Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 27, 2018 at 2:29 AM Post #36,917 of 75,146
@blackberriesandthinkpads
Dear Oleg,
no final price yet,however it is not over 279 usd..
.. we just need a week now to fine tune in small
details.
should get them done around end of this month.
I will let you know once they are ready.
BR,
Woo

Update to the TM9, or a TM11?

I knew something was off when I saw Mochill list his TM9 for sale.

Hope I didn't make the wrong decision, wasn't expecting another release/update from Blox since they just put out the TM9. I don't like polite/smoothed sound. Fingers crossed my Indonesian buds break in wonderfully. This is going to be a painful wait...

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 3:00 AM Post #36,918 of 75,146
Update to the TM9, or a TM11?

I knew something was off when I saw Mochill list his TM9 for sale.

Hope I didn't make the wrong decision, wasn't expecting another release/update from Blox since they just put out the TM9. I don't like polite/smoothed sound. Fingers crossed my Indonesian buds break in wonderfully. This is going to be a painful wait...
Just toys for boys )))

Oct 27, 2018 at 3:25 AM Post #36,919 of 75,146
The WillSound Special Edition sounds like stupid good value if it is truly TOTL. Link?

I'm very suprised that ClieOS has yet to hear a Cypherus bud...

On WillSound's Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/WillSound-355453261556612/

Pretty sure I have heard most Cypherus earbuds made before 2017. Met Herry @ Cypherus himself and his friends on CamJam Singapore as well as @rudi0504, between them most of Cypherus' earbuds were there and we actually had a mini earbuds meet for over an hour - Good time! Anyway, the main reason I don't own a Cypherus so far has nothing to do with their sound (*which are all excellent!!!), but the fact that I wholeheartedly hate thick cable and those that I am interested in (sound wise) just not going to work for me (cable wise).

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #36,920 of 75,146
On WillSound's Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/WillSound-355453261556612/

Pretty sure I have heard most Cypherus earbuds made before 2017. Met Herry @ Cypherus himself and his friends on CamJam Singapore as well as @rudi0504, between them most of Cypherus' earbuds were there and we actually had a mini earbuds meet for over an hour - Good time! Anyway, the main reason I don't own a Cypherus so far has nothing to do with their sound (*which are all excellent!!!), but the fact that I wholeheartedly hate thick cable and those that I am interested in (sound wise) just not going to work for me (cable wise).

I missed can jam twice as I was away . Sad panda

Oct 27, 2018 at 3:33 AM Post #36,921 of 75,146
Unfortunately my RY4S payment has just been rejcted (bought too many earbuds these past weeks ^^ // joking).
I will finally wait 11.11 ali sales to buy not only RY4S, but Vido and Snow Lotus 1.0+ (and maybe 2.0 too) !! haha :)
Thanks to all for your precious contributions on this thread, I'm now in a sort of earbuds foly ^^

Oct 27, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #36,922 of 75,146
Having some buds with same shells could cause confusion. Do you guys have any suggestion for making nice labels directly on the buds or probably attached to the cables?

I will finally wait 11.11 ali sales to buy not only RY4S, but Vido and Snow Lotus 1.0+ (and maybe 2.0 too) !! haha :)
Where can I get SL1.0+? On Faaeal's Ali store, their pluses are greyed out (can't be selected).

Oct 27, 2018 at 4:51 AM Post #36,924 of 75,146
Not too bad, I've paid much worse ransom. Looking forward to your SWD2+ comparison with your other buds. Though, from what I've read about your tastes and how that bud sounds, don't think you'll like it. I'll admit though I too was considering it when I saw them at $199.

You might be right but I'll never know until I've tried them. I did like Moondrop Liebesleid. I still sold them because I prefer a more balanced sound instead of the main focus on upper mids and highs on Liebesleid. Musicmaker/Toneking Tomahawk are described as slightly bright but I really like them with metal despite being a bit sensitive to bright sound signatures.

I am thinking of picking between SWD2+ and Shozy BK since I'd like one pair of TOTL earbuds with Yuin shell.

Oct 27, 2018 at 4:52 AM Post #36,925 of 75,146
Unfortunately my RY4S payment has just been rejcted (bought too many earbuds these past weeks ^^ // joking).
Thanks to all for your precious contributions on this thread, I'm now in a sort of earbuds foly ^^

I’m just wondering what are the good stuff that has great discounts during 11.11

Oct 27, 2018 at 5:04 AM Post #36,926 of 75,146
You might be right but I'll never know until I've tried them. I did like Moondrop Liebesleid. I still sold them because I prefer a more balanced sound instead of the main focus on upper mids and highs on Liebesleid. Musicmaker/Toneking Tomahawk are described as slightly bright but I really like them with metal despite being a bit sensitive to bright sound signatures.

I am thinking of picking between SWD2+ and Shozy BK since I'd like one pair of TOTL earbuds with Yuin shell.

i think you would like the SWD2+ better than the BK

Oct 27, 2018 at 9:08 AM Post #36,927 of 75,146
1) No particular opinion on it. The actual real UE cable on most of UE IEMs isn't really that great. I however have not tried the UE style cable on earbud to know. Those are not likely actual UE made cable, but only referred to a particular finishing.

2) SWD2 is the old model made by Sunrise (which already change its name to Simphonio a few months ago) about 6 yrs ago. It is still a very good earbud by today's standard, but not on the same level as the ToTL SWD2+.
Thank you for clarifying, im eyeing the r4ys but was deciding between the UE or that sexy red+white HI cable.

Oct 27, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #36,928 of 75,146
Just read over 50 pages catching up to this thread :S.

So Audio Tehcnica's fancy pants buds are out, and no-one has heard them?!

An expensive little package showed up from Indonesia a couple days ago. The painful burn in period starts. Though I must say, I'm not overly impressed straight out of the box. Sure, better than my Monk+, but the burn in has to work miracles for what I paid. For now my Fostex X00 Ebony are still on my head.

I find MX500 shells to be painful without foam, maybe it's just the mold marks applying pressure to my small ears. Then again I find them painful with anything thicker than VE thin foam. With VE thin foam, I can wear them almost forever with no fatigue. It's a pity he tunes his buds for use without foam (for my sake at least). I tested with VE thins mostly. I remember someone linked some SUPER thin foams somewhere in this thread, maybe I should order those. I may just sand down those mold marks when I get the time.

Mochill sold his TM9? I thought he'd sell a kidney before letting go of those. Unless he knows something we don't coming from Blox...

What's with all this insider whispering about something coming from Blox? An update to the TM9? New bud altogether?

Not too bad, I've paid much worse ransom. Looking forward to your SWD2+ comparison with your other buds. Though, from what I've read about your tastes and how that bud sounds, don't think you'll like it. I'll admit though I too was considering it when I saw them at $199.

The WillSound Special Edition sounds like stupid good value if it is truly TOTL. Link?

I'm very suprised that ClieOS has yet to hear a Cypherus bud...

Very interesting... I'm in the market for a good DAP, had my eyes on a DX200. Is the V30 really better than the DX200? How much time did you spend with your DX200? At the price point you can find a V30 for, that's some damn good value.

What's happening with K's Titanium? Still waiting for details on their low impedance version.

Price? When? Where? Who? What? How? This damn earbud game...
Still have my TM9

Oct 27, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #36,929 of 75,146
Current fav is Shozy Cygnus Balanced Edition....I have something on the way....

Blur Chocolate.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back