1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. handwander
    "titanium crystal" :thinking:

2. KevDzn
    I have the snow lotus 1.0 and 1.0+.
    Between those 2, snow lotus 1.0+ is by far more better sound wise. Bass is deep, mids are not recessed and treble is just right. Soundstage is wide. I did not get the snow lotus 2.0 so no comments on it.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  3. ClieOS Contributor
    It is the same kind of titanium diaphragm used on Ti7, just tuned differently. Aa the name suggested, it is mainly for ACG music.

4. exavolt
    How are these ACG-focused headphones different from headphones designed for general listening? I thought that many of anime and game musics are ordinary songs.

5. ClieOS Contributor
    Just ACG music in general, in the context of what Chinese typically classify the genre, we are talking about female Japanese vocal with mainly fast electronic music. Usually the prefer sound signature for this type of music is mild U-shaped, bright with good bass. Now this is not to say the ACG earbud will have this sound signature, but just a general observation.

exavolt likes this.
  6. seanc6441
    For me it's a dip in the upper mids compared to its very full lower mids that lends it a slightly below neutral tonality in the mids. The raised peaks in the treble gives it air, which to me is where the dry tonality comes from. I'd say the treble is neutralish with some peaks, but not overly bright.

But shozy intended the bk to be used with the stock foams which are very close to heigi donuts and do give a warmer, smoother sound at the expense of neutrality. I find they do sound more veiled with the thick donuts.

bhima likes this.
  7. bavinck
    Hey friend,
    You should consider moonbuds. I have the nightshade and love it.

bhima likes this.
  8. mochill
    What is moonbud

9. iron2k
  10. seanc6441
    Mid-high end earbud range from a diy seller. Never heard one but they look fantastic especially the cables.

groucho69 likes this.
  11. bavinck
    And if you like to change the athletic Moon will take orders that are fairly custom.

12. bavinck
    Awesomeness

activatorfly and mochill like this.
  13. silverfishla
    I like the old ourart Ti7 buds, but wished they had a bit more bass. I looked at the specs that compare the new version with the old and saw one spec that made me think that they are using a different driver...it says it uses a super thin driver vs. thin. So, maybe it’s not just a tuning but a more capable driver.

14. bhima
    Bavnick,

Thanks again for the BKs. How much are the Moonbuds and where do you place them in terms of sound signature compared to the BKs?

I was a little burnt on diy recommendations that said the Willsound pk16 was neutral and great. They just arent worth their $40 unfortunately.

15. seanc6441
    The wording some sellers use isn't too reliable, so it's hard to say.

I agree though, the ourart with a bass boost was very nice (although admittedly the driver wasn't very cable of sub bass extension by pushing the EQ without a noticeable distortion.

I also boosted the highs to form a V shape, the mids were just delicious on the ourart though, very mature detailed tuning.