Earbuds Round-Up
Jul 17, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #33,046 of 75,134
Testing bass with 1More EO320, QianYun Qian39, Z & W Panda PK2s DQSM, NiceHCK PK1 MX500 and Fengru DIY PK2 vs Seahf AWK-F150C with Ioan Gamboa:

Whoa - thanks! That was quite the trip with the Svara's! (I don't think that you'd be disappointed).

Btw I love the 1More triple driver over ears, and just got tripped out over your video again with them lol. But I didn't know about the 1More EO320's earbuds. How do you like them? You say they are dark?

Jul 17, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #33,047 of 75,134
Testing bass with 1More EO320, QianYun Qian39, Z & W Panda PK2s DQSM, NiceHCK PK1 MX500 and Fengru DIY PK2 vs Seahf AWK-F150C with Ioan Gamboa:

So far the only earbud in PK shell I’ve heard to have respectable bass is the shozy BK. But the rest of the signature isn’t ideal for EDM without significant EQ.

I suggest you get an mx500 shell earbud and sand down the sides :D

I think I’m gonna do it with my MK2 as it doesn’t need a perfect seal for bass I wanna use different foams on it like multi hole full foam, without having massive-bloated bass with a tight seal.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #33,048 of 75,134
Whoa - thanks! That was quite the trip with the Svara's! (I don't think that you'd be disappointed).

Btw I love the 1More triple driver over ears, and just got tripped out over your video again with them lol. But I didn't know about the 1More EO320's earbuds. How do you like them? You say they are dark?

IMO 1More EO320 are so warm and dark, the treble is cut out, that takes away detail. It reminds me a bit of the Qian39 but without having the voices highlighted. Analog sounds, like connected in a valve amp.
It's fine for some occasions. But I need more clarity, separation, detail, soundstage.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #33,049 of 75,134
IMO 1More EO320 are so warm and dark, the treble is cut out, that takes away detail. It reminds me a bit of the Qian39 but without having the voices highlighted. Analog sounds, like connected in a valve amp.
It's fine for some occasions. But I need more clarity, separation, detail, soundstage.

Gotcha, thanks.

Jul 17, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #33,051 of 75,134

Here's a (mostly) percussion mix, that will also highlight the Bass response of your earbuds -

Jul 18, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #33,053 of 75,134
20180718_110644.jpg
All willsound!
Upper row: MX32, PK16, PK32 with new white/grey? Vent filter version (all loaners from Willy)
Lower row: MK300 with 8 braided silver cable, MK300 standard with balanced jack, and PK32 with black vent filter (all mine :jecklinsmile:)

Jul 18, 2018 at 4:47 AM Post #33,054 of 75,134

All willsound!
Upper row: MX32, PK16, PK32 with new white/grey? Vent filter version (all loaners from Willy)
Lower row: MK300 with 8 braided silver cable, MK300 standard with balanced jack, and PK32 with black vent filter (all mine :jecklinsmile:)

Wow, two MK300s and two PK32s, I can take one off you if you like :D
In all seriousness, how do they all compare to one another and the other Willsound earbuds?
Is the MX32 also a Willsound earbud?

Jul 18, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #33,055 of 75,134
Wow, two MK300s and two PK32s, I can take one off you if you like :D
In all seriousness, how do they all compare to one another and the other Willsound earbuds?
Is the MX32 also a Willsound earbud?

only the three below are actually mine though, the upper rows are loaners, so that's two MK300 and one PK32 :grin:

the newer PK32 with white filters have more powerful bass, while the old one is more linear (other aspects more or less the same).
PK16 is good, nice tuning, similar to the PK32 and easier to drive. the PK32 have a bit more smoother and resolving treble,while the PK16 treble is slightly more rough.
MK300, well, to me this is just tuned right. right amount of bass, mids, treble everything that i can't really complain. this is personal taste, mind you. this is a really good all arounder for me (enough for me to buy two of them)
MX32 is a bit V Shaped, powerful bass and treble, also the mid sounds nicely separated from the other spectrum. not my cup of tea though

Jul 18, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #33,056 of 75,134
Just received the Shozy XB this evening and it's already problematic out of the box...

The cable at the plug area has already oxidised quite badly and I foresee the rest of the cable turning green soon. Sound wise only took a short listen and it's nothing to shout about. A tad too boomy and warm for my tastes, but maybe I'm just spoilt by my Willsound collection.

The oxidisation will make it a pain for me to try and sell it off in the future, so I'm currently negotiating with the seller to try and top up the difference and exchange for another higher end earbud...

Jul 18, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #33,057 of 75,134
Just received my EBX today !
Was so excited and hyped until I give a quick listen before going back to work and... DAMN ! I feel so unlucky.. :frowning2:
The "R" (right) driver unit is defective. No bass at all and the sound is definitely not a the same level volume as the other unit (L).
A bit disapointed by this QC, but I'm pretty sure that Jim will arrange that situation.
Difficult to judge SQ from only 1 driver, but it looks to sound very good (I heard some details that I never heard from my WIllsounds until now in one of my favorite tracks!), so it looks very promising! but for now, I will have to put them in the box until a solution arrives :frowning2:

Jul 18, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #33,058 of 75,134
Would anyone know if Auglamour RX-1 with the standard cable is balanceable, that is it has 4 wires going to the jack? Asking as I would need to put a new balanced jack on it myself. And for example the new, cheaper diy Graphene has only 3 wires from the splitter to the jack

Jul 18, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #33,059 of 75,134
only the three below are actually mine though, the upper rows are loaners, so that's two MK300 and one PK32 :grin:

the newer PK32 with white filters have more powerful bass, while the old one is more linear (other aspects more or less the same).
PK16 is good, nice tuning, similar to the PK32 and easier to drive. the PK32 have a bit more smoother and resolving treble,while the PK16 treble is slightly more rough.
MK300, well, to me this is just tuned right. right amount of bass, mids, treble everything that i can't really complain. this is personal taste, mind you. this is a really good all arounder for me (enough for me to buy two of them)
MX32 is a bit V Shaped, powerful bass and treble, also the mid sounds nicely separated from the other spectrum. not my cup of tea though
Nice, the new pk32 has a grey filter over the tuning foam yeah. Also you may have noticed the foams are different than original pk32 full foam. More like a cottony texture than pourous sponge-foam.

This level of bass I consider enough to balance the sound, any less is bass light in my books so it's a worthy improvement.

Jul 18, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #33,060 of 75,134
Just received my EBX today !
Was so excited and hyped until I give a quick listen before going back to work and... DAMN ! I feel so unlucky.. :frowning2:
The "R" (right) driver unit is defective. No bass at all and the sound is definitely not a the same level volume as the other unit (L).
A bit disapointed by this QC, but I'm pretty sure that Jim will arrange that situation.
Difficult to judge SQ from only 1 driver, but it looks to sound very good (I heard some details that I never heard from my WIllsounds until now in one of my favorite tracks!), so it looks very promising! but for now, I will have to put them in the box until a solution arrives :frowning2:

Either we're both just unlucky, or Chinese earbuds QC are just lacking these days... :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back