Ear problems?
Sep 8, 2013 at 7:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ebjarrell

100+ Head-Fier
I'm curious who else may have this problem.  I use IEMs exclusively and currently have the Westone 4R.  I have noticed that, no matter what tip I use, I am getting repeat ear problems in my right ear.  I'm not sure if it's just the ear canal not being tough enough or what but I'm getting a bit tired of it.  I didn't really have this problem with the Heir Audios that I had because they didn't fit so deeply.  Maybe I need to switch to on/over ears?

Sep 8, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #4 of 9
Hmm - that seems odd. I was thinking you might have scratched the the canal, but this sounds like something else. Yeah, I would probably switch to over-ears for a while and see if that helps. Maybe it's a fungus from the lack of ventilation? Did the Doctor give you any drops or anything?

Sep 9, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #6 of 9
Some people are allergic to comply/foam tips. are you using them or star tips?
I used to have all sort of infections, irritation for no reason, ear pain. Most of the time, the pain goes away and you'll be able to use them again, stop wearing IEMs for a month, and see how it goes.

Sep 11, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #8 of 9
Yeah, same advice as above. Give your ears a rest for a while, and consider a shallower-fitting design if the problem persists.

Also, if you're using foam tips, make sure you replace them periodically as per the directions. If you're using silicone tips, you should clean them regularly if you don't already. I dip mine in hydrogen peroxide for a little while to nuke anything that might be living on them, give them a good rinse, then dry them off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back