Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 24, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #39,376 of 74,995
Finally got my Vunbuds yesterday after ordering them in mid november. Not to go into details but let's just once again state that our dear swedish post office leaves a few things to be desired. Anyhow, the first impression is quite good! A bit rumbley but it works on the metal and prog I've been listening to. I think these are the first buds that I prefer with rubber rings instead of foams but I haven't quite made up my mind on that front. The VJC cable that came with them is great! Unfortunately I'm not using it, instead I'm using a cheap 2.5mm cable because ES100 packs more punch that way. I might switch back to the VJC cable though since I don't notice a big difference so far, not like with for example my **** PT15 where changing to 2.5mm did them a big favor in my opinion. Also, they weren't marked with left and right and that kind of bugged me even though it's kind of pointless.

Somebody need to get both the Vunbuds and the stock Sabia V6 Experimentals and compare. Still loving my Sabias!

Jan 24, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #39,377 of 74,995
Quick question: what are the TOTL buds right now?

I tried the ZoomFred and while sonically superb, it was not very portable. I had some fit and use issues with the Penon BS1 too. Mojito was my favorite so far but Rose build quality is a nightmare.

Any recommendations? Foam or foamless, I think my ears like a EMX500 type shell best.

Jan 24, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #39,378 of 74,995
Quick question: what are the TOTL buds right now?

I tried the ZoomFred and while sonically superb, it was not very portable. I had some fit and use issues with the Penon BS1 too. Mojito was my favorite so far but Rose build quality is a nightmare.

Any recommendations? Foam or foamless, I think my ears like a EMX500 type shell best.

I haven't heard anything that's more (both are under $200) expensive than the VE Zen 2.0 ZOE (recently discontinued), or the Wong Kuan Wae "Blur hALF/hALF" - but I'm impressed by the sound of each of them.

Jan 24, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #39,379 of 74,995
I haven't heard anything that's more (both are under $200) expensive than the VE Zen 2.0 ZOE (recently discontinued), or the Wong Kuan Wae "Blur hALF/hALF" - but I'm impressed by the sound of each of them.

I've been very tempted by those metal Blurs. Do you just drop him a DM on Instagram to order?

Jan 24, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #39,380 of 74,995
I've been very tempted by those metal Blurs. Do you just drop him a DM on Instagram to order?

Yes Wong can be contacted on Instagram, or on Facebook (I used Facebook).
He will work with you to best provide the tuning that you want, along with the cable type, and connectors that you prefer.

Jan 24, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #39,383 of 74,995
Yeah, but the cable is :)

...and my foams.

Enjoying my Vunbuds. For reasons beyond me, I was unaware they were mmcx. I'm always afraid to part mmcx earbuds from their cables. Just in case...

Exactly, that's why it's pointless that it bugs me. Some kind of OCD I guess. :) Honestly it's never occurred to me that symmetrical mmcx buds don't have to be marked L/R, feels wrong.

Somebody need to get both the Vunbuds and the stock Sabia V6 Experimentals and compare. Still loving my Sabias!

That would be interesting! I guess it's not possible to order the V6 outside of Asia? The way things are atm I don't want to order such a cheap earbud unless I'm getting something else as well. I'm kind of crap at reviews though so hopefully someone else will beat me to it. :wink:

Jan 24, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #39,384 of 74,995

I see the Vunbuds are not at Rholupat now. I am at the point where these Sabia sound so good it might be fun to get a tricked out set just to have . Are you aware of any other places to find the Vunbud waynesworld?
Or if it is a periodic/cyclical availability at Rholupat or simply no more?

I like the kube, they are my sound signature. Love the orange color too.
did you recieve yours? ( I assume so )

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2019 at 8:57 PM Post #39,385 of 74,995
I see the Vunbuds are not at Rholupat now. I am at the point where these Sabia sound so good it might be fun to get a tricked out set just to have .

Yes. I think they were 2.5mm balanced as well, which I'd enjoy running off of the ES100.

It would however be nice to know what the differences are sonically.

Are you aware of any other places to find the Vunbud waynesworld?

No, I'm not aware of anywhere other than Rholupat. If a bunch of us begged, he'd probably come up with some more.

Jan 24, 2019 at 9:50 PM Post #39,387 of 74,995
I see the Vunbuds are not at Rholupat now. I am at the point where these Sabia sound so good it might be fun to get a tricked out set just to have . Are you aware of any other places to find the Vunbud waynesworld?

did you recieve yours? ( I assume so )
Yes I did

Jan 25, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #39,389 of 74,995
I picked up two buds from Faaeal off amazon this week.

Datura X -- this one has the most awesome build for the price but it flat out sounds like hot garbage. There's zero bass. No mids. Veiled. Missing sparkle. I mean, I dont even know how you can even whatever is coming out of it music.

Iris - This was only $7.99? It sounds really good for $8! It has good treble extension and impactful bass and wide soundstage. V-shaped, but with good clarity. I recommend this one. It's up there with the RW-9 and X6 for my favorite budget picks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back