Earbuds Round-Up
Feb 4, 2019 at 12:41 AM Post #39,706 of 75,073
Hello
I'm interested in buying my first pair of earbuds. Looking for something that is very easily driven out of anything. Needs to have mmcx jacks. Looking to spend anywhere between $30 - $150. I was hoping you guys could recommend me a few 'bang for buck' options i should look up. I noticed many of the mmcx earbuds have high impedances, like 320ohm or 600ohm. Should I bother looking at any of these at all? I know that ohms doesn't say anything about power sensitivity so it might be possible to drive these earbuds without amp, but I really don't know what I should be looking at.

Can anyone recommend me mmcx earbuds that I can use with wireless mmcx cables (like the fiio rc-bt or shure rmcebt2)? Thanks

Feb 4, 2019 at 12:50 AM Post #39,707 of 75,073
Hello
I'm interested in buying my first pair of earbuds. Looking for something that is very easily driven out of anything. Needs to have mmcx jacks. Looking to spend anywhere between $30 - $150. I was hoping you guys could recommend me a few 'bang for buck' options i should look up. I noticed many of the mmcx earbuds have high impedances, like 320ohm or 600ohm. Should I bother looking at any of these at all? I know that ohms doesn't say anything about power sensitivity so it might be possible to drive these earbuds without amp, but I really don't know what I should be looking at.

Can anyone recommend me mmcx earbuds that I can use with wireless mmcx cables (like the fiio rc-bt or shure rmcebt2)? Thanks
Willsound mk2 mmcx version. 32ohm medium-high sensitivity. Works out of all sources. Neutral-ish detailed sound with slight bass boost. Around $32 + shipping.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2019 at 1:59 AM Post #39,708 of 75,073
Willsound mk2 mmcx version. 32ohm medium-high sensitivity. Works out of all sources. Neutral-ish detailed sound with slight bass boost. Around $32 + shipping.

Does that have detachable cables? I really need something with detachable cables, I plan on primarily using these with the Shure RMCE BT2. MMCX is ideal, or I can use an mmcx-to-2pin converter. EDIT:nvm reread your comment, what is the "mmcx version" of the willsound mk2? Can't find it anywhere, can you send me a link?

Currently I'm looking at the Rose Maysa Pro, the Rose Maysa, the Toneking TY2, the OurArt ACG, the OurArt Ti7, the **** PT15 and the BGVP DX3.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these? Are any of them worthy of recommendation? If not, are there any other mmcx earbuds you'd recommend?

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2019 at 2:07 AM Post #39,709 of 75,073
Does that have detachable cables? I really need something with detachable cables, I plan on primarily using these with the Shure RMCE BT2. MMCX is ideal, or I can use an mmcx-to-2pin converter.

Currently I'm looking at the Rose Maysa Pro, the Rose Maysa, the Toneking TY2, the OurArt ACG, the OurArt Ti7, the **** PT15 and the BGVP DX3.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these? Are any of them worthy of recommendation? If not, are there any other mmcx earbuds you'd recommend?
The earbud comes stock with no cable I believe, just the mmcx buds. Although you can buy a cable off willsound too, or use your own mmcx cables.

I still rec the mk2 as a starter bud 9ver the others. It got a great all rounder type sound.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2019 at 2:16 AM Post #39,710 of 75,073
The earbud comes stock with no cable I believe, just the mmcx buds. Although you can buy a cable off willsound too, or use your own mmcx cables.

I still rec the mk2 as a starter bud 9ver the others. It got a great all rounder type sound.

Seems cheap enough, i might as well pick one up then. Can you link me a store/vendor that has the mk2 mmcx buds in stock?

If I don't mind spending more, what are typically the most recommended earbuds at around the $150 mark? I'd rather spend some money on design/build/look/feel if there's anything nice out there that sounds good and is worth the money.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2019 at 3:54 AM Post #39,711 of 75,073
Seems cheap enough, i might as well pick one up then. Can you link me a store/vendor that has the mk2 mmcx buds in stock?

If I don't mind spending more, what are typically the most recommended earbuds at around the $150 mark? I'd rather spend some money on design/build/look/feel if there's anything nice out there that sounds good and is worth the money.
Rholopat

Feb 4, 2019 at 4:48 AM Post #39,714 of 75,073
Does that have detachable cables? I really need something with detachable cables, I plan on primarily using these with the Shure RMCE BT2. MMCX is ideal, or I can use an mmcx-to-2pin converter. EDIT:nvm reread your comment, what is the "mmcx version" of the willsound mk2? Can't find it anywhere, can you send me a link?

just contact willy directly and ask for customized mmcx unit. here's my MK1 and MK3

20190204_164559.jpg

Feb 4, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #39,715 of 75,073

I recced the mk2 because it punches far above its price, earbuds are weird, price doesn't necessarily mean better quality.

Mk2 and masya are about the same SQ for instance, but the mk2 has the more all rounder ability because it has much more powerful bass.

You buy it direct from willsound through facebook, as the mmcx is a newer creation of his and its not listed on sites that sell his buds like roluphat.com.

Just go to the fb page 'willsound' and message him. You can choose shell colours i believe, ask for mmcx mk2 and get a price+shipping quote.

If you do buy a cable from him also get something other than the standard black one, it's a little tough and there's plenty of nice aftermarket mmcx cables to buy instead or you may have your own even.

As for design/feel. The mmcx mx500 buds are pretty nice, especially if you get a nice shell colour (dont go for white and maybe not black as those shells always seem a bit thinner than coloured glossy ones). The mmcx versions have a little more weight to them, a nice solid feel.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #39,716 of 75,073
Just got the to600. Beautiful sound. Smooth and detailed. Full and rich.
Pretty good bass extension and moderate impact (better than to400 for sure) good treble air and extension.

Ty @HungryPanda (and others who posted about this earbud!) for the fantastic rec.

These sound very mature, I'm sure these would scale well with a good amp, but even from my v30 im liking the sound a lot.

I know I throw this phrase around a lot but I do mean it, these sound like a good reference open back headphone. Rich, clear, open wide staging, very refined tuning.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #39,718 of 75,073
Enjoy them Sean
Enjoying them with donut foams, which is usually too 'stuffy' sounding but not with these earbuds...

These were meant for music like this

Gorgeous vocals and timbre/tonality in the mids.

Feb 4, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #39,720 of 75,073
I do like Post Modern jukebox but I'm listen with my DIY 400 ohm graphic buds
I originally stumbled across them on youtube, didn't realise how much albuns they released until I search on spotify.

I love Gorillaz and I love these covers :)

If you're into string instrumental covers of great songs/albums check out Vitamin String Quartet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back