Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 4, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #25,621 of 75,077
I just realize the same seller of the black foam also have white and red color. The mentioned weight is same at 10 gram (not sure whole 100pcs as 10 gram?). Anybody tried it yet?

http://s.aliexpress.com/veQJVBVj
I am having a problem with this seller. I ordered one pack of 100 black foams, and one pack of 100 white foams. The seller messaged me to say that the packages were shipped separately and for me "not to worry about it." The black foams arrived, and the white foams never did. The seller is now asking for pictures: how can I take a picture of a package that never arrived? They were only a couple of dollars so I'm not losing sleep over it, but just a word of caution.

Dec 4, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #25,622 of 75,077
For anyone who bought the NiceHCK Graphene but found the tonality too cold / analytical I really recommend applying a full foam + donut foam on top of the full foam.
This makes it seal better and brings up the mid-bass, plus it balances the treble with the mids to make it sound warmer and overall more balanced. The bass becomes less tight and it hurts the imaging slightly but it's worth it for the warmer tonality, and the soundstage is still great. I find these almost as enjoyable as full size senn hd598s :) very impressive for mere earbuds!

i find that its rather bright tonality. just that its not sharp in resolution. everything seems to come off one large sound. when u say full foam what foams are u referring too?

Dec 4, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #25,623 of 75,077
I am having a problem with this seller. I ordered one pack of 100 black foams, and one pack of 100 white foams. The seller messaged me to say that the packages were shipped separately and for me "not to worry about it." The black foams arrived, and the white foams never did. The seller is now asking for pictures: how can I take a picture of a package that never arrived? They were only a couple of dollars so I'm not losing sleep over it, but just a word of caution.
are these the same as the monk thin foams?

Dec 5, 2017 at 3:09 AM Post #25,630 of 75,077
then pk2/pk2s will sound good. I have diy pk2 but i bought dsqm pk2s from nicehck because apparently it has better bass for more balanced sound.

So i cannot say if dsqm pk2s is better than the original but I do love the original so I think I will love the new version too.

Up to you but my suggestion would be to try either pk2 or dsqm pk2s both from nicehck.

on the description it says...

dsqm pk2s: 32 ohm 117 db sensitivity

pk2: 16 ohm 106 db sensitivity

hmm I really can’t tell which will drive easier but 16 ohm sounds better but higher db sensitivity is usually more efficient.

Maybe both drive well through mobile, would need more opinions on that.
i didnt found pk2s from aliexpress..only found DQSM Z&W panda pk2s..can give me link for this one?

Dec 5, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #25,631 of 75,077

Added the blutack just under the foam at the top and pressed with my thumb to push the foam forward slightly at the top. Now the seal is perfect and bass has come alive.

This are without a doubt the best i’ve heard out of my shozy bk now.

Everything is a 10/10 imo. Soundstage is now a wonderful medium-large size but presents as close with great imaging and a slightly airier sound than before. Nothing sounds too distant or too close to my ears, everything is within very tight margins but easily discernible in location thanks to the imaging on these things being excellent.

I cannot improve upon these anymore other than to update my source but these sound great out of my phone now too.

No more congested sound like from the heigi donuts or no rough texture and over emphasised treble from the monk thin I had before.

Really happy listening to this now, sooooo gooooood lol
Wanna mass produce those foams? Need them too :D

Dec 5, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #25,632 of 75,077
I'm still trawling through this thread and currently in August 2016. I have a couple of questions.

VE Nirvana - what happened here? Clearly hotly anticipated from way back.

Elibuds - had a look at their Fb page and shop, but it's empty. Do they only make batches of buds for group buys?

Dec 5, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #25,633 of 75,077
SOLD

Attachments

• fz1.JPG
    fz1.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 5, 2017 at 3:56 AM Post #25,634 of 75,077

Users who are viewing this thread

Back