1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. wazzupi
    My eb2s started making crackling noises when there is midbass present to a certain frequency anything i can do because returning this crap is going to be a mission i might not want to do.

2. activatorfly
    DBaldock9 likes this.
  3. waynes world
    Take off the foam, and then suck on the bud. Surprisingly that seems to fix the driver flex.

bhima, activatorfly and DBaldock9 like this.
  4. activatorfly
    Not had any issues so far....

DBaldock9 likes this.
  5. iron2k
    activatorfly and DBaldock9 like this.
  6. waynes world
  7. wazzupi
    It was working great i don't know if i did something but overall my favorite iem/earbud this is making me want to spend more money now haha

8. activatorfly
    Sometimes, I guess you just gotta give in to the inner voice - RY4S with UE cable (now that they've smoothed out are divine!) - a total no-brainer!

DBaldock9 and mbwilson111 like this.
  9. activatorfly
    Try sucking gently on the faceplate grille on the shells - i.e. the fix Wayne suggested above...keep us posted if it works?!

DBaldock9 likes this.
  10. activatorfly
    It would be great to hear a direct comparison of the RY4S with RY04 (with uber cool IE800 style cable!) - apparently they have a darker signature?

DBaldock9 likes this.
  11. Narayan23
    DBaldock9 likes this.
  12. mbwilson111
    Mine arrived a few hours ago. Getting ready to try them now :)

snip3r77, DBaldock9 and activatorfly like this.
  13. HungryPanda
    subwoof3r, chinmie, Narayan23 and 4 others like this.
  14. mbwilson111
    I have had the RY04 for over a year. I like it but someone called it bass anemic. I just find it to be a detailed and balanced sound. Very addictive for me.

I am only one song into my new RY4S so I am not going to try to compare today... or tomorrow:) But no, the RY04 is not dark.

There were never many posts about it but this is the one that encouraged me to try it. He also mentions the RY4S but that would have been an early one with the old type cable.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/page-1266#post-13349120

15. activatorfly
    Awesome...obvs give them a few hours burn-in - It'll be great to hear your opinion compared to RY04. - at least they won't break the bank! Haha :)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    DBaldock9 likes this.