1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. BuddhaBruce
    The one's in his signature are all ones I've been looking at haha.

2. Willber
    If I hadn't spent so much on my (still growing) collection, I would be able to afford the best earbuds known to man.

But that's not the point, is it? :ksc75smile:

tvou88 likes this.
  3. HungryPanda
    I would have to pick the Sunrise SW Dragon II but as the cable is rather flimsy I don't think it would survive the trip to the desert island

euge and mbwilson111 like this.
  4. tronth
    For a Shanling M0, would it be wise to get some high impedance earbuds, or with the R4YS 32 ohms will it be fine?

5. csglinux
    It isn't fussy. It has enough power to drive high-impedance buds and a silent noise floor for any sensitive low-impedance buds.

6. Blueshound24

I've got a couple of questions:

1) RE: the UE cable. Why is it prefered? Is it copper or other?

2) Is the Sunrise SW Dragon II a prior model to the Simphonio Dragon 2+, or just a better version ? What are the signature differences?

TIA

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  7. ClieOS Contributor
    1) No particular opinion on it. The actual real UE cable on most of UE IEMs isn't really that great. I however have not tried the UE style cable on earbud to know. Those are not likely actual UE made cable, but only referred to a particular finishing.

2) SWD2 is the old model made by Sunrise (which already change its name to Simphonio a few months ago) about 6 yrs ago. It is still a very good earbud by today's standard, but not on the same level as the ToTL SWD2+.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  8. seanc6441
    Hard to choose just one.

It's a toss up between Mojito (only with very specfic foam mods), Black Ling or EMX500(budget king IMO).

All I'll say is I'm very excited to try emx500 drivers with the custom earbuds I'm making... They impress me that much with certain mods/tweaks I really want to test on them. The driver itself is very capable and has a great frequency response IMO.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  9. rkw
    That's probably how all of those small earbud companies in Asia started out.

So... what are you going to call that new line of earbuds from Ireland? :o2smile:

10. DBaldock9
    It would have to be my Blur hALF/hALF (2.5TRRS, 150Ω).

kfarndog likes this.
  11. snip3r77
    I don’t know but I feel blur is overpriced . I’d take willsound any time of the day

KarmaPhala, chellity and subwoof3r like this.
  12. exavolt
    I believe that most of them started out by doing mix and match between the premade drivers with some common shells, and then do some tuning with filter materials and cables.

13. blackberriesandthinkpads
    Just read over 50 pages catching up to this thread :S.

So Audio Tehcnica's fancy pants buds are out, and no-one has heard them?!

An expensive little package showed up from Indonesia a couple days ago. The painful burn in period starts. Though I must say, I'm not overly impressed straight out of the box. Sure, better than my Monk+, but the burn in has to work miracles for what I paid. For now my Fostex X00 Ebony are still on my head.

I find MX500 shells to be painful without foam, maybe it's just the mold marks applying pressure to my small ears. Then again I find them painful with anything thicker than VE thin foam. With VE thin foam, I can wear them almost forever with no fatigue. It's a pity he tunes his buds for use without foam (for my sake at least). I tested with VE thins mostly. I remember someone linked some SUPER thin foams somewhere in this thread, maybe I should order those. I may just sand down those mold marks when I get the time.

Mochill sold his TM9? I thought he'd sell a kidney before letting go of those. Unless he knows something we don't coming from Blox...

What's with all this insider whispering about something coming from Blox? An update to the TM9? New bud altogether?

Not too bad, I've paid much worse ransom. Looking forward to your SWD2+ comparison with your other buds. Though, from what I've read about your tastes and how that bud sounds, don't think you'll like it. I'll admit though I too was considering it when I saw them at $199.

The WillSound Special Edition sounds like stupid good value if it is truly TOTL. Link?

I'm very suprised that ClieOS has yet to hear a Cypherus bud...

Very interesting... I'm in the market for a good DAP, had my eyes on a DX200. Is the V30 really better than the DX200? How much time did you spend with your DX200? At the price point you can find a V30 for, that's some damn good value.

What's happening with K's Titanium? Still waiting for details on their low impedance version.

Price? When? Where? Who? What? How? This damn earbud game...

14. golov17
    @blackberriesandthinkpads
    Dear Oleg,
    no final price yet,however it is not over 279 usd..
    .. we just need a week now to fine tune in small
    details.
    should get them done around end of this month.
    I will let you know once they are ready.
    BR,
    Woo

richardstring likes this.
  15. blackberriesandthinkpads
    Update to the TM9, or a TM11?

I knew something was off when I saw Mochill list his TM9 for sale.

Hope I didn't make the wrong decision, wasn't expecting another release/update from Blox since they just put out the TM9. I don't like polite/smoothed sound. Fingers crossed my Indonesian buds break in wonderfully. This is going to be a painful wait...

subwoof3r likes this.