Ear suck???
Jun 24, 2008 at 12:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

oicdn

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, after fiddling with them for over an hour, with tri flanges, bi flanges, comply tips, all of different sizes, I can't seem to get a fit of the ER4.
mad.gif
frown.gif

I can get a seal and isolated, and they go in DEEEEEEP, but it still just sounds like somebody clipped ALL the bass. I can't seem to get ANY bass out of them. It sounds like I'm listening to somebody else listening to music with grados on. No bass and all tinny and flat.

So, where now? It's killing me, cause I REALLY REALLY wanted to give them a good shot given all the love, but I can't seem to get ANY life out of them.

Jun 24, 2008 at 1:16 AM Post #4 of 8
I'm sure there would be SOME bass. Even coming from Grado's there was NONE...I found a sweet spot when I wiggled them in my ear, but I couldn't get them to stay put. I have funny ear canals. So far, Shures, and UE don't work in my ears...only the UM1 and UM2 have been able to get a good seal and sound great without ANY hassle...

Jun 24, 2008 at 1:57 AM Post #5 of 8
Huh, I get wonderful bass (just not copious amounts of it) with my ER-4P. Have you tried the Shure black foams yet? They work best for me.

Jun 24, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #7 of 8
Try the foam tips. The foam can form to fit your ears better.

Or try inserting the earplug with you mouth open and/or pull your ear up with you other hand while inserting. I read that on another thread. Opening your mouth is supposed to open the ear canal to make insertion better plus the open mouth helps in making molds for custom ear pieces.

If you're getting a seal but no bass, try adjusting your audio settings. Play around with it and eventually you'll get a good sound.

Jun 24, 2008 at 2:47 AM Post #8 of 8
^ Not going to play with audio settings just to get one pair of headphones working.

I tried foamies, but they didn't work either, they were slightly better, but not really. They don't sit right in my ear to begin with. Like I see most people have them resting almost on their ear lobe...I can't get mine to point down, they point straight out. I have weird ear canals I guess.

On another note, when did the IEM forum open up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back