Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 22, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #39,333 of 75,133
Jan 22, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #39,335 of 75,133
@Ira Delphic I saw in your list that you have a Philips SHE3800- recabled. Is it difficult to recable? I would love to do my back up pair. Actually I would ask my husband to do it. Just wondering if there are any special problems opening it.

A friend re-cabled it for me and I provided an old KZ IEM that had a pretty nice cable. Hopefully someone with experience can chime in.

Jan 23, 2019 at 1:30 AM Post #39,336 of 75,133
Yeah I know, but I don’t see myself trying another MX500 shell that I cannot seem to use comfortable. I want to try smaller shell to see if I can use earbuds and like them as IEMs... Very nice but polite sounds good to me :) I like variety to choose from :)

The Toneking ROS1 is 14.6mm in diameter vs Qian 39 16.3mm, if you are looking for something even smaller. Nice bud too. You'll find imprpessions of them if you search this thread.

Jan 23, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #39,337 of 75,133
Better fit? Is it not the same shell or is there a subtle change, thanks for the impressions and I wasn't sure if you had seen my first post or not :)

Can't recall but I know these suit my ears better fit-wise, I think they might have different dimensions than the L set did.

Jan 23, 2019 at 6:12 AM Post #39,338 of 75,133
Finally the standard Zen 2.0 arrived today, which will be used daily with my main listening rig.

Replacement ZOE should come in tomorrow or the day after, and also just ordered an AOE for keepsake, since I miss my old Asura 2.0s quite a bit.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #39,339 of 75,133
Does anyone know a seller on AE that sells a good Vido? I mean with no defects or irregularities. The one pair I have,one wire to a driver is longer than the other. I literally have to fold and tape the longer wire to make it an equal length to the shorter wire.

Jan 23, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #39,340 of 75,133
There was this -
2017 New NICEHCK DIY PK2 Earbud

Nicehck had the silver cable version and the black cable. I got both, based on posting back in the day that the silver cable (white) version was just about as good and similar to the the Shozy Cygnus, with identical looking drivers.

My silver cable version has turned green and still has very nice sound. I think no longer availabe, but perhaps they have an equivalent? I paid around $US22.

I found that the Cygnus was a nice upgrade from the NICEHCK DIY PK2, but they do have share a similar sound sig. And I recently tracked the DIY PK2 down online, can't vouch for the retailers though, I got mine on Ali...
https://www.tokopedia.com/tokokerehore/nicehck-diy-pk2-silver-cable-earbud-non-mic
https://shopee.co.id/NiceHCK-DIY-PK2-Silver-Cable-Earbud-Non-Mic-i.86107369.1706720156

Since I own both of the above, I plan on trying to modify the Docomo variant's that were recently discussed here, as it has been inferred they share the same driver (and shell as well). Which leaves me looking for a cable... can anyone point out where to find a nice quality silver cable for DIY modding of similar quality to the NiceHCK DIY PK2 or Cygnus?

Jan 23, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #39,341 of 75,133
Does anyone know a seller on AE that sells a good Vido? I mean with no defects or irregularities. The one pair I have,one wire to a driver is longer than the other. I literally have to fold and tape the longer wire to make it an equal length to the shorter wire.

not a defect my friend. that's the "J cable" the Vidos are built with. it's weird, but it's how they are meant to be, lol.

Jan 23, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #39,342 of 75,133
not a defect my friend. that's the "J cable" the Vidos are built with. it's weird, but it's how they are meant to be, lol.

I am inclined to think that a whole batch of them got effed up so it was decided to call them "J" cables. lol

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #39,344 of 75,133
I am inclined to think that a whole batch of them got effed up so it was decided to call them "J" cables. lol

Nope, it was a design from the past - the idea is to use longer cable behind your neck and short one regularely. There are many IEMs that used this. Sony MH1c for example - good sound but terrible J cable (and it's also flat which makes it even worse).

Jan 23, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #39,345 of 75,133
Yup. All Sony's MH-series I own, MH1c, MH755, MH410C, are all have J-cord cable. The longer cable, which goes to the right piece, supposed to go behind the neck like some BT earphones.

And my Vido too have J-cord cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back