Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 8, 2017 at 9:47 AM Post #24,526 of 75,134
@zato23 Well I have some bad news, I think the masya edges out the cygnus on metal (just listened to two tracks). Masya’s quicker attack and cleaner bass makes it sound sharper and the soundstage is awesome. Cygnus has a hard time dealing with the speed and soundstage isn’t as big to handle the congestion of metal. It’s not bad just not wow amazing whereas the masya is quite pleasing on metal tracks for a vocal earbud.

On rock Cygnus is better, more full and vivid. End of story.

Stardust is the best of both worlds... but pricey.

I still think the cygnus will satisfy most tracks but if you want the ultimate separation and space in metal look elsewhere.

Thank you ,that make my choice easier as i like the uniqe design of Masya
Probably i will go for Masya's and if i dont like them i will try to sell them and buy the stardust
Thanks again

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #24,527 of 75,134
Thank you ,that make my choice easier as i like the uniqe design of Masya
Probably i will go for Masya's and if i dont like them i will try to sell them and buy the stardust
Thanks again
Masya is excellent clean sound with deep bass and clear high’s. It’s just the vocals that are thin and bright, not my taste.

If you prefer warm sound don’t buy the masya, but if clarity and neutrality are your thing masya is a good choice.

If you can stretch to the stardust price, it’s the best of masya and cygnus in one earbud. I recommend it as a long term solution to excellent sound.

Nov 8, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #24,529 of 75,134
Masya is excellent clean sound with deep bass and clear high’s. It’s just the vocals that are thin and bright, not my taste.

If you prefer warm sound don’t buy the masya, but if clarity and neutrality are your thing masya is a good choice.

If you can stretch to the stardust price, it’s the best of masya and cygnus in one earbud. I recommend it as a long term solution to excellent sound.

As the stardust dont have big discount on 11/11 i will wait to raise some funds and go for it
Thanks

Nov 8, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #24,530 of 75,134
As the stardust dont have big discount on 11/11 i will wait to raise some funds and go for it
Thanks
You will not be disappointed. Clioes has it ranked at #3 on top earbuds list. The build quality is premium as is the sound.

EDIT: This probably doesn’t instill much confidence in my opinion but after ABing the Masya and Stardust with Rock/Metal/Punk I’ll conclude the following.

Rock - Stardust > Masya
Metal - Masya > Stardust
Punk Stardust = Masya (depends on the track or sub genre)

Masya undoubtedly can handle the congestion of metal and punk like a pro. Vocals don’t shine through, but everything is clear and well defined.

Stardust can also handle MOST tracks, but in comparison to the masya it stuggles for overly congested pieces where every gets a little overwhelming. Vocals are better fuller and more detailed but that doesn’t always benefit metal (punk more so but not massively).

If you’re looking for a perfect sound for all three genre’s maybe ask someone with other earbuds in that price range who listen to metal/punk.

My music tastes revolve around Radiohead, Pink Floyd types of prog and alternative rock mostly for which the stardust excels.

Gun to face I’d say buy the Masya, but I know you’ll either love or hate the vocals unless you find a perfect source for the best synergy.

Damn, this isn’t helpful at all is it lol.

What’s your source? Maybe that will help us more.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #24,531 of 75,134
@zato23 ^^^^^update above please read it before you spend your money!

Just ran them both out of my new laptop. Laptop has a punchier bass but neutral overall sound.

Masya vocals have thickened nicely, but the whole overall sound is very smooth maybe too smooth for metal and punk.

Stardust has gained a little bit of space on metal punk tracks but bass is still abit wholly/slow for metal or punk.

On the laptop it’s 50/50 depending on TRACK rather than genre now. This isn’t an easy decision lol.

I see that Masya is €75 during 11.11 for black original version. At that price I’d keep that as my first choice with the right source it will sing.

The source is too important to ignore.

Source?

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #24,533 of 75,134
Your posts are very helpful

My source are portable devices like fiio x5 III ,xduoo X10 ,xduoo x3 ,zishan Z1
After your A/B test and HungryPanda comment i think Masya would be great for me

I have some days to think which one to choose

Thank you very much for everything

oh you have many sources, get the masya and find which of your DAP’s will suit it best.

I haven’t used my masya for weeks because it sucked on my iphone 6s. It’s going to be my main earbud for my laptop now. Sounds 10x better. Shozy for my phone sounds excellent.

Masya it is. I have found a great foam combo for it on aliexpress if you’re interested. 75 is a great price for masya. Enjoy

Nov 8, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #24,534 of 75,134
oh you have many sources, get the masya and find which of your DAP’s will suit it best.

I haven’t used my masya for weeks because it sucked on my iphone 6s. It’s going to be my main earbud for my laptop now. Sounds 10x better. Shozy for my phone sounds excellent.

Masya it is. I have found a great foam combo for it on aliexpress if you’re interested. 75 is a great price for masya. Enjoy

Thanks
send me the aliexpress link for foam

Nov 8, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #24,536 of 75,134
Thanks
send me the aliexpress link for foam

VE Monk thin foams on first, then on top use this full foam but cut a hole to make it donut. It's a foam recommended by Golov for clarity in between monk thin and normal full foam.

Here's the link to the VE monk ex pack https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ven...ne-Hifi-Headphone-Still-5USD/32417311324.html

And here's the link the second foams for donut (100pcs) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...p-Ear-Pads-Cover-Replacement/32790634729.html

You're going to laugh when you see he price of the second foams (or maybe cry when you see the price of ve monk ex pack after shipping.

Overall this is giving me the best results on a source like my laptop where I do not have to compensate for thin vocals with thick foams. Now everything it clear, punchy and detailed but has a nice warmth and fullness I didn't realise the masya even was cable of.

Nov 8, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #24,540 of 75,134
Your posts are very helpful

My source are portable devices like fiio x5 III ,xduoo X10 ,xduoo x3 ,zishan Z1
After your A/B test and HungryPanda comment i think Masya would be great for me

I have some days to think which one to choose

Thank you very much for everything

zato23, send all of your daps over to @seanc6441. I would love to read about his experiences comparing all of his new earbuds with all of those sources! If anyone has some good dacs and amps for seanc to use on his desktop, send'em over as well!

tenor.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back