1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. RobinFood
    I'm kind of looking around for an upgrade on my Willsound MK2. I can't seem to find anything that trumps it at local store except maybe the ATH-CM2000, but I'm not ready to put down that much money yet.
    I was looking at the Toneking TO600s and the new Masya Pros. They both seem like decent upgrades. Anyone with them and the MK2? Are they an upgrade?

I kind of want something analytical with a ton of detail, and if possible I want a change from the standard plastic shells, and replaceable cables would be nice as I might go bluetooth or short-cable.

2. mochill
    I know I'll like it, also I found the kube1 to have a little bit of lower treble spike for me so I'll be burning it in more to see if it evens out.

3. mbwilson111
    I have burned-in both the kube 1 and the kube 2 for a couple of days playing continuously (lucky to have multiple daps). I can never tell if anything changes. I did not really have any time to listen before I burned them in (other stuff arrived as well) but they both sound good to me now. I am never sure how to test if something has a spike or not... but that might be different for different people anyway. You could be sensitive to a particular frequency while someone else is not. What frequency to you consider to be low treble?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    nick n and Redcarmoose like this.
  4. golov17
    Just try Cypherus Audio ZoomFred Pro

Marcos Fontana and jibberish like this.
  5. golov17
    Still waiting from New-York...

pr0b3r likes this.
  6. waynes world
    I'll try to provide a more detailed answer later, but the SL1.0+ has more bass overall.

I'm not familiar with those options. But I like the Svara L 32ohm. Seems more detailed and nuanced to me (including the bass).

Then you'll like the kube2 :)

7. jibberish
    Very pleased with the RW-9 right out of the box. Feels pretty balanced but still fun, bit of a moderate w-shaped sig maybe? Male vocals in particular sound very present and accurate, without being too forward and there's no "shoutiness". Looking forward to seeing if it improves with more time.

Also, the accessories included are great. Plenty of full foams and donuts in various colors, and the storage pouch is very distinctive, it will be easy to spot when I want to grab these for a listen :)

8. Willber
    Quick question: RW-9 or Kube 2 for biggest soundstage?

9. snip3r77
    Awaiting your comparo. Thanks

10. subwoof3r
    If anybody interested, I'm selling my WIllsound MK2 ! :)
    You can check the thread for the sale HERE
    Cheers'

11. seanc6441
    If anyone knows
    One of mine has that spike at 6khz and the other is slightly more mellow there.

Otherwise the FR is dare I say it, exceptionally balanced.

12. mbwilson111
    There is a rumor that each color has a different signature.

Redcarmoose likes this.
  13. seanc6441
    Probably driver inconsistency, it is a cheapish product in the end (despite is performance)

Ira Delphic and mochill like this.
  14. k271issue
    Hello
    I'm interested in buying my first pair of earbuds. Looking for something that is very easily driven out of anything. Needs to have mmcx jacks. Looking to spend anywhere between $30 - $150. I was hoping you guys could recommend me a few 'bang for buck' options i should look up. I noticed many of the mmcx earbuds have high impedances, like 320ohm or 600ohm. Should I bother looking at any of these at all? I know that ohms doesn't say anything about power sensitivity so it might be possible to drive these earbuds without amp, but I really don't know what I should be looking at.

Can anyone recommend me mmcx earbuds that I can use with wireless mmcx cables (like the fiio rc-bt or shure rmcebt2)? Thanks

15. seanc6441
    Willsound mk2 mmcx version. 32ohm medium-high sensitivity. Works out of all sources. Neutral-ish detailed sound with slight bass boost. Around $32 + shipping.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019