1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. B9Scrambler
    What a hodgepodge of design, lol. I'm intrigued :hushed:

2. RobinFood
    Out of curiosity, what does the UE in the RY4S UE cable stand for, anyways?

I originally assumed it stood for Ultimate Ears, maybe they had really nice cables that were transplanted or something, but the Ultimate Ears stock cables don't look anything like it...

chaiyuta likes this.
  3. chinmie
    20181129_191219-01.jpeg

I'm also a bit worried how it would look and fit, but i kinda dig it: looks like regular IEM from the outside, sounds like an earbud. at least it's better looking and more secure than the stem look of the airpod

4. fairx
    I'm curious on how to do this. Any Pics? Tq

5. seanc6441
    I'll take some pics soon. I actually combined two mods, the resulting sound was something more like the tm9 but with a more energetic highs. The soundstage became very open, spacious.

Sadly the resulting bass boost from the bass port mod just cuts off short of the low mid dip (as expected since it's the bass that gets boosted up to around 200hz). So you still have that low vocal recession around 250-500.

But everything else takes one a very balanced neutral sound. Which is why I've bought 2 more ry4s to mod further.

You will be really impressed by how much clean bass these can deliver with the mods. Bass to match or surpass the willsound mk2 but with less bleed into the mids.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    fairx and waynes world like this.
  6. seanc6441
    It's got tonnes of bass but the default tuning is too restrictive of airflow. Check my last few posts about modding them. You'll be impressed by how much bass you can get out of these.

I have become really dependant on having the bassiest earbuds after hearing the ks black ling. Any bass lite earbuds just leave me disappointed now.

The ry4s after mods are close to the bass levels of the black ling, it's very satisfying deep punchy bass, with no bleed into the mids.

7. waynes world
    I have read that bluetooth radiation is not a concern, but I can't help but feel a bit of trepidation about having bluetooth receivers right in my ears (which is another reason I like the ES100). Then again, I use bluetooth headphones quite often, so obviously I should be ignored lol!

vetsin and HungryPanda like this.
  8. chinmie
    i heard radiation might give you superpowers :o2smile:

now that i'm using this true wireless earphones more often, i only use my wired ones on my computer desk or when I'm on my bed before sleeping. using wired with my phone or dac gave me frequent heart attack because i kept snagging the cable or accidentally pulled my phone of the table when i stand up

HungryPanda likes this.
  9. waynes world
    Brain cancer or heart failure. I was going to say "flip a coin", but I think I'm gonna to stick with the cables! :cold_sweat:

10. Sgt. Ear Ache
    My BTR1 is a nearly perfect (I have a BTR1k on order right now :wink: ) bluetooth solution afaic. It provides great sound in a super compact form and I can use whatever buds I want to use at any given time. If I need to I can easily tie up the excess cable so it doesn't get caught up on things...

11. Marcos Fontana
    Could you share your mods?

12. phower
    Bluetooth RF power is 500 times weaker than the RF power radiated by a smartphone. Talking on the smartphone while holding it to the ear is a concern. So, using Bluetooth is actually safer.

waynes world likes this.
  13. seanc6441
    Will do tomorrow. I'll take some pics and stuff.

14. DBaldock9
    After Lunch today, I switched over from some Remax RM-600M earphones (on my M0), to some NiceHCK DIY Graphene (2017) earbuds on my ES100, and I've been streaming a Spotify Acoustic Christmas Playlist.
    These DIY Graphene earbuds do a good job of presenting a big, open, natural sounding Sound Stage.

subwoof3r and HungryPanda like this.
  15. waynes world
    You are referring to these "old" $29 ones, right? Mine broke quite a while ago, and at the time they were my favorite buds. I've wanted to get a replacement pair ever since but have been able to put it off. Probably not now though - darn you! :wink:

Edit: there is no cheap shipping to Canada available. Probably due to the Canada Post strike. So it looks like I will have to put it off for a little while longer! :frowning2:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    DBaldock9 likes this.