1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. palestofwhite
    How about the FAAEAL Snow Lotus 1.0+?

I've been pretty intrigued by it especially the commemorative edition, but already have too many earbuds under that price range...

You can also try the Kube V1 or V2 from an Indonesia seller on eBay.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    nick n likes this.
  2. snip3r77
    Sorry to hear that. I was downed with Sinus Infection and the tinnitus occured at the same time. I went to the ENT, hearing is normal. Dr prescribed anti histamine , antibiotics and nasal spray to clear my infection/blockage. hopefully it'd subside. For the past 2 months, i was only listening to lectures, not very much of music. Hopefully it will clear up too.

3. Danneq
    Know your pain, bro...

I've had tinnitus in my left ear for around 20 years. I had a nasty ear infection around 1997/1998 and one evening I got a "pop" sound in the left ear and soon a ringing sound started. It has not gone away but it is tolerable. My hearing is reduced on my left ear as well. I cannot hear crickets on that ear but can hear them on my right ear. About 1 month ago I got an ear infection on my right ear and was worried that the right ear would turn out the same as the left, but it has returned to normal.

I used to play in a metal band but always used ear plugs to protect my hearing. So I blame the ear infection.

I always keep the music relatively low. Not loud enough so that outside sounds are not heard.

Blueshound24 likes this.
  4. gazzington
    I'm enjoying zen l today with my fiio q5 for some black metal. Seem a nice match. Zens seem to like power

5. palestofwhite
    Yes they do, currently running it off a Mojo and it's really great.

6. j4100
    Hope you recover quickly Sean!

I occasionally get a short burst of a constant tone in my left ear, which is what I assume tinnitus sounds like. Only lasts for 5 seconds or so. I regularly go to gigs, but always wear earplugs (well, at least the last ten years) and never play music too loud through earphones.

One of my colleagues at work sometimes plays his music at lunchtime using cheap IEMs and I can hear exactly what he is listening to, it's that loud.

seanc6441 likes this.
  7. Redcarmoose
    Good work! Now we know!

8. mbwilson111
    That sounds like what I get sometimes. Left ear...maybe because that is the ear I use for the phone? Many long conversations over the years.

j4100 likes this.
  9. j4100
    Good question. Though I tend to use my phone on the right side rather than the left. Maybe it's a PA blast thing. Just because I have earplugs in, doesn't mean the music isn't already too loud. Gnod at the Rocket 20 festival last year, visceral stuff.

Edit to add earbud content. Currently enjoying some Tengger with my K64s.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    HungryPanda likes this.
  10. Sgt. Ear Ache
    years of attending rock concerts during the 80s and early 90s as well as playing in bands that rehearsed too loud and not wearing plugs has left me with significant tinnitus in probably both ears. it subsides at times and increases with tension but it's always there. A fairly loud high pitched constant sine wave. I'm pretty sure it will be my constant companion for the rest of my days...

11. subwoof3r
    Personally, I don't think I'm listening too loud generally, on my FiiO E10K DAC/AMP, when I'm listening to my EMX500's, gain switch to OFF, my volume knob is at 0.5 (max is 8).
    That is sad stories :frowning2:
    Best way is to not listen loud, this way we can perceive all micro details much more easily in our tracks.

seanc6441, ValSilva and Chris674 like this.
  12. Chris674
    I've always been concerned with ringing and the possibility of losing my hearing. Sitting in the middle of bands and orchestras for most of my life...I kind of expect it at some time. I have a fellow musician friend who has a loud ringing in both of his ears and they are terribly out of tune with each other. Seriously ruined his life and his career.

13. Willber
    I know that this is a serious subject and I feel sympathy for the sufferers, but isn't it taking the thread too far off topic?
    No offence intended and feel free to shout me down (not too loudly, though! :wink:).

Chris674 likes this.
  14. Chris674
    It's a relevant reminder to everyone that enjoys music so close to their ears. To bring it back to topic though...I recently got my first pair of Vidos and have been seriously enjoying them. Continuing my recabling adventure, I recabled my pair with a old cable I never use. It was so satisfying cutting off the memory wire hooks. I'm currently ordering the gaudiest cable I can find. Going to make myself some jewelery Vidos.
    15500686228423246895626172572912.jpg

HungryPanda, ValSilva, nickv and 4 others like this.
  15. ValSilva
    Tks Sean, for your words! I'll be more careful with the volume.
    I hope you get better soon!

seanc6441 likes this.