1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. Forty6
    Yeah my bad , mistaken .

seanc6441 likes this.
  2. Forty6
    Yes was referring to that 178usd detachable Zen.
    Playing good music on my dap , but sound lagI Kuat being pushed by a amp .
    178usd well spend, totally worth every cents spent on it with another recable.

And I briefly try it with a pricey cooper wires , Man that was really warmth and smooth on the Zoe , but unfortunately it was just a brief test out without pairing up with the amp , just with a player .
    Amping makes a lot more difference on the zens though.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  3. palestofwhite
    The ZOE is really great with the optional 102ssc Oyaide cable. That being said, I used it for about a week and liked them so much, that I traded up to a Zen 2.0 Black Edition. Still eagerly waiting for it to arrive. :D

4. Forty6
    Huh? Trade up ? Trade with who ?

5. palestofwhite
    Was talking to Lee and he offered.

6. Forty6
    That was kind for him to do , he's one exceptional guy in this business, a frank and chatty character and most importantly a very honest person , imo you should have kept the Zoe and go for the zen black in the next order .
    There's so much options to play with the detachable version

7. palestofwhite
    I needed to try for myself and see what the black edition was all about. That being said, I have a feeling I might get another ZOE sometime in the future, as a spare.

I really like how VE tuned their stuff, and the fact that the original Monks brought me back to earbuds was very nostalgic and works well for me.

ValSilva, KevDzn and Forty6 like this.
  8. Forty6
    Tuning , drivers are the same , with a different shell , cardas cable make most of the sonic difference in the Zen , now that I got the Zoe , like you had experience, the black zen is on my next purchase for sure .
    A very addictive ear bud .

palestofwhite likes this.
  9. KevDzn
    Yup! Same here. The VE Monks completely changed my very low perception of earbuds. I have not touch my headphones and iems for a very long time now.

palestofwhite likes this.
  10. wazzupi
    What's a good next step up from nicehck eb2 ? Under 200 bucks preferred.

11. handwander
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  12. ClieOS Contributor
    Pretty sure I am one of the first to get it when it was first released as HY1000 almost a year ago, way before it was randomly renamed as HYCK100 by Ali seller. Also note that it now has two versions: one is said to have tuned for female vocal while the one is said to be more balanced.

handwander likes this.
  13. DatClampTho
    Get a ZOE used just to mess with cables. I kinda wish I waited to get a ZOE used since they seem to pop up fairly often for cheapish. However I am glad I got mine new for the Zen LL and I'm sure I'll want to use the VE loyalty points toward something in the future... because I totally fell into the VE trap. Monk+ to Monk Lite SPC 120 to RA+(with Zen Lite) to ZOE(with Zen LL) and I love every single product. I can't take the ZOE with the 102ssc out of my ears.

14. Forty6
    My recommended would be the 178usd zen2.0 omega edition .
    Also you can get another upgrade cable for the omega at 50% disc , and you're entitled with a pair of ZenLL earbud for free as well ,
    A very good deal and pricing for a TOTL earbud with freebies .
    Where to find such good deals?
    With the omega you got the freedom to play with the sound with different wires.

15. palestofwhite
    I really like the ZOE with 102ssc cables. In fact I feel that VE should make the Zen 2.0 in this cable configuration as a default, instead of the regular red cables.