1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Earbud tricks?

1. Mhog55
    I picked up some Ty Hi-z 150 ohm earbuds, and frankly, I'm impressed. I did not see that coming.
    I'm wanting to mostly use these for running. I can't bring myself to cover the pads on any of my cans with sweat. The problem is that they won't stay in my ears, especially the left side. I know I'll get the just get some IEMs responses, but I can't do in ear. Plus, for 20 bucks, these little buds are glorious.
    So are there any tricks to fatten these up so they stay put? I thought about adding another donut over the existing donut, but I'm worried that might kill the sound. Are there any better / thicker foamies available anywhere? Preferably of better quality, that doesn't tear so easily.

2. buke9
    Well I’m the opposite I can’t stand earbuds at all after about an hour they just hurt my ears. I would think there is a pair of in ears you could handle but since you said you can’t you should look at Yurbuds. I haven’t tried them and won’t but if you are dead set on buds might be a place to start.

3. toofee
    [​IMG] Will these hooks help?

serman005 likes this.
  4. Mhog55
    I don't know. Only one way to find out. Where can I source these bad boys?

5. toofee
    Search "earphones hooks" on Amazon, you will find some

6. Mhog55
    Thanks