Earbud target curve tests
Feb 25, 2021 at 2:23 AM Post #302 of 318
Thanks so much for all your work. Can't wait to try it out.
When you say 10k limit. It means it doesn't go beyond? That's cool.
I just want soemthing smooth

Yes, it's a 10k ceiling. I used to correct across the entire spectrum 20hz to 20k but decided the leave the post 10k FR alone since most of the weakness in stock tuning has to do with a premature pinna gain and mid-bass bloom. After those two things are fixed, most stock tuned buds sound 3x better, easily.

Feb 25, 2021 at 2:28 AM Post #303 of 318
Thanks so much for all your work. Can't wait to try it out.
When you say 10k limit. It means it doesn't go beyond? That's cool.
I just want soemthing smooth
one more thing re: the EM5, I think you mentioned that there were a few recommendations to pass on it? I think the negative sentiment is related to two things, generally:

1. The EM5 requires some serious burn-in. clieos recommends 200 hours. I wasn't a believer in burn-in (other than brain burn-in) until the EM5.
2. The stock tuning is warm with upper bass and mid focus. Treble is present but it's recessed a bit. This leads to a listening experience that might be lacking "wow" factor initially. But after giving the em5 a fair chance, it's a great bud. Not to mention it EQ fantastically well. As @cenizas noted, it's like getting two different buds for one when using the compensation file.

May 25, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #306 of 318
My FAAEAL Datura Pro just broke in 4 months of use with this equalizer.

The drivers appear to be glued on. I am not sure I can recommend these buds.

faaeal_datura_pro.jpg

May 25, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #307 of 318

faaeal_datura_pro.jpg
EQ don't break the buds or any other audio gear

May 26, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #308 of 318

faaeal_datura_pro.jpg
ouch, sorry that happened. I'm not aware of any others having this issue with the Datura Pro, though, to be honest, I'm not sure there are that many head-fi'ers with this earbud. I'd reach out to the vendor and see if they will offer a replacement or at least point you to a contact at Faaeal. I'm not even sure what the warranty is but there has to be one?

EQ wouldn't cause a failure like that. In fact, as long as there's no massive, continual distortion, eq won't negatively affect earbuds at all.

Jun 7, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #309 of 318
Fiio EM5 version 1.5
bass edition and bass edition compensated to 10k

I just realized two things:
1. I haven't put up a 10k restricted version for the EM5, which I've been using lately.
2. It's not easy to find files for the various models I've measured and compensated. Going forward I will use the following convention for my posts that have files in them. [manufacturer] [model] version [release number]. Oh, and use quotes -- so "EM5 version" as the search input will help locate the posts with files for the em5.
Have you added to the wavelet? I do not trust burning earphone before, I will burn in too let see what can be the sound of em5 result...

This day I don't like using the in-ear earphone its feels hurt and irritates me for a long time period, so I buy the em5 hope this is best for me.
This is my first impression, it will change after burn-in

These earbuds are really cool, perfect for those who want high-end earbuds with warm-to-balance sound while maintaining good mid-range clarity and high-end extensions will really enjoy these earbuds. Suitable for vocal, pop, jazz, acoustic, low tempo EDM songs, and other genres where the bass is not too fast like speed metal songs and so on. I use balanced foam and bass foam, the bass quality is very good for the earbuds without overdoing it until it goes past the mid-range, thick, and deep enough. The vocals are intimate, sweet, and close, the highs are quite sparkling and extend but not to the point of pricking/spicy, smooth so for good separation, all well-known instruments are clear according to their position, and finally, the sound stage feels spacious too.

Are you find the difference when use jack 3,5 or 4 mm in the sound?

Jun 7, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #310 of 318
Nice description man and I'm glad that you enjoying it. What difference in sound you expect when you use the same cable.?
In volume level, yeah, you can feel the difference but it does not depend on the cable itself but on the gear you are using

Jun 10, 2021 at 3:33 AM Post #312 of 318
What fixture is being used to generate these curves?
A generic iec711 coupler. I established a baseline with regard to measuring technique by calibrating sound card and mic, achieving essentially identical measurements of various iems that match crinacle's old rig.

But I'm not going to pretend that my measurements are accurate as earbuds are very difficult to measure with accuracy

Jun 10, 2021 at 3:40 AM Post #313 of 318
Have you added to the wavelet? I do not trust burning earphone before, I will burn in too let see what can be the sound of em5 result...

This day I don't like using the in-ear earphone its feels hurt and irritates me for a long time period, so I buy the em5 hope this is best for me.
This is my first impression, it will change after burn-in

These earbuds are really cool, perfect for those who want high-end earbuds with warm-to-balance sound while maintaining good mid-range clarity and high-end extensions will really enjoy these earbuds. Suitable for vocal, pop, jazz, acoustic, low tempo EDM songs, and other genres where the bass is not too fast like speed metal songs and so on. I use balanced foam and bass foam, the bass quality is very good for the earbuds without overdoing it until it goes past the mid-range, thick, and deep enough. The vocals are intimate, sweet, and close, the highs are quite sparkling and extend but not to the point of pricking/spicy, smooth so for good separation, all well-known instruments are clear according to their position, and finally, the sound stage feels spacious too.

Hi there, if you're asking if I have wavelet files for the EM5, yes but they have to be manually imported. I agree with all of your observations. I love my em5's.

To be honest, I'm not hearing much of a difference between the 3.5mm and balanced jacks. However, I only have one dac/amp with balanced outputs (qudelix 5k).

Jun 10, 2021 at 5:10 PM Post #315 of 318
Tmusic 32ohm plastic version
Version 1.5 bass, 10k ceiling.

I made this a long while ago and can't recall if I put the settings to a real world listening test yet. If anyone tries them out let me know if they help. This is what autoeq is logging as the changes to my measurements as defined by my version v1.5 bass target curve.

tmusic plastic.png

Attachments

• tmusic plastic FixedBandEQ v1.5 10k.txt
    470 bytes · Views: 0
  • tmusic plastic PEQ v1.5 10k.txt
    323 bytes · Views: 0
  • tmusic plastic wavelet v1.5 10k.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back