1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. Willber
    nickv likes this.
  2. snip3r77
    It’s about a month already . I’m still recvering from my infection. It’s tapering though. Ringing still there. I didn’t want to think too much about it, I heard just let it be and less stress will help in recovering. How is your condition now? Still the same ?

3. acroyear
    I'm waiting for my Toneking TO600 earbuds to arrive. I'm planning to use them with a balanced cable and a Cayin N5iiS. Anyone have experience with the To600's unamped? Will my combo work since they're 600 ohms?

4. mbwilson111
    Wow seems the Sabia Pearl with the fixed cable is sold out now. Ordered two last night... one for me and one for my husband. It was the only version with no mic which is what we both prefer. Now we wait....

5. HungryPanda
    subwoof3r and RobinFood like this.
  6. waynes world
    Too bad for you that the Yincrow RW9 doesn't have a mic, because otherwise it would have made you very happy (especially when they were $15).

mmcx version of the kubes? Very interesting!

Glad you snagged them!

I hate this place! :joy:

HungryPanda and mbwilson111 like this.
  7. Dabbaranks
    I got regular kube v2s! Didn’t mean to confuse!

8. seanc6441
    Btw guys I'll post about this in more detail in the coming weeks but anyone with the willsound mk2 and who is willing to open up the earbud, there is potential to tune the bass to ones liking. I found you can get a more linear and cleaner bass response with a very simple mod. Which involves placing tuning foam in the middle driver bass port (the mk2 driver is awesome as it has a central bass port so the membrane central dome is ported, this seems common amoung headphones to tune bass but not amoung earbuds).

Simply applying a small amount of earbud sponge into this port tightens the bass notably in the mid bass region, but keeps the sub bass extension.

Once I work out the small nuances I'll post more about it. Needless to say it's some of the most impressive bass I've heard in earbuds with this mod, 100% bass head levels but still quality and well textured.

As I understand it, the idea is to balance the acoustic impedance between the outer membrane ports and the central membrane port, for optimal driver performance, so you may find yourself changing the venting on the outer ports too. Although admittedly it's probably impossible to balance the airflow by ear and probably requires sound engineers with accurate measuring tools to achieve the optimal result. It doesn't mean you cannot experiment though!
    I'll say it's improving slowly too. Ringing aside, my hearing has returned fully, the sensitivity to everyday sounds has reduced drastically so I'm not being hurt just listening to people speak! My other symptoms are slowly clearing up too, pressure-popping is reduced.

Other than the actual ringing, which I'm finding a little easier to deal with by the day, I feel better than just a few days ago.

So it's positive news overall, more time should help both of us.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  9. waynes world
    Throw on your favorite buds! I saw Brandi Carlile's performance of "The Joke" on the Grammy's, and was suitably blown away. If you can find that video, watch it.

Here's a different video of her doing the same song.

Edit: this performance is closer to the Grammy performance:

Also, H.E.R.'s peformance of "Hard Place" was pretty impressive as well:
    https://www.grammy.com/grammys/videos/her-hard-place-2019-grammys-performance

I hadn't heard of either artist before, but I have now! :)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    jibberish, HungryPanda and Dabbaranks like this.
  10. Dabbaranks

H.E.R. Is amazinggg she also has a tiny desk concert with NPR

Highly recommend dvsn’s tiny desk concert too

HungryPanda and waynes world like this.
  11. Carrow
    Got some money to throw around and I'm looking for a dark-sounding earbud with a Vido-esque signature now I don't have anything comparable in my earbud stable. Limit would be $50 but I'm sure I can get an impactful, dark-trending bud with plenty of bass for less than that. All recs welcome!

12. seanc6441
    Kube bud with full foam, warm bassy, smooth and slightly dark. Of course if you use thin foams its not dark and very balanced.

I find it better than the vido overall. Smoother and better balance in the vocals.

waynes world and Willber like this.
  13. Willber
    I agree with that. Larger soundstage as well.

14. MelodyMood
    Yeah. Monk+ s not that goof actually. May be over hyped because of price. Bud with MMCX cable are way to expensive for me. Cannot afford them and then on top of that buy separate cable with mic which will be another $10 extra.

15. MelodyMood
    Yeah. RW9 should have Mic but it has not so no use for me :frowning2: Any idea about NICEHCK 760 or MX500 series? Any idea about sound signature?