1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. Willber
    Duplicate post deleted

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  2. MelodyMood
    Any TY Hi-Z series earbud which is having high impedence, bassy anbd warm and with Mic too. And not too expensive :D

3. nick n
    Regular cable Sabia EX 6 ( V6 ) says it has a mic.
    "STANDARD = Usual V6 with mic."

Yep just checked mine does.

if you are after high impedance maybe grab some of the impedance adapters of various values which you can remove later if it sounds no good for a particular bud, and also use for other things.

It says"USUAL" in the description, but there's nothing usual about the sound :p

waynes world likes this.
  4. Willber
    Most buds with mics are for use with mobile phones so are unlikely to have high impedance.

I'm not sure what you mean about "different versions of Monk+". Do you have links to some examples?

5. MelodyMood
    Is VE Monk+, Hengrui Monk+ or Ollivian Monk+ all are different or what? Any idea?

6. MelodyMood
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ven...8e-4524-aa17-03169443caab&transAbTest=ae803_5

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MON...8e-4524-aa17-03169443caab&transAbTest=ae803_5

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ven...57-4fd5-8061-c7e94031e25b&transAbTest=ae803_5

Like these I was talking about. If you type Monk Plus in AE, you will see many Monk+ earbuds. I wanetd to know if they all are same or different but same name because Monk+ were popular at one time?

7. Willber
    I see what you mean now. They all look genuine from the pictures so I presume they are sold under licence. AFAIK they are only made by VE.

8. CasstardPie
    @MelodyMood Only Venture Electronics manufactures the Monk+. The other "versions" like the Ollivan one are just store branding for the product resellers. Do be warned though, VE will not honour warranty if you buy products from unauthorised resellers, and the only authorised seller on Aliexpress is the VE official store.

There are official versions of the Monk+, such as the Monk+ SPC, the Massdrop exclusives, Bloody Orange etc, but with the exception of the SPC are usually limited runs

Additionally if you want a Monk+ with a mic, you may purchase one from the official store

9. MelodyMood
    Ok. I actually bought Monk+ with Mic some time ago but it did not have Bass at all and very flat sound and also it broke down in 2 months only. That's why I was wondering if other brands are having better quality or not?

10. palestofwhite
    As mentioned by others, models with mic usually have lower impedance for them to work better with mobile devices. And I don't think adding an impedance adapter will be an option as it'll take away the mic function. The highest impedance earbud with mic I have are the Monk Plus at 64ohms. If you're still not satisfied with its bass, then I recommend a pair of Willsound MK2 with MMCX connector and get a cheap MMCX cable with mic from AE. Those are lower impedance but the bass are great, and of course they will cost more.

I have not tried the Sabia V6, but the standard version has a mic too and looks pretty affordable. I'm actually tempted to get the MMCX version that is without mic.

11. seanc6441
    Yeah it was probably the infection for me also. Either way I'm probably going to adjust to it if it doesn't fade out soon. It was a bit easier today, although sleeping is still proving a challange.

Anyways, on the plus side I seem to have full hearing volume levels on both ears now, the left still seems a little sensitive and it's still a little pressurized but I'm sure once my health is back to normal and I have some time to adjust it'll be ok.

Thanks for sharing your story danneq! Means a lot that other people are doing ok despite the condition.

ValSilva likes this.
  12. seanc6441
    Sorry about that buddy, hope all goes well in the long run!

So how long ago was this and how is it now?

13. seanc6441
    How are you holding up with it, do you learn to deal with it? Does you brain 'tune out' that sound until you focus on it?

For all our sake I hope it gets easier with time and good mental management.

For the future I hope scientists find a solution! I can only imagine how many musicians, soldiers, construction workers etc must experience it.

14. seanc6441
    By the way sorry for getting off topic all but I do think ear health is relevant talk when we do rely on it so much, i felt like if even just a few people read these posts and decide to protect their ears better, that would make it worthwhile!

I promise the earbuds chatter will commence again sometimes
    soon from myself :)

ValSilva likes this.
  15. seanc6441
    Earplugs are a must for these environments where you really cannot control the volume. Hope you lucked out and stay healthy, you can always look after your ears from now on to minimize the risk!