Ear Bud Recommendations
Mar 16, 2018 at 7:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

seag33k

100+ Head-Fier
I have number of over the ear headphones (Beyer COP, DT990 Pro, AT M50, & Sony MDR1000X), but need some in ear headphones for work and my commute. What are your recommendations for inexpensive options (under $50) and higher end options ($150). I won't be using a portable amp. I'll be connecting them to my laptop or Samsung Note8 (still has a headphone port). Thanks in advance!

Mar 16, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #2 of 7
I have number of over the ear headphones (Beyer COP, DT990 Pro, AT M50, & Sony MDR1000X), but need some in ear headphones for work and my commute. What are your recommendations for inexpensive options (under $50) and higher end options ($150). I won't be using a portable amp. I'll be connecting them to my laptop or Samsung Note8 (still has a headphone port). Thanks in advance!
For the $50ish price-point I really like the SoundMAGIC E10. It outperforms its price markedly. Is well-made (mine are 5 yrs old and still in great shape).

For the $100-$150 level I like the iBasso IT01, FiiO F9 Pro, and the 1More Triple and Quad (slightly more money) Drivers. Maybe read about these and see what you think. It is possible one of them could work for you.

Mar 30, 2018 at 12:19 AM Post #3 of 7
I picked up the SoundMAGIC E10s. How can I figure out the size of ear tip replacements? I have fairly large ear canals so the large seem to fit ok. I'd like to check other tips if possible?

Mar 30, 2018 at 12:50 AM Post #4 of 7
On the Comply website, they list 400 for the tip size for the E10. There are multiple different tip sizes and shapes with the 400 indicator on them that you can choose from, some silicone, some foam. You can look at the photos and see if you can identify a few that you think might work for you. Fortunately, they are affordable. Hope that helps you. Let me know if you need further help. ---)

Mar 30, 2018 at 1:01 AM Post #5 of 7
Thanks! I tried using my spares from my JayBird X2's but they didn't fit. I do a little digging for 400's.

Apr 2, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #6 of 7
The SoundMAGIC E10 sound great with my portable amp. They seem harder to drive on my Note8 when on a noisy bus. Any suggestions for easier to drive earbuds? Possibly even noise canceling? Budget can be higher considering noise canceling.

Apr 2, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #7 of 7
The SoundMAGIC E10 sound great with my portable amp. They seem harder to drive on my Note8 when on a noisy bus. Any suggestions for easier to drive earbuds? Possibly even noise canceling? Budget can be higher considering noise canceling.
The VSONIC VSD1S is 32 ohms and 110 dB sensitivity, It is quite easy to drive. Maybe check it out and see what you think. It might work, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back