***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***
Jan 9, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #541 of 611
I just got PAA-1 recently as a freebie from buying Colorfly C3 player from ebay, didn't have any expectation as I assumed that this would have similar sound as iBuds, how wrong I was, absolutely superb...

Apr 29, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #542 of 611
I would like to contribute to this thread as well.  To my ears, the Senn MX-980 is an incredible earbuds.  I bought mine used recently for $100 and couldn't be happier.  Superb sound in many aspects.  By far, the best sounding earbuds in my experience.  I wonder how Sennheiser was able to manage to pull this off.  Listening to the 980 is like listening to a full-sized phones.  What I've found to be most impressive about the MX980 is its rendering of soundstage and the excellent imaging.  Heck, my JH13pro can't even best the MX980 in the soundstage & imaging department.  Of course, the 13pro is on another level on everything else though.

Compared to my other buds namely Sony MDR-E484, E472, and E888.  The MX-980 slaughtered them all. I'm using it out of my Sony NW-F807 unamped using nothing but Flac files.  Well done Sennheiser!!  Has anyone tried the MX-985?

May 30, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #543 of 611
Quote:
-snip-

Compared to my other buds namely Sony MDR-E484, E472, and E888.  The MX-980 slaughtered them all. I'm using it out of my Sony NW-F807 unamped using nothing but Flac files.  Well done Sennheiser!!  Has anyone tried the MX-985?

I'm tempted to buy the MX-985, but I'm worried that it'll be too big for my ears. The Sony E888 is so big that it hurts my ears if I wear it for extended periods. How does the E888 fit your ears, purk? I'm guessing that if the E888 isn't too big for your ears, then the MX-985 is probably too big for mine.

Jul 24, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #544 of 611
Hi,
I understand the criteria used to rate the best earbuds - what I don't understand is how anyone can listen to Hisoundaudio's paa-1 pro's and possibly compare them to Yuin pk 2 or 3 for that matter.
For the price point there is nothing that I have tried that delivers more sound than the Yuin pk series. I am a long time musician with experience in the studio and on the stage (about 40 years). The Yuins are more up front and the sounds are well defined. They might not have a kick ass, bombastic bass, but they're pretty good from the bottom to the top. I own pk1, 2 and 3s.
After reading your ratings I went out and bought a pair of HS paa-1 pro's . . . . . . huge waste of money, time and effort! Let's not get into the 100 or so hours of burn time needed to assess these buds - 100 years of burn time wouldn't change the fact that they are not a high quality bud.
Please, people don't be mislead into thinking these are quality earbuds -THEY AREN'T!  It's possible that HS Live or Living are much better, but I'll stick to the tried and true Yuins I have and be thankful that I haven't wasted any more money. As a matter of fact - If you pay the postage I'll send you the Pro's I have for free!. . . . I just want to forget I ever wasted my money on them.

Jul 25, 2013 at 2:46 AM Post #545 of 611
Quote:
Hi,
I understand the criteria used to rate the best earbuds - what I don't understand is how anyone can listen to Hisoundaudio's paa-1 pro's and possibly compare them to Yuin pk 2 or 3 for that matter.
For the price point there is nothing that I have tried that delivers more sound than the Yuin pk series. I am a long time musician with experience in the studio and on the stage (about 40 years). The Yuins are more up front and the sounds are well defined. They might not have a kick ass, bombastic bass, but they're pretty good from the bottom to the top. I own pk1, 2 and 3s.
After reading your ratings I went out and bought a pair of HS paa-1 pro's . . . . . . huge waste of money, time and effort! Let's not get into the 100 or so hours of burn time needed to assess these buds - 100 years of burn time wouldn't change the fact that they are not a high quality bud.
Please, people don't be mislead into thinking these are quality earbuds -THEY AREN'T!  It's possible that HS Live or Living are much better, but I'll stick to the tried and true Yuins I have and be thankful that I haven't wasted any more money. As a matter of fact - If you pay the postage I'll send you the Pro's I have for free!. . . . I just want to forget I ever wasted my money on them.

Haha! That's pretty harsh but I sort of agree with you. I've got Yuin PK2 & PK3 as well as Hisoundaudio Live & Living, and to me the PK2 easily beats both of the Hisoundaudio earbuds. The PK2 is lush and airy and pretty detailed. I really enjoy listening to it. The Live, which costs more than the PK2, sounds much more thin and harsh. It's good I got them second hand for less money than they retail for. The Living is better but it's also thin and harsh sounding.

You should try out Blox earbuds if you get a chance. They are only made in small batches and you have to be quick to order before they are sold out, but I'd say that the lower end model, the M2C, is just below the Yuin PK2 in sound quality, and the higher end ones such as TM7 and ANV3 are much better than the PK2 (however both are discontinued). Still I wouldn't want to part with my PK2...

Edit: I can add the Sennheiser MX980 (recently discontinued) and MX985 as very good sounding earbuds. My MX980 are very close to my favorite earbuds Blox TM7 in sound and both of those sound like full sized hearphones.

Jul 25, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #546 of 611
Quote:
Edit: I can add the Sennheiser MX980 (recently discontinued) and MX985 as very good sounding earbuds. My MX980 are very close to my favorite earbuds Blox TM7 in sound and both of those sound like full sized hearphones.

Do you have both? Would be nice to hear comparison between them, and MX985 against properly amped PK1 if possible.  
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #547 of 611
I've got MX980 and Blox TM7. Hopefully MX985 sounds as good as MX980. Sennheiser has seemed to just change the design of the volume control and the plug for the MX985.

To me, the sound signatures of TM7 and MX980 are very similar. MX980 has got more in the bass department (but worse fit in your ears) than TM7. Overall, I think TM7 sounds more balanced (even if they are more bass heavy than Yuin PK2 for example).

Jul 25, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #548 of 611
I mean MX985 and MX980 since it's hard to find TM7 now, and there are no one here who have directly compared MX980 and MX985 side by side. From quick google search on it seems that they do sound different (not sure since it's on a google translated chinese forum). 

Jul 25, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #549 of 611
Quote:
I've got MX980 and Blox TM7. Hopefully MX985 sounds as good as MX980. Sennheiser has seemed to just change the design of the volume control and the plug for the MX985.

To me, the sound signatures of TM7 and MX980 are very similar. MX980 has got more in the bass department (but worse fit in your ears) than TM7. Overall, I think TM7 sounds more balanced (even if they are more bass heavy than Yuin PK2 for example).

Can't agree more.  Still love the sound though...wish they learn a thing or two from Sony buds as they have much better fit.

Aug 16, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #551 of 611
Quote:
Hi,

I'll pay the postage for your PAA-1 Pro 
wink.gif

Aug 17, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #552 of 611
Hi,

The offer stood for about a month with no takers . . . . so I went ahead and gave them away for FREE last weekend, as promised, to one of my students - (who is obviously a lot less concerned about what he puts in his ears than I am).
Sorry, I would have been much happier to have sent them to someone on this blog for comparison purposes, which was the original intention of the offer.

Sorry,
Mike

Aug 23, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #553 of 611
Quote:
Hi,

+1
far too much bass (but quite good quality I have to admit), mids recessed, high too polite --> veiled to my ears... I much prefer my PK3
still details are ok and soundstage is good too

Sep 18, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #554 of 611
hi guys have anyone of you tried Bose IE2 ? i am looking for a pair of real comftorbale earbuds but with as good sound quality as possible .  im not gonna wotk out with them but its mostly becouse i cant have stuff in around and up my ear canals they seem to be a bit sensitive. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back