Earbuds always breaking in the same way
May 21, 2014 at 3:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ClArityArts

New Head-Fier
I have seen similar questions on here before but i want to know if anybody has any clue as to why my ear-buds always stop working in one ear then both. i have sol republic amps HD that i paid $130 for and i make sure to take excellent care of them. putting them in their case after every use, not pulling on the cables etc. and there is no clear reason as to why this is happening. any help would be much appreciated.

May 21, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #3 of 6
Maybe it's a problem with the L-jacks. The IEMs that I got with my Galaxy Note 2 are quite durable, if I do say so myself. I never use a zip-up case, and I sometimes pull the jack from the cable instead of the jack itself. I've been using them for about a year this way, and they're not broken yet.

May 21, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #5 of 6
It sounds like stresses in your bag or pocket are causing this when you're listening, perhaps.

If you're handy with a soldering iron you can always trim and put a new plug on -

http://www.neutrik.co.uk/en-uk/plugs-jacks/35-mm-right-angle-stereo-plug/

I got one of these to replace an old XLR connector I got on some 2nd hand headphones I received - they're great quality if you're handy, the connections are fairly small. These have great strain relief so may solve the issue or at least get your earphones lasting longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back