Earbud target curve tests
Oct 27, 2020 at 9:06 PM Post #46 of 318
I tried your Ks Naneless PEQ values on my UAPP and liking it a lot. Only thing I tweaked was 120Hz region where I wanted a little bump. Mids to upper treble transition sounds very accurate to my ears. Better than my EQed AKG N400 which I considered one of more tonally correct sounding TWS in my possession.
Thx for sharing your observations. Good to know the v1.4 curve is getting things right in the mids to upper treble.

I think the k's nameless when compensated is a phenomenal value. Not sure why over on the earbuds anonymous fb group they aren't more popular. It's all Vidos and assorted other buds over there. The me80 doesn't even get much attention.

Oct 27, 2020 at 9:41 PM Post #47 of 318
v1.4 ME80

Coolio! Didn't think the ME80's needed any tweaking, but your tweaks are good, so I'm downloading now :)

Oct 28, 2020 at 4:33 AM Post #50 of 318
Totally agree with your observations. 1.1 was really a stab in the dark and didn't produce what I was looking for. v1.4 might be a bit too neutral, which some will appreciate. For version v1.5 I'll probably probably bring back a low shelf from 125hz. Just a tad. And I'll also probably offer two versions of 1.5 (one version with more bass and sub bass, the other more neutral).

Thanks a lot! Will update with my feedback!

Here's my current setup.. :)

IMG_20201027_094254.jpg

Oct 28, 2020 at 4:49 AM Post #51 of 318
Sounds much better. Mids are brought forward and there's some sort of a "holographic" effect on vocals. Was caught off guard when the vocals jumped out – thought they were coming from my desktop monitor speakers :)
Nice! One thing I noticed when dialing in the upper mids correctly, the soundstage opens up significantly. Sometimes it a really stark contrast. Even without compensation, I think the me80's are fantastic.

Oct 28, 2020 at 4:53 AM Post #52 of 318

Attachments

• nicehck me80 Parametric v1.4 sam.txt
    422 bytes · Views: 0
Oct 29, 2020 at 2:54 AM Post #54 of 318
Totally agree with your observations. 1.1 was really a stab in the dark and didn't produce what I was looking for. v1.4 might be a bit too neutral, which some will appreciate. For version v1.5 I'll probably probably bring back a low shelf from 125hz. Just a tad. And I'll also probably offer two versions of 1.5 (one version with more bass and sub bass, the other more neutral).
The v1.4 is VERY good! Enjoying at 50% strength in wavelet.. Waiting for the 1.5 with just a slightly higher bass and sub-bass. :fingers_crossed:

Oct 29, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #55 of 318
The v1.4 is VERY good! Enjoying at 50% strength in wavelet.. Waiting for the 1.5 with just a slightly higher bass and sub-bass. :fingers_crossed:
I'm running it at 50% as well. I love the Rambo's with this configuration. Really close to TOTL earbud sound in my opinion.

Nov 1, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #58 of 318
I like this for the most part, the one thing I would change is the very uppermost treble. The boosts at 16K and 19K are way too much, they give everything else an artificial sheen. I reduced these peak filters to 1.5 dB and 2 dB respectively.
Thanks. I'll make those adjustments in v1.5. I'm at an age where I can't hear that region.

Nov 5, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #59 of 318
Anyone here can make wavelet work with Poweramp ? I can't make mine work, even after enabling MusicFX
Thanks
sorry for the delay in responding. Wavelet works fine with poweramp for me. On some phones you have to make sure you have "legacy mode" checked in wavelet. Its located in the upper right menu

Nov 6, 2020 at 2:51 AM Post #60 of 318
sorry for the delay in responding. Wavelet works fine with poweramp for me. On some phones you have to make sure you have "legacy mode" checked in wavelet. Its located in the upper right menu
I already checked unchecked legacy mode many times
Auto EQ & Graphical EQ already appeared, but whatever preset I select from Auto EQ/Graphical EQ did't change the sound on PowerAmp

It did work perfectly with my phone default music player (Huawei P30Pro)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back