Earbuds Request
Oct 24, 2016 at 10:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Crillion

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a pair of earbuds that long story short, are indestructible. I've had numerous brands, but they have all broken within a month or two. They need to be strong enough to stuff in a pocket and take out again with no issues. Also, there can be no silicone pieces that can fall off really easily. This probably has rendered dozens of pairs of earbuds useless to me.

Oct 25, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #2 of 3
I'm looking for a pair of earbuds that long story short, are indestructible. I've had numerous brands, but they have all broken within a month or two. They need to be strong enough to stuff in a pocket and take out again with no issues. Also, there can be no silicone pieces that can fall off really easily. This probably has rendered dozens of pairs of earbuds useless to me.

It is easy enough to get replacement tips. How do you usually break earphones? For me, breaking an earphone is something that might happen on average only  once every 7 years or so. First of all, the lowest priced ones tend to have much poorer build quality. If you want durability, then choose something with a replaceable cord. The Mee M6 pro is one of the least expensive ones with a replaceable cable. it comes with two cables, one with a mic and remote, and one without them.

Oct 25, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #3 of 3
Yeah I have not had too many problems in many years of IEM use including tough work environment- agree it sounds like you would be well served by modifying a few of your usage habits unless you dont mind repeating this cycle ad infinitum....

Otherwise maybe look for some sports oriented earphones, some like yurbuds and sennheiser have weird integrated tips that shouldn't fall off so easily. If you really want to go all out could get something like Aurisonics Rockets, they're expensive and increasingly hard to find (and the stock tips can fall off), but sound nice and this was part of their marketing:

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAC3jcRamCY[/VIDEO]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back