1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. seanc6441
    Well I just bought another earbud I probably don't need but must hear lol. All you guys hyping the Ry4S. You all suck! :wink:

Capture+_2018-10-12-01-42-17.png

bhima, euge, rahmish and 2 others like this.
  2. seanc6441
    Yes many people saying burn in helps... A lot.

Now someone needs to try their $13-15 150 and 300 GM earbuds... From the same official RY store.

I would but I'm officially broke atm lol

DBaldock9 and activatorfly like this.
  3. vetsin
    I look forward to getting them! :) I don't have anything with that impedance and I want to test my LG V20 so its a good chance.

Forty6, DBaldock9 and seanc6441 like this.
  4. chinmie
    i can vouch for the RY4S, my brother have and like it very much, i tried it and it does have a great sound, but i never seem to make a purchase because i thought i already have enough...but all this talk about RY4S...i want to purchase some for backup and gifts for my nieces and nephews. i won't give my son as he only likes using headphones :k701smile:

by the way @HungryPanda , how's the RY G500 300 ohm sound?

nick n, euge, DBaldock9 and 2 others like this.
  5. activatorfly
    Burn-in doesn't take too long - they're more transparent now - revealing a very "airy" soundstage - remarkable for the price!...Don't fret I'm broke too...& pulled the trigger on two other pairs this evening! haha!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    DBaldock9 likes this.
  6. HungryPanda
    Well I've been listening to the RY G500 300 ohms tonight and have to say they are rather good. I was listening to some hard hitting electronic music and the bass was full and and powerful, highs and mids sounded fine. I put on my Fostex T60RP's and they sounded weak in comparison. They are not as good as my K's 500's but the K's 500 are way more expensive. They get a good recommendation from me.

chellity, DBaldock9 and activatorfly like this.
  7. seanc6441
    In other news I also received the acrolink OCC and OCC - pure silver cable in the post today. So now I've got all the parts to start my project.

The cable is very nice, it's a little stiff as it's teflon coated for durability but the diameter is under 1mm so its thim enough to maintain flex especially when i did a test braid on some. Feels similar to the cable used on my K's Ling.

15393065230771774346622.jpg 15393065552122060218362.jpg

bhima, Narayan23, DBaldock9 and 2 others like this.
  8. seanc6441
    Are they a step up from the Ry4s once amped? Quick comparision between the two would be nice :)

DBaldock9 and activatorfly like this.
  9. activatorfly
    Ditto!

DBaldock9 likes this.
  10. HungryPanda
    I don't have nor have heard the RY4s

DBaldock9, seanc6441 and activatorfly like this.
  11. chinmie
    i suspect that they would not sound similar. i don't know if they're using similar/same drivers, but the 300 ohm from most builder that I've tried would have a warmer sound less bass, more airy soundstage but a rather forward/intimate player position compared to the 32 ohm based drivers. RY4S if my memory's correct sounded like EMX500 and Vido school of sound (big closed headphone-like sound)

but this is all my wild guess, i could be (horribly) wrong

DBaldock9, seanc6441 and activatorfly like this.
  12. activatorfly
    I'd say they're more-like open headphones - being more akin to closed when you cover the rear vents.

DBaldock9 likes this.
  13. snip3r77
    WOW... one doesn't need to spend a lot for good earbuds. Are these the new sub$10 champion?

activatorfly and DBaldock9 like this.
  14. snip3r77
    I'm sorry bro :frowning2:

activatorfly and DBaldock9 like this.
  15. snip3r77

Definitely burn in helps as these are Dynamic drivers, put in at least 50 hours

DBaldock9 likes this.