Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 23, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #25,111 of 61,272

seanc6441

Headphoneus Supremus
I was going to moan about the lack of deliveries when my Hiegi foams and Colarad C01 dropped through the door. I'll try the foams out on my BK this weekend.
The only foam combination that completely satisfied me, actually it’s perfect for me
8AC8C550-807D-48E7-8E8A-5E5664E1BA8A.jpeg

Now I have to explain that this took surgical precision to create but if your not quiet satisfied with your stardust try this out.

image.jpg

This is an example using other foams, for the masya I used both original monk thin foams.

On the left is a foam cut into a donut

and on the right is a foam cut into a donut AND into a flat disk, so it has no foam to wrap around the earbud, just sit on the front.

The idea is to put the disk inside the donut then put both on the earbud. This way you get a double thickness foam without the loss of clarity associated with dense heigi foams, you also don’t lose that great seal from the thin foam because it’s still only one foam wide, the extra depth of the layered foams also give a better seal improving the SQ.

I’m using this combo on ALL of my earbuds now because of how effective it is.

...it’s just a b€&@! to fit without a tweezers and patience. It won’t always work on first try but once it’s fitted I have not noticed it falling out ever.

Try at your own curiosity... they need to manufacture foams like this to buy, normal foams are never ‘right’.

Nov 23, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #25,112 of 61,272

seanc6441

Headphoneus Supremus
Thanks, I just known that it is smaller than apple earpods (very first gen) (16.0mm), Pk-shell (16.1-16.3mm) and typical MX shell (16.9mm), therefore mostly Asian ears which have smaller ear than western are preferable.
You need to add like 2 foams to get a good fit in my experience so the size in reality is betweenpk shell and mx500 shell.

It’s not the diameter of masya that’s the issue, it’s the thickness of the front driver shell, it’s so thin that it will fall out of your ear without double foams.

My ears aren’t that small but the pk shell just fits everybody in my experience, nothing comes close.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #25,113 of 61,272

KookaBurrra

100+ Head-Fier
He wasn’t wrong about the BS1 it’s a pretty good earbud for the price. I own it so I’ll let you know an unbiased opinion of it’s flaws :)

Maybe, I do not know, I believe you. ^-^

But he posted a lot of reviews on many earbuds and it's the same every time: more an infomercial than a real criticism... the world of Care Bears (to not annoy any supplier?)!
Just take a look on his review and said me your opinion https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/member/bloodypenguin.193679/ After a while, this is no longer believable, in my opinion, an it's just MY feeling on it! :-/

- vocals don’t come out infront of the mids, so they do lack an excitement on tracks that don’t emphasise the vocals, although they do sound clear and relatively detailed.
- The soundstage is wide but lacks depth. So you get a nice space for instruments but they don’t have great expansion on atmospheric tracks.
This earbud would be good for pop and acoustic music, other genres would lack some excitement with it’s presentation.

The sound experience is quite wonderful. There is an immediate silky playback, that gives the mids a front seat, making way for some epic vocals. Bass is very much present, but is not boomy. Instead the lows go for subtle, accurate rumble. Highs are just darn near perfect for my liking. Rolling off the treble long before they can get anywhere near harsh, but without giving up detail. There is abundant clarity throughout all frequencies. Overall this is a VERY enjoyable earbud.

You give reservations, faults, bad points ... And what about him? It only says the positive things that make pretty and envy. Like in a ad, not like in a impartial review! It is boring to read and misleading. I have to said it, sorry.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #25,114 of 61,272

Paradoxus

Head-Fier
Just wanted to chime in and extend my gratitude to all here who have helped.

Today my Svara L arrived (i requested for the "Svara" logo imprinted on the cover instead of the escase one). Have no idea what the impedence is. For some reason, the bass is absolutely not what i was expecting. I've only listened for a very short while, but I seem to prefer the bass from my EMX500 and Vidos. The Svara build, while nice, is extremely odd, and maybe I'm not getting a proper fit. They seem much bigger than the PK shells. Does anyone have any suggestions?

A couple of pages back, I shared that I was looking for basshead earbuds, and now have the EMX500, Vido, TY HiZ 32, TY HiZ 150, VE Monks+, and some others. Am really looking forward to receiving my Campfred 2s! Herry just shipped them out today and was so kind to send a pic as well (I requested for L plug and a slider).

23736126_506812036356510_8458463824528870555_o.jpg

Nov 23, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #25,115 of 61,272

seanc6441

Headphoneus Supremus
Maybe, I do not know, I believe you. ^-^

But he posted a lot of reviews on many earbuds and it's the same every time: more an infomercial than a real criticism... the world of Care Bears (to not annoy any supplier?)!
Just take a look on his review and said me your opinion https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/member/bloodypenguin.193679/ After a while, this is no longer believable, in my opinion, an it's just MY feeling on it! :-/

You give reservations, faults, bad points ... And what about him? It only says the positive things that make pretty and envy. Like in a ad, not like in a impartial review! It is boring to read and misleading. I have to said it, sorry.
I don’t disagree with any of your points. I’m always suspicious when people ‘waltz’ in give a review and aren’t seen until the next one. When every post feels like a promotion then you know somethings up. But it’s up to us to have our BS radar activated if need be, and let others come to the same conclusion.

Every single review on headfi that the item was received “for free/for a discount” has the potential to be biased. I think it’s up to the users themselves to try discern what sounds like objective reviewing and what doesn’t.

Weighing multiple reviews of the same item is usually a good way of finding out a true reflection of the product. Like if all the reviews say the earbud has good bass then it probably has good bass. Go with the majority of answers and cut out the outliers!

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #25,116 of 61,272

KookaBurrra

100+ Head-Fier
I don’t disagree with any of your points. I’m always suspicious when people ‘waltz’ in give a review and aren’t seen until the next one. When every post feels like a promotion then you know somethings up. But it’s up to us to have our BS radar activated if need be, and let others come to the same conclusion.

Every single review on headfi that the item was received “for free/for a discount” has the potential to be biased. I think it’s up to the users themselves to try discern what sounds like objective reviewing and what doesn’t.

Totally agree with you!

Nov 23, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #25,118 of 61,272

groucho69

Headphoneus Supremus
All @BloodyPenguin reviews looks like an advertisement. Never faults, never bad, really?
Free earbuds against sweet words? I must say that I do not like to see this here... (just my opinion, of course!!)

You are always able to add your own review.

Nov 23, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #25,120 of 61,272

waynes world

Headphoneus Supremus
The only foam combination that completely satisfied me, actually it’s perfect for me

My ears are itchy just looking at that! :wink:

Nov 23, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #25,121 of 61,272

BrunoC

100+ Head-Fier
Yes, people should judge for themselves.
I understand that many people get excited when they receive a brand new earbud, so there's always a bias there due to the "new toy" effect. That's because we're humans.
I'm not referring to anyone in particular.

IMO the only relevant reviews are those that analyse the GOOD and BAD points.

Nov 23, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #25,122 of 61,272

romanov89

New Head-Fier
Im new here. Seeing cleos collection is like wondering if i have the life to try them all out.

Anw, just obtain ve monk plus candy. Im in search of high impedance earbud But cheap.. not super cheap like ve monk..

Is there any?

Anw im pairing up with cayin c5

Nov 23, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #25,123 of 61,272

waynes world

Headphoneus Supremus
Im new here. Seeing cleos collection is like wondering if i have the life to try them all out.

Anw, just obtain ve monk plus candy. Im in search of high impedance earbud But cheap.. not super cheap like ve monk..

Is there any?

Seahf AWK-F150C High Impedance In Ear Earphone are driven very nicely off of the C5 (especially if you're looking for a lot more bass).

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #25,124 of 61,272

noknok23

500+ Head-Fier
high impedance earbud But cheap
K's 300 is one to think of
@Santojob Penon audio is an honest seller and I think he will be willing to re send you an unit or refund if you message him.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #25,125 of 61,272

j4100

500+ Head-Fier

Is there any?

I'll also recommend the Seahf AWK-F150C. Really like this one. For the price, I don't see any downsides to it (for my tastes).

Users who are viewing this thread