1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. seanc6441
    @spidey84
    Not sure if many here own both actually, but if you piece together separate info you could generalise and say the EBX is brighter and lighter sound, has a bigger soundstage. I think it was also described as musical and relaxed/not too aggressively tuned.

The BK would be more full lush mids, forward vocals and a more intimate soundstage. It’s got an analog quality sounding slightly warm but very natural and airy at the same time.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    spidey84 likes this.
  2. wskl
    I just saw this on Willsound's FB page.

[​IMG]

groucho69, ctaxxxx, euge and 5 others like this.
  3. snip3r77
    Looking for an upgrade from graphene. Any recommendations?

4. spidey84
    Thanks for the reply, thats about what i found also based on various reviews both are considered all-rounder for various genres. Probably will get EBX due to ability to change cables and lower price.

5. Matarro
    The sale on EBX is tempting but NiceHCK seems to have some problems shipping to Sweden. EBX would be 60 dollars shipping, even more ridiculous is 48 dollars to ship Graphenes. Very annoying, I was able to order PT15 with normal shipping two months ago. I suspect this is because of recent events with the Swedish post office.

Hopefully I'll be able to find a solution, otherwise I think I might take a chance on Hyck100.

Also, did anyone try these? https://m.fr.aliexpress.com/item/32567810690.html?spm=a2g0n.store-home-cache.0.0.5c297910QCazbB

6. noknok23
    Ironically, the few feedbacks I read from chitty store weren't favorable at all. But you never know... this could be a hidden gem

7. RuFrost
    What has happened with Swedish post office?

8. jrazmar
    +1 on the EBX vs Shozy BK comparison.

9. ClieOS Contributor
  10. Danneq

Advice from a fellow Swede: keep in mind that Postnord will add a 75 kr fee and import taxes to ALL packages coming from China to Sweden from the 1st of March.

I still bought an Android TV box from Geekbuying a few weeks ago. If my calculations are correct I would still pay around 150 kr less with customs fee and import taxes than if I bought the same item from a European seller...

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  11. Danneq
    From the 1st of March ALL packages arriving from China (well actually from outside Europe) will be subjected to customs fee and import taxes.

That used to be the case with you bought something with a value over $50 (or something around that). And you could always convince the seller to write $10 as value and not need to pay the fee and import taxes. Now packages starting with $1 will be subjected to that. Swedes have bought a lot of stuff from Chinese sellers and Postnord has been overloaded with work. That might be a way to reduce the influx of packages.

No more budget earbuds for me sadly. Sometimes I buy DVDs, Blu rays and CDs from the US and I wonder if that will also be affected. Probably will...

RuFrost likes this.
  12. spidey84
  13. Matarro
    What Danneq said.

Yep, that sux. Ordering cheap things one at a time is a bad idea at the moment. :frowning2: I actually got my Vidos after the 1st of March and didn't have to pay for it so I guess it slipped through.

14. kurtextrem
    Everytime there's a sale on Ali I'm like "I need to buy something, I need I need!!!" but then I look at my earbuds (Shozy BK and Penon BS1) and I think "what could be better than those two" (under 150$ cost).

I mean the EBX and Samsara look nice, but all rankings I see have either BK on a similar level or rate the BS1 higher, so why should I buy them :frowning2:

Anyone else feeling like this?

15. seanc6441
    Well the K300 Samara is gonna be $91 so you have to ask yourself what could be better for under $95 :D

Joking aside, if you are happy with your collection (the bk and bs1 compliment each other nicely) then stay clear of the sale!

I feel like the Samsara and BS1 are pretty comparable SQ from what I’ve heard and both of them aren’t too much ahead of the Rose Masya so I don’t feel like I NEED the samsara but the price is pretty convincing so who knows what will happen ^^

Honestly I wish the liebesleid was on sale...I’d probably go for it if that was the case.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018