1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. j4100
    Since I'm having problems linking Ali stuff, anyone see the blinged-out K's LHF with gold details?

Edit. In AK store

2. j4100
    I'm getting an irrational urge to buy the TO600 or the black Ling. My brain keeps pretending that I have no other earbuds.

Currently listening to some Dead Meadow with my ZOE. The 20th anniversary tour gig last week was amazing. Love this band.

HungryPanda likes this.
  3. seanc6441
    For your wallets sake hope you choose the TO600, but oh my do the Ling sound good when setup right :)

Plus it's amoung the most beautiful looking earbuds I've seen and has a great fit in the ear.

My unit that developed a rattle is on the way back to me from AKStore (shoutout to them for replacing it for me even out of time on Aliexpress' ridiculously short buyer protection cover). So I'll get to rediscover it again without any of the flaws holding it back that my last unit unfortunately had.

So yeah, get it, or don't... You're choice :wink:

Disclaimer: enabling may occur!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
    j4100 likes this.
  4. Willber
    mbwilson111, j4100 and HungryPanda like this.
  5. Willber
    It looks like the EB2.

6. seanc6441
    Not in hand it doesn't. Same silhouette but the finish is polished brass (maybe an alloy as it's a dark grey finish). It has a full metal front cover with a mesh grille under the perforations. It's cable looks to be SPC and Gold plated copper. But cannot confirm it. Although it oozes quality.

I don't usually gush over the build quality unless it's spectacular which it is with the ling. Of course it should be for the price.

Although I've heard K's will release a budget ling version so even if you don't have the budget for the black ling you may be able to have a taste of the sound and looks with the new budget one. Although ive yet to see any prototype pictures of it...

7. Willber
    Fair enough. Too expensive for me, though.

Actually, I feel the same about my B&W P5. They are not the best sounding phones I have but the leather and metal (no plastic in sight) are just lovely to handle and wear. Coincidentally, they are in my profile pic which seems to be randomly selected.

8. seanc6441
    Understandable, i wasn't willing either until I got a good price in the AE 11.11 sale last year with added coupons.

Wait for the budget one, ill probably buy it just to compare to the black ling out of curiosity :)

Btw EB2 has great build for the price, but its not the same as Ling in sound or overall build. Maybe the budget ling will be closer if they use a full metal shell.

9. Willber
    Interesting, I shall wait an see.

10. seanc6441
    I think the emx500 has the closest sound to the ling in the budget range except the Ling is slightly more refined, mature and extended on both ends. Both have large soundstaging but the Ling presents more intimately as its a more closed back design.

Willber likes this.
  11. Willber
    I have the EMXS-500 which I like a lot so that sounds promising.

seanc6441 likes this.
  12. j4100
  13. j4100
    Yeah, I have been tempted since they came out and you don't make it any easier. :beyersmile:

14. waynes world
    It's been a while since I heard the emx500 (developed an un-suckable rattle lol). But do you have the RY4S (UE cable version)?

15. seanc6441
    On it's way to me. Should have mine by next week or so!

DBaldock9 likes this.