Ear Hair Question
Nov 2, 2002 at 6:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

bangraman

Headphoneus Supremus
OK so I'm not getting any younger. I find that fine (and not so fine) hairs growing out of my ears are interfering with my headphone experience because it gets so damned itchy! I know clippers are part of the answer, but as in stubble, I would imagine the clipped buggers will grow back twice as thick. So is there a way of removing ear hair another way?

Nov 2, 2002 at 6:18 PM Post #2 of 20
Wow, I never thought about this!
I guess the problem is tenfold with ety users.
eek.gif

I don't know of a solution that would eliminate stubble short of some type of laser treatment.

(the ultimate audio tweak! Just imagine the look on the doctor's face when you tell him that it will help the soundstage.
wink.gif
)

Nov 2, 2002 at 7:30 PM Post #3 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by bootman
Wow, I never thought about his!
I guess the problem is tenfold with ety users.
eek.gif

I don't know of a solution that would eliminate stubble short of some type of laser treatment.

(the ultimate audio tweak! Just imagine the look on the doctor's face when you tell him that it will help the soundstage.
wink.gif
)

I'm a fairly hairy guy and think this is pretty funny. Maybe you could have the hair removed by laser.
biggrin.gif
Just make sure you don't tell him it's to improve the sound of your headphones or else your gonna get some very strange looks. Tell him it's for some other reason. Make something up.
biggrin.gif

Nov 2, 2002 at 8:16 PM Post #4 of 20
I've been trimming my ear hair with small Panasonic and Wahl electric trimmers for years. I usually remember to do it when I see a thicket growing in somebody else's ears. Upon Tyll's suggestion, I recently began using Murine's ear wax removal kit and this produced a noticeable improvement in subtle sound perception (although visible crud production was nil). Reducing the amount of ear hair has got to reduce the amount of physical structure the other goop can cling to. I figure, especially when we are talking high fidelity, every little bit counts and what could be more basic than personal hygiene.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 2, 2002 at 8:52 PM Post #5 of 20
once in a long while i will find one or two irritating hairs on my earlobe. they get plucked with tweezers, then some antiseptic on the old lobe.

Nov 5, 2002 at 7:49 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by TimSchirmer
eeew... you guys make me fear growing older

I would also like to point out the grossness factor of this thread.

Thankfully, I plan on staying my current age for the next 100 years, so I am A-OK.

Nov 5, 2002 at 8:12 AM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

I would also like to point out the grossness factor of this thread.

yeah, really...
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Thankfully, I plan on staying my current age for the next 100 years, so I am A-OK.

hahahah, and how do you plan to do that?
tongue.gif

Nov 5, 2002 at 11:26 AM Post #12 of 20
Braid them. Yeah, you heard me. Braid them. A pigtail in each ear. And if you're using Etys, route the cable through the pigtail. Works wonders eliminating microphones and occlusion effects...

very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 5, 2002 at 2:33 PM Post #14 of 20
Not sure about having a laser running about in my lughole :/ It's such a hassle to get ready the two mirror setup then go hunting with the tweezers. Perhaps I'll have to resort to clippers. On the subject of hairs, I was shocked to find a white nosehair the other day
eek.gif

Nov 5, 2002 at 8:04 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by SBomm
Antiseptic on a plucked hair?
confused.gif

I pull about 10 hairs out of each ear and never think twice about it.

if i don't my earlobe burns & itches. i don't get them that often so i guess i don't have the calluses built up yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back