like this.
  7. nick n
    Whichever new cabled one you get, there was some feedback and testing with the local group/community there so it's a safe bet either way.
    I always treat connectors with Caig DeOxit D5 anyhow ( even available in small cheaper "wipes" pad form if someone wants to try it out, but the stuff is invaluable) and unless one goes crazy swapping out all the time likely not an issue.

8. MelodyMood
    760 is better than MX500 from NICEHCK in sound quality? Thumping Bass and Smooth sound?

9. mbwilson111
    I don't know why those say 760 in the description. Those are not mx760 shells. They are Beyerdynamic DP100 shells..with grahene drivers inside of course.

HungryPanda likes this.
  10. Willber
  11. waynes world
  12. Carrow
    I have an LG V20 so that'll trip the high impedance mode for sure. Has had no trouble with 150ohm buds in the past. Might get that and @seanc6441's recommendation, I'd like to try both but maybe the Rosemary can give a bit more oomph! Thanks!

13. mbwilson111
    The Rosemary is very good. All of my Faaeals are. Actually most of my buds are. Tonight I am enjoying the Sony MH300 that my husband @HungryPanda recabled for me.

14. MelodyMood
  15. viatraco
    Is it significally upgrade from SL+ commemorative to SL 64ohm balanced 2,5 using Radsone ES100?
    Maybe Rosemary will be better choice ?