1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. DBaldock9
    The smallest 2.5mm TRRS plug I've seen, is the one that VE uses on their Espresso cable. I haven't seen a plug that size for sale at any online shops, though.

2. golov17
    ZOE with F.Audio FA-1 sounds great
    P81207-235043-001.jpg

DBaldock9, j4100 and HungryPanda like this.
  3. ClieOS Contributor
    Very likely it is injection molded and not something that can be done by DIY.

DBaldock9 likes this.
  4. DBaldock9
    It's knurled metal - and slightly smaller than the smallest of the Eidolic 2.5mm TRRS plugs (which is on my Impact Audio Cable).
    VE-Clan-vs-Eidolic.jpg

5. ClieOS Contributor
    It can still be injection molded inside, then put on an outer metal sleeve. It is how small plug are generally made in mass production as tight space doesn't provide good enough (if any) strain relief and injection molding solves that problem.

DBaldock9 likes this.
  6. seanc6441
    Right cable is sexy af lol

DBaldock9 and euge like this.
  7. HungryPanda
    A sentence only a Head-Fier could utter

Narayan23, ValSilva, j4100 and 3 others like this.
  8. waynes world
    Lol!

DBaldock9 likes this.
  9. DBaldock9
    Unfortunately, Lindsay at Impact Audio Cables hasn't been taking any new cable orders, since March or April of this year.

Edit: The three Eidolic connectors (2.5mm TRRS Plug, 2x MMCX), which are used on the Impact Audio Cable that I bought, cost at least $10 each.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  10. ClieOS Contributor
    Simphonio D3 has just been officially announced: new 15.8mm 4-layers composited diaphragm, all new voice coil, 150 ohm impedance, 118dB sensitivity with Furukawa Japan's 8 conductors 640 strands single crystal copper wires. MSRP (in China) is around US$480. ETA is early January.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    RuFrost, DBaldock9, chaiyuta and 4 others like this.
  11. doggiemom
    Interesting. Curious to see where the earbud price point will max out (meaning what people are willing to pay).

12. WoodyLuvr
    I have been thinking on this as well and as long as if new technology and materials come into play along with some neat micro-engineering (as we have seen in IEMs/CIEMs) the price may in fact go higher and justly so. I am waiting for more lighter shell materials to come into play... completely replacing the basic plastic we currently know. Another big event for earbuds will be the next step in bluetooth miniaturization & power which would spill over into ear buds well.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  13. WoodyLuvr
    Get this man some Blurs! They'll land on your list for sure.

14. euge
    Are the YINYOO BK2 on ae new?

15. snip3r77
    to test sub bass
    do check out Avril Lavigne's Skater boy..
    certain portions the sub bass is a killer. I listened it to with my QT2 it's crazy.