Eagle_Driver's "hit report" #666: My audiophile dreams - ON HOLD (for now, anyway)
Jun 26, 2002 at 5:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Eagle_Driver

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm currently still on that dial-up CRAP connection that takes seemingly FOREVER just to load one single Head-Fi page!
mad.gif
tongue.gif
So, Ive decided to take the plunge into broadband (in the form of DSL). As a result, the Headroom Total Airhead will be my last headphones-related purchase - at least until my income has caught up with my would-be-charges for broadband Internet service.
frown.gif

Hopefully, this delay in headphone- (or audiophile-) related purchases will last until this year's Christmas holiday season.
wink.gif

cya l8r

-Randall

Jun 26, 2002 at 1:39 PM Post #2 of 11
See ya 'round Christmas
biggrin.gif

Jun 26, 2002 at 2:00 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by coolvij
See ya 'round Christmas
biggrin.gif

LOL!
biggrin.gif
I will still be posting here and to give advice to those who still don't know which headphones sound good - and which cans suck - between now and Christmas (and beyond).
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 26, 2002 at 5:59 PM Post #5 of 11
I was lucky our town was selected as the beta site for the now troubled @home broadband cable modem. I have had it for a number of years now and would be lost without it.

December is not too far away.

Jun 26, 2002 at 7:34 PM Post #6 of 11
ya with my service i have DSL and 10 hours per month of dial up just in case the DSL server goes down.

I have used the dial up once this year, as the DSL was down at that time. I can honestly say that i CANNOT live without DSL. The dial up was soooo slow in comparision. I mean, i knew it was going to be slower, but i forgot how sllllooow it really was.

btw: i think you should be happy with all the headphone stuff you have currently....thats still a lot more stuff than i have and can afford...
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 26, 2002 at 8:46 PM Post #8 of 11
It's scary how many of us, myself included, find broadband a necessity. I'm moving soon and I'm surprised that I haven't scouted out broadband availability yet.

Aug 1, 2002 at 4:20 PM Post #11 of 11
That's right - I got that friggin' AOL/SBC DSL service! And guess what?

A 120MB (that's megabytes, not megabits) benchmarking software program file took just 25 minutes to download on DSL!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Compare that to my old 56K dial-up, which would have taken a f**kin' seven hours to download that same file!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
Moreover, no more hogging the single dial-up phone line - EVER; my regular phones can still dial out or receive calls!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

P.S.: I almost forgot - I would love to buy one more pair of full-size headphones to compliment my Etys (and sell most of my other full-size headphones). I'm thinking of either a pair of Sennheiser HD600's (or 580's) or a pair of AKG K501's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back