1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbuds Round-Up

1. tayo15
    From 30-50 dollar range, best earbuds I can buy? Past purchases I have had monk + and headroom ms16. I heavily disliked the monk plus. I greatly enjoyed the ms16. The ms16 had comfort issues but it had the closest sound signature I wanted. Spacious soundstage. Mids were emphasized with decent low end and decent high end. I would classify it as a very mid bright headphone.

2. Ceteru
    You can't tell me what to do! :joy:

groucho69 likes this.
  3. chinmie
    try VX Pro

4. WC Annihilus
    Initially I thought it was a separate issue as I heard both the clicking and something more like static, but I also hear it when the buds aren't plugged into anything so it was probably both the cable hitting the housing and microphonics. Wearing over ear has largely eliminated it, thanks!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    seanc6441 and B9Scrambler like this.
  5. Mezzi
    the FAAEAL Snow Lotus 2.0 is no joke.

They go head to head with the EMX500 run off an iphone
    Destroy the EMX500 off a DAP or headphone amp.

Very addicting sub bass, super clear highs. VERY natural vocal sound
    Soundstage isn't super wide but wide enough.

I bought the FAAEAL's and once my girlfriend heard them, she stole em :)
    So I bought another.

FAAEAL Snow Lotus 2.0
    EMX500 (Clear Shells)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  6. haiku
    It´s on the way to me right now, hehehe! :wink:

seanc6441, HungryPanda and golov17 like this.
  7. rkw
    I like the PMV B01 Aoede, $35 from Amazon (fast shipping with Prime) or $29 from Penon. It was highly praised when it came out but has been lost among all the new models that keep coming out. $30-$50 is an awkward middle range. People in this thread tend to pursue either very low price models or higher end TOTL and contenders.

[​IMG]

mbwilson111 and golov17 like this.
  8. tayo15
    Of course lol. This isn't my first rodeo. I have purchased so many headphones and I know how easily one can slip into the wallet hole. It's just that chifi is coming along so well that sometimes something new comes out and everyone starts recommending them. I have as my main gaming pair HD 700 modded with audio house kit with RS 180 pads. Give it a warm bassy tone. I've purchased a ton of headphones from HD 580, ad900x, mad dogs 3.2, mdr 1000x, momentum 2, NAD hp50, Audeze sine, B&O h6 2nd gen. List goes on an on. For commuting my fave pair is etymiotic hf5 , planning to upgrade those to the more higher end ones.

9. seanc6441
    Honestly you are describing the penon bs1 official somewhat. It’s got that slight upper mid emphasis that gives a brighter presentation in the mids. If worn with thin foams I would call them bright and clear, but with a nice full bass presentation and clean lower mids. The soundstage is very spacious if worn over ear (I mean effortlessly large and airy) and the imaging is excellent at portraying 3D of sense positioning being equally as deep as it is wide. Pity they cost $99 because they sound exactly like what you are looking for.

Although the pmv aoede looks like a good suggestion within your price range.

10. groucho69
    Um, no. You write "The left shell is red in color while the right shell is blue in color." This is not correct. :cold_sweat:

11. seanc6441
    Show some respect for persons with inverted ears :wink: hehe

groucho69 likes this.
  12. groucho69
    Vulcan????

13. audio123
    Thanks! My bad, I have updated it!
    Cheers mate. Appreciate for taking the time to read! Hope it helps! :)

groucho69 likes this.
  14. seanc6441
    Ok I had to google it because I’m not a star trek fan lol. I assume you’re talking about this?!

15. groucho69
    Spock_with_earpiece.jpg

golov17 and seanc6441 like this.