***Earbud Guide - 22 Earbuds compared***
May 27, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #141 of 611
Dang! So many new earbuds! I'm pretty happy with the ones I've got (I mostly use the ATH CM700TI, Yuin PK2 and AKG K319), but I have to say that the 9Wave NW studio and the BEB 328R look very interesting.

May 30, 2011 at 4:03 AM Post #142 of 611
I don't know anything about the DTX10's you just reviewed as $5 sounding earbuds, but couldn't it be just another fake from China? The housing looks 90% identical to the Sony E888's, or rather the the fake E888's, which go for $5 all over ebay, they cost around $90 legit.

P.s. where can you get the Yuin PK3 for $30? I'm seeing $39 on head-direct +$10 shipping.

May 30, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #143 of 611
I hope its not a fake, I got it from a reputable seller in a sealed new beyerdynamic box.  I really wouldn't know the difference if it were a fake because its the first time ive ever seen or held one.  But, the molding of the holding has that crease in it, and its sharp.  Sliced my ear pretty good as soon as I tried to reposition it.  

I see Pk3s being sold right here on head fi for dirt cheap and sometimes on ebay for $30 with free shipping.  

May 30, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #144 of 611
I don't know if they are fake but I always thought of buying the Beyer's. Always stopped even at $15-$20 because they have a rep for being quite bad. Not even the DTX40 is supposedly very good although that would be the one to get if you were so inclined.

Maybe their new stuff is good; if you like decorations/charms hanging from your buds. More of a aesthetic gimmic and I don't think Beyer is really taking buds seriously enough.

edit:
I did try the DTX35 and while not an earbud(a behind the neck portable) they were extremely bad. Another Head-fier called them garbage. A bit strong. Suck badly maybe and similar to swbf2cheaters "sound like $5 headphones" would be exactly right.

May 30, 2011 at 7:19 PM Post #146 of 611

Quote:
i hope you can try the MARSHAL MINOR one day...
its one of the nicest earbuds ive heard.
very airy and well blended.

They aren't bad, but I've heard a lot better.  They sounded really mid-centric to me though.  Played around with the fit and everything.  They were airy though, really airy :)

May 31, 2011 at 4:50 AM Post #147 of 611
I actually think beyer as a hifi brand are over rated here on headfi. Of course, they have their good expensive phones, but a lot of the line up lower down is crap and not worth the $ at all. Just relying on the 'beyer' name I guess.

May 31, 2011 at 5:23 AM Post #148 of 611
Very earnest review, I appreciate your work and those times that I miss my PK-#'s I have this "not-so-little" swbf2cheater voice in my head saying "dude, the MX-#80 kills it."

I want to put some MX-#80's "to the test"...

May 31, 2011 at 7:26 AM Post #149 of 611
I have had the MDR-E888 for a long time and always like it. After my honeymoon with my other IMEs TF10, MT, RE0, MDR-300SL I still prefer the MDR-E888. :D

May 31, 2011 at 8:37 AM Post #150 of 611
I can only say guys, that I have had my MX980s for well over a year now and still love them. I have had no thoughts whatsoever regarding upgrading earbuds. These are just the best FOR ME. I was ready to buy another pair the moment I thought I lost them, but they were just hiding in a deep pocket :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back