Ear wax?
Jan 31, 2009 at 11:49 AM Post #2 of 29
i was eating n i puked on my keyboard.

thanks to u

Jan 31, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #4 of 29
A LOT better!
smile.gif

Jan 31, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #5 of 29
How could that person even hear before?? It looked like the canal was completely sealed with wax.

Jan 31, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #7 of 29
Now that is disgusting on a whole new level.

Jan 31, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #10 of 29
About 15 months ago, an ENT took a big hunk of wax out of each of my ears and I didn't notice any change in my hearing.

Remember the other wax removal video that was posted here featuring the piano music?

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Feb 1, 2009 at 11:21 AM Post #13 of 29
When it gets to the point that theres THAT much earwax, it needs to be cleaned out. Normally though, as long as you don't use Q-tips, you should be fine. For those of you that HAVE been using Q-tips daily to "clean your ears" after a shower, you better get your ears checked, because you're not supposed to be using Q-tips in your ears. All it does is push the wax further down into your ear canal, possibly resulting in what most of you saw.

Just leave your ears alone and the wax will be pushed out to the front by its own natural secretion. Besides, a little bit of earwax is good, it protects your ears from infection and water.

Feb 1, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #14 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by iareConfusE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those of you that HAVE been using Q-tips daily to "clean your ears" after a shower, you better get your ears checked, because you're not supposed to be using Q-tips in your ears.

I am in big trouble then. I have been doing that for years because I hate the feeling of water in my ears after a shower. Maybe I should get to the doctor this week before I loose my health insurance since I am switching jobs soon and the new one has no coverage.

Kinda on the same subject, I have a friend that went to the doctor a few years ago and had his sinuses surgically cleaned and he said it was amazing the difference afterwards. His voice even changed.

Feb 1, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmAndHammer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am in big trouble then. I have been doing that for years because I hate the feeling of water in my ears after a shower. Maybe I should get to the doctor this week before I loose my health insurance since I am switching jobs soon and the new one has no coverage.

Kinda on the same subject, I have a friend that went to the doctor a few years ago and had his sinuses surgically cleaned and he said it was amazing the difference afterwards. His voice even changed.

If it feels like you've got some cloggage in your ear, go visit the doctor just to be sure. Most of the time it isn't that serious, since tons of people use Q-tips, but I would just stop using Q-tips altogether. At least don't shove them all the way down your ear. Its suggested that if you want to clean your ear that you only clean around the outsides, not all the way in the canal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back