1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. mbwilson111
    I use the full foams that came with them.

Lothar101 likes this.
  2. Lothar101
    Thanks for the reply...It's a wrestling match to put them on with their ceramic fronts...Lol

3. exavolt
    Rubber rings + donut foams as they are too small for my ears (MX shells fit well without foams). After a while using them with foams, I find that naked EB2 has very thin bass (because not sealed well) and their mids a bit harsh.

4. waynes world
    Found my RY4S's - yippee!

I love them off of my ES100, but your post made me want to try them amped. And I agree - they scale very nicely!

fairx, jogawag and HungryPanda like this.
  5. mbwilson111
    I know. It takes me about 20 minutes to get foams onto a pair of buds. Donuts..cant get them on at all. I need more fingers.

groucho69 likes this.
  6. Lothar101
    First one took 15 minutes...the second
    I wasn't as gentle and took 2 minutes...Lol They are a lot more stretchy than I thought. Would have torn VE Thins doing this.

mbwilson111 likes this.
  7. CyberGhost
    I've been comparing Shozy Cygnus to my old YUIN PK2. I have to say I kinda prefer PK2. It is noticeably cleaner. Shozy has bigger bass, which feels like it's entering mid range a bit. And mids sounds "fuller". Shozy is also louder at the same decibel level, but, it is not cleaner! Shozy feels veiled compared to PK2. PK2 sounds a bit smaller (I think due to less bass), but definitely cleaner.

Now, I'm really interested in PK1/OK1.

8. CyberGhost
    This descriptions matches what I experienced with Cygnus and PK2.

Are BK mids cleaner than PK2 from your experience?

Treble is kinda worrying because PK2 has better treble than Cygnus I think. I was hoping BK would have more and clean treble.

9. snip3r77
    Any suggestions for a RY4S alternative which comes with a box?
    I'm trying to make a Christmas Pack for my friends~~

10. j4100
    Buy some boxes with the RY4S?

Edit: NiceHCK do a good line in individual boxes, from zippered ones for around a dollar, to more expensive aluminium ones.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    exavolt likes this.
  11. exavolt
    How's RY4S compared to Svara L?

12. Themilkman46290
    Anyone try the ShoonTH ESEP-01BLE, my wife likes them and I am curious how good they are.

13. singledot02
    I want to try BUDS WORLD! Please Help!

Currenty Eying for:
    Linsoul BLD 150ohm, NICEHCK EBX, Svara L, Wilsound Mk2 FINAL (online store from PH)
    not sure if these BUDS i mentioned is a big upgrade from famous RY4S UE and EMX500 or even the Snow Lotus 1+ or VE Monk + SPC [​IMG]

OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS

BUDGET: below $50
    Player: LG V30
    Genre: HipHop, Metal, Rock (all rounder i guess?)

14. redkingjoe
    I’m quite certain to get the ATH cm2000ti. I’m waitin/searching for a good deal though.

Instead of buying parts to fit them together, Audio Technica has the technology and the tradition for earbuds. In the past, they produced the TOTL cm7ti, when most other didn’t produce higend earbuds.

The new CM2000ti has premium parts( especially the driver) that can’t be found in other products. The star grounding is also appealing to me.

I just wish Sony, aiwa, and Panasonic will do a comeback for high end earbuds.

15. mbwilson111
    Themilkman46290 likes this.