Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 13, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #28,952 of 74,998
From 30-50 dollar range, best earbuds I can buy? Past purchases I have had monk + and headroom ms16. I heavily disliked the monk plus. I greatly enjoyed the ms16. The ms16 had comfort issues but it had the closest sound signature I wanted. Spacious soundstage. Mids were emphasized with decent low end and decent high end. I would classify it as a very mid bright headphone.

Mar 13, 2018 at 11:27 PM Post #28,954 of 74,998
From 30-50 dollar range, best earbuds I can buy? Past purchases I have had monk + and headroom ms16. I heavily disliked the monk plus. I greatly enjoyed the ms16. The ms16 had comfort issues but it had the closest sound signature I wanted. Spacious soundstage. Mids were emphasized with decent low end and decent high end. I would classify it as a very mid bright headphone.

try VX Pro

Mar 13, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #28,955 of 74,998
Since they don't have proper strain relief going into the shells, just those colored metal extensions, I found the cable to wiggle around and make mild clicks when it touched the sides. Never loud enough to bother me though.

Try them over ear, if it is the cable microphonics or clicking off the shell then that should be eliminated by wearing them this way for now.
Initially I thought it was a separate issue as I heard both the clicking and something more like static, but I also hear it when the buds aren't plugged into anything so it was probably both the cable hitting the housing and microphonics. Wearing over ear has largely eliminated it, thanks!

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 12:08 AM Post #28,956 of 74,998
the FAAEAL Snow Lotus 2.0 is no joke.

They go head to head with the EMX500 run off an iphone
Destroy the EMX500 off a DAP or headphone amp.

Very addicting sub bass, super clear highs. VERY natural vocal sound
Soundstage isn't super wide but wide enough.

I bought the FAAEAL's and once my girlfriend heard them, she stole em :)
So I bought another.

FAAEAL Snow Lotus 2.0
EMX500 (Clear Shells)

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #28,957 of 74,998
9952928.jpg

Cygnus Limited, came after BK and before BK Blue. This is rarer than the BK blue, so I guess most don't remember or know about it.

It´s on the way to me right now, hehehe! :wink:

Mar 14, 2018 at 2:41 AM Post #28,958 of 74,998
I like the PMV B01 Aoede, $35 from Amazon (fast shipping with Prime) or $29 from Penon. It was highly praised when it came out but has been lost among all the new models that keep coming out. $30-$50 is an awkward middle range. People in this thread tend to pursue either very low price models or higher end TOTL and contenders.

B01-700x700.JPG

Mar 14, 2018 at 4:31 AM Post #28,959 of 74,998
I like the PMV B01 Aoede, $35 from Amazon (fast shipping with Prime) or $29 from Penon. It was highly praised when it came out but has been lost among all the new models that keep coming out. $30-$50 is an awkward middle range. People in this thread tend to pursue either very low price models or higher end TOTL and contenders.

B01-700x700.JPG
Of course lol. This isn't my first rodeo. I have purchased so many headphones and I know how easily one can slip into the wallet hole. It's just that chifi is coming along so well that sometimes something new comes out and everyone starts recommending them. I have as my main gaming pair HD 700 modded with audio house kit with RS 180 pads. Give it a warm bassy tone. I've purchased a ton of headphones from HD 580, ad900x, mad dogs 3.2, mdr 1000x, momentum 2, NAD hp50, Audeze sine, B&O h6 2nd gen. List goes on an on. For commuting my fave pair is etymiotic hf5 , planning to upgrade those to the more higher end ones.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #28,960 of 74,998
Honestly you are describing the penon bs1 official somewhat. It’s got that slight upper mid emphasis that gives a brighter presentation in the mids. If worn with thin foams I would call them bright and clear, but with a nice full bass presentation and clean lower mids. The soundstage is very spacious if worn over ear (I mean effortlessly large and airy) and the imaging is excellent at portraying 3D of sense positioning being equally as deep as it is wide. Pity they cost $99 because they sound exactly like what you are looking for.

Although the pmv aoede looks like a good suggestion within your price range.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #28,961 of 74,998
I am trying to position it well for the photo haha

Um, no. You write "The left shell is red in color while the right shell is blue in color." This is not correct. :cold_sweat:

Mar 14, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #28,963 of 74,998
Mar 14, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #28,964 of 74,998
Um, no. You write "The left shell is red in color while the right shell is blue in color." This is not correct. :cold_sweat:
Thanks! My bad, I have updated it!
Cheers mate. Appreciate for taking the time to read! Hope it helps! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back